Universal [Pulled] BioShock (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    One of the developer already denied having any plans for metal support a few pages back.I understand this because why should they going through the hassle of rewriting the entire code if they can't expect to make any more money with this game?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i wouldnt count on any changes or additions except for iOS9 compatibility. Id be happy with that at least.

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yeah,i Know The statement of The developers,But,Honestly,they Lost 2 months of Profits by taking out it From App Store,again,They Put They're Time on Update It,in Some Way,they need to get back the money lost in recent months. New Iphones,Ipads/Mini Are here,Are all potentially new Costumers,so I Think something good can Happen. What i'm Sure it Coming Back Without "Free IAP" Language Download,The Audio Languages Will Be already In The App. Let's Hope MFI Controller Compatibility Work Like Before on iOS 9,BIOSHOCK in My Opinion it's One Of The Best Title To Play With Controller,The Devs Here have done a Great Job on It.

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    yep,works great with a controller.

Regarding"losing profit for months":Unfortunately i don't think it created much money the months before.Most of the money you make in the app store (with a premium game)is in the first days when it's visible to everyone.They thought it's worth losing a couple of bucks instead of getting flak in the app reviews.Good reviews are the gold currency of the the app store world ;)

5. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Ok I can't even find this game in my purchase history . Anybody else ? I thought this would be back by now

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Same here!What the heck?

7. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    This it's really Weird..i have it installed on 2 devices,but where i normally play it it's Broken,on IPhone 6 Plus.if i Deleting The Game and magically disappears From my Purchased List it suck! A New Paid app For Bioshock? It doesn't Make sense.But i Remember Well when XCOM EU was Pulled For a new XCOM EW,That basically The same Game Enanched,but if i remember Correctly if You Purchase EU,was on You're Purchased list.Some Changes On IOS 9?
    Sorry For The off topic of XCOM but Are The same developers and it's The only case For do an example.

8. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    oh no its not showing up in my purchased either. i hope they bring it back i paid for it but was never able to play it because it was incompatible

9. zulu-man

zulu-man Member

Feb 19, 2014
    #849 zulu-man, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's been happening since 8.4.1. ;)

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeah, but XCOM: EU was left in the purchase history of people when EW arrived. I don't own BioShock, but it's BS that things like this happen...

12. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I don't know, call it naive optimism, but I really doubt that 2K pulled BioShock for good. Maybe they just took the opportunity to finetune some of the rougher elements of the game to better suit the new iPhones/iPads, or even the Apple TV. Hopefully some rep from 2K will get in touch with Shaun and clear the air about this situation. Having said that, if you're one of those people who'd like nothing more than for the App Store to become a more legitimate store front, then this kind of situation is rather uncomfortable (not only because one of the best games of the last decade has just "left the building", but because it shows that the money you put into it doesn't automatically guarantee safety).

13. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    2k response

TLDR: 2K removed Bioshock as a developer decision. They're very sorry about that. Get a refund from Apple.

"Kaitlyn T., Sep 23, 6:18 PM:
    Hey there,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support.

I understand you're having issues with Bioshock for mobile gaming. Unfortunately, you are correct we don't currently have this game for mobile gaming anymore, which I know can be frustrating. The removal of the game was a developer decision. This happens occasionally, but thankfully not often.

I'm terrible sorry for this, if you purchased Bioshock for IOS and you would like a refund, Apple will be of great assistance. Since the transaction wasn't completed through us, we can not perform a full refund back to you. However you will be able to complete a refund with Apple. They will be able to do this for you.

Again, I'm terrible sorry for this experience, but I hope that Apple can clear this up for you as soon as possible.

Here's the link to their customer support, please contact them for any refunds from the App Store.
    ---> [link removed as it appears to be upsetting TA's spam filters]

If you ever have any future inquiries for 2K games, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Kaitlyn T.
    2K Support"

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Decent stock letter. So, if it was a developer decision, maybe they are working to make it better. Or maybe they've decided it wasn't worth the work anymore. Who knows what kind of contract they had with 2K. Was it Irrational Games who handled this port?

15. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This reminds me of that song from the Qemists:

"I GOT CHO' MONAYY!!"

16. Malrulezzzu

Malrulezzzu Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    So has anyone requested a refund yet from Apple?

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I did this evening for both Bioshock and MHFU. I've got over $25 wrapped up in those two apps and out of the 2000+ apps I've bought from Apple this is

a.) the first time I've ever asked for a refund and,

b.) the most I've felt just straight slighted by devs/publishers.

This shit has to change otherwise wherein does the fine line between selling and renting become obscured? That's what I feel like, that I was given brief ownership of the games for an indeterminate amount of time and when the devs decide you're done, that's it.

Not how this should work.

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    If I requested a refund for every game I've bought in the last five years that is currently broken I would easily rake in over $500. My biggest beef with iOS gaming is that we do not buy games, we rent them for a short period of time. And developers can take games we paid for and change them into whatever the hell they want to at their whim and there is nothing we can do about it.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The real BS part is when they put "we're working on a fix" blurb on the description before they eventually pulled it.

But hey, iOS gaming wont be as fun without the drama.

20. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Yep. Well said. It's a growing problem, and just keeps getting worse.

I love my iPad games to death, but my 3DS is starting to look real good right now. Real good.