Price Drops, Freebies, etc.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Eli, Nov 23, 2010.

1. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    Check your PM :)

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I had actually left out that I had the Words with Friends and Scrabble lite versions. I hadn't expected it to be similar to those. I haven't had a chance to play yet, but my first impression is much better than expected (and I don't mean that as any sort of insult). The graphics look very polished and the game seems to offer the same gameplay as the competition but also adds in a few extra twists and more types of gameplay. It.'m looking forward to checking it all out. And I could be wrong, but I don't remember the competition having in-game chat. Whether they do or not, that's another nice touch. I likely won't use it because I don't play many games with people I actually know, but it's a great option for people who do.

As I said, I haven't tried this out much at all yet so I don't know if it plays well and whether all the extras work, but it's got a lot of potential.

3. FaresF

FaresF Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Consultant
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you've played for a while :)

Cheers.

4. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    Cool Sounding Coordinates #5
    Great little war game is FREE

Just wanted to tell everyone that I noticed today that Great Little War Game is free for the weekend. Right after it got featured on Attack of the Show. So I would pick it up while it's free. So check it out.

5. olsonvox

olsonvox Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    iphone
    USA
    djay now 99 cents down from $10 for limited time special price.

★★ Now at an unbelievable price - LIMITED TIME OFFER! ★★
    ★Get the hottest party app and start spinning your own iPod music today!★

The super popular djay for iPhone and iPod touch app from algoriddim is available for just 99 cents right now. It is normally $10, so this is the time to get it before the price goes back up. Easily the best app for mixing music available out there. Amazing interface and it "just works". Very pro feeling experience that integrates directly with your iTunes library.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

6. iber4

iber4 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Developer
    Europe

Pirbot for iPad

PIRBOT

Probably the best puzzle game for iPad. See for yourself.

Featured on the App Store in 341 plac…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    PIRBOT

Probably the best puzzle game for iPad. See for yourself.

Featured on the App Store in 341 places. New and Noteworthy:
    United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Australia, Argentina, Switzerland, Japan, Norway, China, Russia, Belgium, New Zealand and many others...

OpenFeint enabled with social networks incorporated.

Pirbot (pirate robot) searches for hidden treasure. He has a special magical map showing where to find chests full of gold and diamonds.

His troubles begin when he enters a small Caribbean island. The path to the treasure is difficult.

If you want to help Pirbot recover his gold you will need to build a path for him.

Accept the challenge, share the treasurers and enjoy the adventure. Along the way you will encounter many hardships. You will need to focus to move forward. Be sure to share your High scores with others on the network.

Hmmmm…. The mystery….I like it!

This game will make you think and challenge your intelligence. Enjoy!

*We recommend reading the help before starting the game.

- More updates coming soon!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Apr 02, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Enjoy it!

7. laststandstan

laststandstan Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Various Government, Military
    taunton, uk
    #87 laststandstan, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  8. Crazybreadman

Crazybreadman Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    App Developer
    Washington
    #88 Crazybreadman, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
    Doodle Cannon is free for Easter.

Doodle Cannon

Q: Why do we blow up monsters?

A: It's simple. They deserve it. Not because they stole a mustached plumber's pr…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Q: Why do we blow up monsters?

A: It's simple. They deserve it. Not because they stole a mustached plumber's princess again, but because they are really ugly and smell like old fish. They also tell jokes about your mom. Today you and your cannon will blast them into tiny bits!
    ----------------------------------------------
    ***Featured on New & Noteworthy/ What's Hot***
    ----------------------------------------------
    Reviews

"Doodle Cannon grows on you and becomes completely addictive. 4/5 stars" -AppSafari

"Doodle Cannon has the potential to be an app store dominator; it should be right next to Angry Birds or Doodle Jump in the Top 25 list." -AppModo

=====================================

-Intuitive controls (no fingers blocking your view!)

-30 action packed levels featuring 2 enemy monsters

-Earn medals and trade them for items

-Upgrade your arsenal with new types of bombs

-Save your progress/ autosave feature

-2 Player vs. mode (PvP)

User comments
    -----------------------------------------------
    "I couldn't put it down until my wife wanted a try, now I can't get it back!" -Rich_952000

"Great game, fun & addictive gameplay, beautiful doodle graphics and replay value!" -JohnHasio
    -----------------------------------------------
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade, Family, Puzzle, Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Jun 05, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (2)

9. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

Paperboy: Special Delivery is now FREE on the iTunes App Store for a limited time! http://bit.ly/fUOs8d

Paperboy: Special Delivery

A veritable classic from the golden age of video gaming returns to a new route on the iPhone/smartphone/mobile platform!…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    A veritable classic from the golden age of video gaming returns to a new route on the iPhone/smartphone/mobile platform! The arcade game you remember from the 80's has been brought back to life with updated graphics and a new Story Mode with more forgiving game-play mechanics.

As the Paperboy, you'll fight for customers against the enigmatic "Grifter." Successfully deliver papers to the customers on your route, scoring bonus points for landing papers directly in their mailbox. You'll have plenty of obstacles to contend with along the way: avoid dogs, cars, burglars, breakdancers, trash cans, runaway lawnmowers and more!

As you play through the story, you'll acquire different skills and abilities - like yo-yo and multi-paper throws - to get help you through challenging areas. Pay attention for clues as the story unfolds - will you get the girl? Who are the mysterious paper barons trying to muscle in on your turf? All will be revealed in this humorous, nostalgic and faithful re-creation of the 80's classic!

FEATURES

- An update that retains the humor and core gameplay of the original 80's stand-up arcade classic

- Easy controls make pick-up-and-play a snap: turn left/right, speed up/slow down, throw papers.

- Funny, engaging storyline set in the 80s, supported by new obstacles, gameplay enhancements and characters. 20 story levels in all!

- A NEW, easier STORY Mode in addition to CLASSIC Mode - just like the original!

- Refined artwork and graphics make for a deeper, richer and more 3D experience than ever before.

- Develop your paperboy character by unlocking 10 special skills and abilities in Story Mode such as the yo-yo throw or multi-paper throw.

- GAME CENTER LEADERBOARDS Hit bullseye deliveries and other obstacles to get higher scores and dominate the global leaderboards.

- Special Halloween theme in the story mode. Trick unsubscribers by smashing their windows!

FOLLOW US at
    Twitter - @glumobile
    facebook.com/glumobile
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Nov 04, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (5)

10. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Who's That Flying? Fire sale! 99 cents.

11. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
  12. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    #92 AlienSpace, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    Alien Space is FREE today, May 2. Enjoy!

Alien Space

The best space shooter in the AppStore has arrived! The mission: Pilot your ship into the heart of enemy space and destr…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The best space shooter in the AppStore has arrived! The mission: Pilot your ship into the heart of enemy space and destroy anything that gets in your way.

The game features:

-fast-paced gameplay
    -upgradeable ship systems and weapons
    -30 campaign levels
    -survival mode
    -OpenFeint and Game Center leaderboards and achievements
    -precise controls
    -awesome 3D graphics
    -listen to iTunes music while playing game

Unlike other shooters where the best the enemy AI can do is to run into you, Alien Space offers a wide variety of enemies wielding the same weapons available to you, and then some. Blasters, lasers, tractor beams, missiles, photon torpedos… they'll throw everything they can at you. Are you up to the task?

What people are saying:
    -----------------------------------------

"Devilishly playable and packed with action"
    -PocketGamer

"Those after a serious challenge will appreciate its no-holds-barred style"
    -AppSpy

"Alien Space should quickly make a name for itself among the best space-themed games"
    -AppSmile

"This is a must-have for fans of dual-stick or space shooters, or action games in general"
    -MobileTechReview

"It’s a space shooter game that is quite addictive and will keep you coming back for more"
    -iPhoneAppsFinder

"This game delivers what it promises"
    -ifun.de

"5 Stars"
    -OrangeiPhone.ru
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Oct 08, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (4)

13. jayanthgurijala

jayanthgurijala Well-Known Member

SpacePuzzle - End of The Great Battle (Weekend sale, now $0.99)

Hey,

Great news! SpacePuzzle - End of the Great Battle is now available for $0.99 for the weekend.

Its been reviewed by well known people.

Matt Rix (developer of TrainYard) tweeted it here Tweet
    Developer of 'block the laser' reviewed it here Review

The line I loved from the above review...

"I liked your game a lot, and it was exactly how you described it--you have to plan it out then watch it unfold like a movie. If I had three more thumbs, I'd give you five thumbs-up! "

There is a trailer too!! (The Graphics are blurred in the video, thanks to QuickTime Video capture. Checkout the screenshots, the display on the device is crystal clear!)

Finally, here is the app

SpacePuzzle - Rudwolf Revenge

The great battle has come to an end and The Earth Forces emerged victorious. Our SpaceShips are all set to return home. …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The great battle has come to an end and The Earth Forces emerged victorious. Our SpaceShips are all set to return home. But the journey through deep space is treacherous. Pilots are exhausted and the ships are out of ammunition. They need guidance.
    "Major, you have been assigned to bring them back safely. Blast the asteroids and use shields against lasers or simply dodge them, the choice is yours. But our boys must be brought back."

-Get a glimpse of the deep space through your iPhone/iTouch/iPad.
    -Guide ships home through enemy traps and dangers lurking in deep space.
    -A beautiful puzzle which makes you think and enjoy with increasing level of difficulty.
    -Frequent updates with new levels.
    -Second episode in the series "Attack of the sentinels" will be released shortly.
    -Individually developed in six months.
    -Developer is a student pursuing masters and an author too.

Checkout http://spacepuzzle.in

Game developed by Jayanth Gurijala as a part of his final year project.

Want to try SpacePuzzle for free?
    Try out SpacePuzzleLite! Get it now!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Puzzle
    Release:Apr 18, 2011
    Version:
    User Rating:Unrated

14. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Words with friends has now dropped down to a buck.

15. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Dalton - THE AWESOME!

Colorbox
    Do you love run n' jump games or do you hate them? Whatever the case, Dalton - The Awesome is made for you! Be sure th…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Do you love run n' jump games or do you hate them? Whatever the case, Dalton - The Awesome is made for you! Be sure that you think twice before clicking buy this game cuz it's insanely addictive!!! Play as Dalton on his journey to kill all of the zombies standing in his way as he achieves TRUE AWESOMENESS! ٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭٭ Features: - Single touch control, we have already optimized it to be the best run n' jump experience in a game ever! - Various power-ups will keep you entertained for YEARS!! The higher the score you earn, the more awesome power-ups will come into play! - Shop with your collected zombie souls to upgrade your beloved power-ups so as to CRUSH your pals best scores! - Crazy Doodle art style with Zombies chasing you is what Dalton - The Awesome is all about! - GameCenter leaderboards and tons of achievements! - Updates with new maps and power-ups will be coming out monthly.
    Information
    Seller:Colorbox
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Feb 10, 2011
    Updated:May 23, 2015
    Version:1.1.3
    Size:60.4 MB
    User Rating: (4)

Dalton - The AWESOME is on sale for free in a limited time!:D

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

17. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Warpgate Now free. This displays it better Habs. :p

Warpgate

Space, the last uncharted horizon, is wide open for those who have the power to take it. Get ready for one of the most a…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Space, the last uncharted horizon, is wide open for those who have the power to take it. Get ready for one of the most anticipated games to hit the iTunes App Store. Warpgate, from studio Freeverse, is available now!

Rule the universe. Dominate commodity markets - legal or illegal. Condemn your enemies and explore the vast reaches of the universe. Aliens and Pirates: will they be your allies or foes? Risk it all to explore expand exploit and exterminate throughout the galaxy! Warpgate offers a vast cosmos of over 35 star-systems to explore in 172 different starships with over 100 main quests. Groundbreaking galactic graphics, fluid controls, and endless non-quest missions mean there is no limit to your adventure! Warpgate is perfect for the iPhone and iPod Touch with intuitive touch controls and promises an amazingly immersive experience.

Warpgate's innovative normal mapping integration means that users of all devices can experience the breathtaking details of the expanses of space. Brag about your conquests and share your adventures with Plus+ awards and in-game Postman postcard sharing features.

Check out more online here: http://freeverse.com/warpgate
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Simulation
    Release:Apr 13, 2010
    Version:
    User Rating: (16)

18. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Quad Pong is now on SALE, 50% off. A little game for killing time. Grab it while it's hot!

AppStore link.

App info:

Boxed Ball

One Minute Games
    NOW, FREE FOR THE FIRST TIME! LIMITED TIME! Try to keep your ball between four paddles and score one point for every b…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    NOW, FREE FOR THE FIRST TIME! LIMITED TIME! Try to keep your ball between four paddles and score one point for every bounce. What's the catch? Ball is going faster and faster! You need to be quicker! Quick entertainment when you have little time. Compete with your friends on Game Center leaderboards, try to master every move to impress your buddies. If you feel bored, just pick up and play Boxed Ball, a nice twist about the oldest game ever - Pong. FEATURES: • Innovative gameplay based on the classic - Pong • Game Center leaderboards • Solid 60 fps animation on every device • Low battery usage design • Easy, intuitive controls ( Touch or Tilt ) • Tilt control with GYROSCOPE • Controls could be customized to your preference • Gameplay statistics Check out my new game! Matchblocks. Action puzzles in minimalistic style. Available on the AppStore now. Hope you enjoy this game! Stay with me: www.one-minute-games.com www.twitter.com/oneminutegames
    Information
    Seller:One Minute Games
    Genre:Arcade, Sports
    Release:Oct 15, 2010
    Updated:Nov 18, 2012
    Version:1.4.4
    Size:4.8 MB
    User Rating: (1)

App video:

Have Fun!

19. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009

TheKing'sWorry

*** My new game "NumberHero" have begun to sell in app store, please search "numberhero".

<…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *** My new game "NumberHero" have begun to sell in app store, please search "numberhero".

This is a very handy puzzle game. The character needs to defeat the monsters by eliminating Number Blocks.
    Also, players can adjust the Character Status to experience different kinds of fun.

Game Features
    - In the game, there are 9 different kinds of Power Blocks from number 1 to 9. By pressing down the block, players can change the numbers in order from 1 to 9. Each round has a time limit. When time’s up, the matching combos you arranged create Continuous Attacks and help to increase the Attack Power.
    - It has 10 different levels for you to challenge!
    - Game data is automatically saved after you finish one level, so you can always resume the game.
    - Difficulty increases once you approach to the next level, so you need to move faster before those monsters defeat you!

TheKing'sWorry Gameplay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFn1sxRn2SI
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle
    Release:Dec 18, 2010
    Version:

20. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009

BoxUp

"BoxUp" is a one of a kind skill puzzle
    game that will blow your mind!

The IPhone/Ipod version of…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "BoxUp" is a one of a kind skill puzzle
    game that will blow your mind!

The IPhone/Ipod version of the
    featured "New and Noteworthy" BoxUp HD
    is now available!

Don't let the introductory levels deceive you!

As you progress through each level, new
    power ups and contraptions are introduced:
    Look out for Black Holes that pull you in,
    and Fans that blow you away!
    Zapping rays and Electrified walls that
    blast away your shapes! Magnets and
    Shape Shifters!
    Speed tracks and Tube zones! Exploding
    power ups!… The list goes on and on!

Can you find the strategy that will
    give you the best time?

Compete with your friends through built in
    Game Center Leaderboards and keep
    track of your own High scores
    and Rank with the local Score system.

"BoxUp" features hours of game play,
    challenging levels, lots of content and
    replay value.

Each of the 135 carefully crafted levels
    requires logic and skill to overcome,
    but it's still easy to pick up and play!

Key features:
    - Unique and original game play
    - 135 carefully crafted levels
    - Cool sketch graphics
    - Game center Leaderboards
    - Local High scores
    - No fillers!
    - Lots of content
    - Built in tutorial and
    introductory levels to get you going
    - Easy to learn but hard to master

"BoxUp" is one of the most original and
    fun-filled games on the App Store,
    so get it now!

----------------------------

"BoxUp HD is a very unique and original game.
    Many of the games in the app store are similar
    to others,so this brings a refreshing challenge."

--AppAdvice.com

----------------------------

=>Check out the video at our website:
    http://www.blitpop.com/igames.htm

====================================

We're already working on new levels, so please remember to rate BoxUp!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:May 10, 2011
    Version: