Universal Pocket HalfPipe (by NaffRobot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 11, 2011.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Seconded.

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #22 Touchgamer3g, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    I went out on a limb and bought this due to the raving reviews and I have two words to describe the game:

Unexpectedly amazing.

Any chance of an iPad version or making this version universal? And how many items are there to unlock?

By the way, I love that the achievements are unlockable in-game without having to access Game Center :)

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    How could I pass up the chance to carry around a halfpipe in my pocket? I couldn't! Just downloaded and played through the tutorial. Sweet little game! :)

4. theTMO

theTMO Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Hope to see more from this game.
    Something like Jet Set Radio in a sequel maybe! :D

Keep Up the good work.

5. Trejik

Trejik Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Wow. This is great. Just finished all unlocks, and still really cool, and a small download, which is awesome in my book. The last board is cool, but, I want some updates with more stuff.

Looking at how this guy has nailed the controls, something similar in a more on rails like game skating through an actual level would be totally awesome, especially with this cool art style.

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Game Length

"Wow. This is great. Just finished all unlocks"

How long did it take? I'm not expecting a ton of content for $.99 but just asking.

And is the game crazy fun to play regardless of the unlocks? Do you think you will keep coming back to it?

7. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    no one here can post a video?

8. sdbbell

sdbbell Member

Feb 20, 2009
    been playing this game on and off the last day and completely love it. the controls are spot on and the polish on the game is amazing. as someone suggested a contained type on rails system through levels would be amazing. but for the .99 cent price this game is spot on. id recommend it to anyone that is a fan of skateboarding games or really just about anyone that enjoys nice polished stints of fun. :)

9. 3Dave

3Dave Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Senior Artist/Animator
    Monroe, WA
    #29 3Dave, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    Why can I not get this game down? I have no idea how to build up speed. Am I supposed to release the foot button inside the red portions shown in the tutorial? It seems like I get a bigger boost by releasing just before I leave the ramp. Do I tap the foot button?

The game seems awesome, but I just can't figure out the mechanic to get my skater going fast.

EDIT: Wait! Got it... I didn't realize you had to release at both spots to really build up speed. Now I'm loving this!

10. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    #30 Rangerlump, Jan 14, 2011
    To gain speed, you want to have the foot depressed in the bottom corners of the ramp (transitions), not during the entire descent and flats. My son had the same issue, when he was just holding down the foot button and releasing on the verts.

As you come down the vert, hold the button, as you hit the flats, release and reHOLD before hitting the other vert, then release at the top etc.

<--- Fail: OOOPS DIDNT SEE YOU EDIT

It is just like in real skating how you see the skaters sort of bobbing in the transitions

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Would like a video and some sense of how much game there is to this. Is it a "fun for 20 minutes and then I'm done" type of game or is there something to keep me coming back?

12. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is a really good game but I don't love it as much as everyone else seems to. The tilting still throws me off, maybe if I get the hang of that I will like it better.

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Actually, that's the one consistent (minor) flaw that I was able to find. I still find myself spinning unintentionally even after some time playing. I almost wish there was an option for spin buttons on screen, but not sure how intuitive that would be. Perhaps if nothing else the tilt sensitivity could be toned down or allowed for the user to adjust themselves.

14. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Wow, I'm loving this game. What a nice surprise - this game came out of nowhere!

15. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    well i bought it , and im surprised as well. gameplay is fun!

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  17. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    #37 tonydeli7, Jan 14, 2011
    Fully agree! :D

**At last 100% and TOP 3 on Countdown... :p

18. roman169

roman169 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Thailand
    Not a big fan of skateboard games - bought it cause of the positive comments here - well done - GREAT game - you cant go wrong for 0,99

19. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Are there missions at all? Or is it just 'try and unlock everything' ?

20. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Fan-fricking-tastic. Load of fun.