Universal Plants vs. Zombies 2 - (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I am quickly seeing how scandals are able to manifest so easily...

Why not wait until we get some feedback, or better yet, actually PLAY the game before spouting at the mouth like we know what we're talking about...

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Just so happens you're on the fewer folks who didnt like PVZ. Hell, even my mom surprised me when i visited them one day and she was letting us eat lunch ahead because she was glued to the PC, addicted to PVZ.

3. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Is it just me or are the bucket zombies tougher? It wasn't too freemium until I noticed this...this game just gets worse and worse. I will wait till worldwide to fully judge this, and those who don't have it should too, but this is just annoying. One of my favorite iOS games ever, ruined.

4. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012

Same here, I thought it was extremely slow. And also the idea of the masses liking it turned me off. I mean sometimes the masses have good taste (Temple Run) but this game just turned me off, the song at the end was the nail in the coffin.

The concept itself is actually pretty neat, so I might check out the sequel if it works on my 3GS that is.

5. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    We ALL know why the soft launch. This is RR3 all over again. They will ruin this game, trust me.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    After 30 minutes of play the game seems pretty solid itself. No timers or anything ridiculous. Not sure how hard it gets later. I do hate the fact that some plants need to be bought, but it looks like the rest of the game is good length and is still fun.

I liked the old art a lot better but this one has cool animations for the plants that make them seem livelier. Still, I wish they had the original artist :\

7. [In Sir David Attenborough voice] And we see here the wild freemium hater in it's local habitat. It seems that is feeding time for the group and it seems to be a very enjoyable meal. Now if you look to the left, you can see the natural enemy of the freemium hater, the common sense folk. Oh dear, it seems that they have started a fight. Let us watch as they engang in natural combat [in Sir David Attenborough voice]

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Argh it's not retina on the ipad!

9. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    - Terrible graphics, they don't even look retina, and looks like doodles instead of the really high quality sprites in PvZ1
    - Freemium model: no longer a pure strategy game. It's now only 50% strategy and 50% pay-to-win

Never thought PvZ would go down this route as well... from one of the best casual games ever to getting tainted with second-rate graphics and freemium crap.

And I don't think it's going to be released in US until late summer? It's a soft launch in Australia only. Why does the first post say it'll be released in US in a few hours?

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    This just makes me breathe a huge sigh of relief that we narrowly, NARROWLY avoided having Kingdom Rush 2 ruined. Its like PvZ and KR were side by side while freemium lasers shoot all around them. KR got grazed but powered on through, but PvZ...suffered a direct hit. KR looked back in horror as his fallen comrade drew his last breath..."Carry on without me.." he said as he fell to the ground, lifeless.

11. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Repeat - nothing must be bought, all is unlockable in the game.

i'm on level 7 and enjoying it

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    So all the plants are unlock able without IAP or a crazy IAP pay wall that will take months/years to grind through?

I'm genuinely asking.

13. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    I too am on level 7, but I don't see how to unlock the other plants without real money...

14. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    According to the quote from the popcap guy - on the front page of TA yes.

How to unlock the gates - no idea, i suggest we just play, and see what happens.

15. MDavis360

MDavis360 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    How can you be certain of that? I'm right around where you are and I don't see any sign of being able to unlock those plants without paying. For some of the gates, you can "unlock now!" by paying-but the plants just have the cost-no hint of "Unlock Early!"

16. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    #56 Shyft, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Did you guys know pvz2 is a secret illuminati plot to take over the world? It also is the reason why people die, and why bad things happen to good people.

Or we could all just wait til the final release of it and people have gotten some play time on it before we pass judgment and grab our pitchforks and torches.
    Although I am sharpening my pitchfork just in case.

PS
    http://toucharcade.com/2013/07/09/plants-vs-zombies-2-soft-launches-in-australia-and-new-zealand-app-stores/
    He says right there you can unlock everything in game. Perhaps some of you should read more than just the forums? :)

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The first time you play through the first Map (Ancient Egypt) you are more or less playing straight from the first Day to the last one on the Map.

After that you have collected four Stars and are standing in front of a Star Gate that needs ten Stars to let you go through to the next Map (Pirates Seas).

Gladly the Game now let`s you replay the Days you have past so far and during it now let you earn Stars.

On the same Way you will now earn some Golden Keys and of course some bunch of Gold Coins.

With those Golden Keys you will be able to unlock the Gates and yet those other Plants.

And the Rest is History...

If someone doesn`t believe me he is free to watch the Plants vs. Zombies™ 2 Walkthrough I`m currently working on to see it with his own Eyes in the upcoming days.

18. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yep i've now found 2 keys, unlocked a gate, received a new plant and some levels.

So looking good at the moment

19. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    Ok, I get that, but I am still confused on how to unlock the pay only plants. There in the game, how do you unlock them?

20. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Why not just play the game?

In the first one, you dont have all plants on the first level!