Universal Otherworld Legends (by ChillyRoom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, Aug 18, 2020.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The iap adjustment update is out! Though now I need to decide who to buy skills for...

2. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Here is an emergent post for those who stuck at 50% loading progress from ChillyRoom's twitter.

"iOS users, if you are stuck at 50% loading progress after the update, please do NOT delete the game if you do not want to lose your progress. We are working on it and will keep you posted asap. Sorry! #OtherworldLegends "

https://twitter.com/ChillyRoom/status/1298122587428405248

3. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I know it may seems like a dumb question, but where do you use your weapon upgrade ticket?!?

4. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Ijipop likes this.
  5. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
  6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth

L.Lawliet likes this.
  7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahhhh damn it. I got to the last boss. I thought I won, then it transformed. I thought I won, it transformed. I thought I won, it transformed. Then idk wtf happened, the whole screen got bright, then it one shotted me with a big laser. Wonderful. Obviously I was and still am very mad. I figure if I beat that one, another one would appear anyways. Ugh.

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    You are almost there. You should see a line of arrows before he fires the laser.

9. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Are the skills the only permanent upgrade ?

10. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Anyone have tips on the final boss? I can get there fairly consistently with a few characters now (the knight, the archer, the mech) but can't seem to last long enough to beat him. He just hits you in so many ways.

11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Since you are able to get to the boss consistently, all I can say is remember his moves, and get a vampire teeth item for sustainability (heal on crit works as well, but not preferred)

If you can provide your skill setup, then I maybe able to provide more detailed tips.

12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    After beating the normal mode, you can invest on character stats.

That said, it will take quite some amount of white gems to get something meaningful though (0.1% per 100, except the first 10 upgrade points).
    Attached is after investing about 10k white gems.

Attached Files:

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #73 L.Lawliet, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    I was pretty depressed and decided to buy all the heroes. Tried everyone but Peddler.

Knight - The worst imo. He requires the most skill to play and plays the most differently from every other character. Having no dodge is a huge gimp and the shield only works one way and locks you into moving one direction. It's really hard to adjust to this playstyle. He has more health but enemies can destroy you easily if you aren't dodging. China in particular can combo you to death - shield won't save you if you're fighting 1 v 3+ against the fastest attacking enemies in the game. I had so much trouble on the easiest boss (The horseman) because he can't dodge roll and he attacks too slow so running back and fourth just to hit once got me stunned multiple times. I'm sure you can win but it's the most difficult. I probably won't play the Knight again unless I get really bored.

Mechanic - She's awesome and I love her after buying her alt helicopter skill. She takes some practice but I find having allies helps me get the furthest the most. Unfortunately my great build got wrecked yet again in China. 1 v 1 is fine but 1 v 3+ is riciculous. She can't fight long range female warriors who run super fast, attack constantly and stun lock her. She relies on her teammates so the female warriors spammed long range attacks until all the team mates were dead then I was useless in the corner with no build parts. I used my revive in that room and still lost.

I can get to the last boss area more consistently if I avoid the China area. I feel like that area needs to be nerfed. It might even be harder than the last boss. I could've beaten the last boss each time but my revive was used in the China area. It's really unfortunate imo that China area is so ridiculously hard compared to the other areas. You can see how hard it is because each room has only 1-2 enemies because of how strong EACH enemy is. Then you get to the room with 3+ enemies and it's ridiculous. Even the China boss I only got to once and needed a revive + the best equips to beat him. Too fast and too strong and worse than the last boss imo (aside from the last boss constantly reviving).

I consider a lucky run when you don't encounter China at all. I would pick skipping China over good items. Unfortunately when I do get to skip China, I'm using an experimental build / new character so I don't have what I want. The chance to skip that particular 1 of the 4 areas is very low.

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Regarding enemies in China, you need to use skills with invulnerability or dodge. They hit a lot, but their damage is low. If you just attack, then the area becomes hard.

The knight requires a totally different mind set, especially against bosses. You cannot dodge, but you are invulnerable as long as you are facing the enemy. Keep your back toward a wall.

Ijipop likes this.
  15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I also believe the game needs some balance changes. I have the initial kung-fu girl i am level 10 now and have not even reached the final boss. I do not even want to imagine what happens later. It is getting really frustrating at some point. The problem with this game unlike other rogue-lite games is when you finish a run you can not have a permanent upgrade apart from the 3 skills you can unlock. Still most of them are useless unless you are extremely lucky and make a strong build during a run.I was thinking about buying new heroes but now i do not want to spend money in something that will make me feel dissapointed. I love rogue-lite games but this one is most probably not for me.

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    There actually is a permanent upgrade system. You need to beat the normal mode once to access it.

If you’ve reached lvl10 and haven’t seen a boss once, then indeed this game maybe not for you.

sakara214ever and zeroex like this.
  17. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Archer I use her level 7 skill primarily (w/3 piercing arrows) and leprechaun secondary
    Knight I use his second skill primary w/50% damage reduction and St. Michael secondary
    Oil I use mecha with reduced cost/cooldown and helicopter secondary

18. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    The kung fu girl I found difficult and is my least liked character. I'd say try out some of the others. I wish the game gave u like a limited free trial of each character

sakara214ever likes this.
  19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Lol i read your comment above. That is really good to know but i can not even get to the final boss let alone beat it :(

20. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Since you can get to the boss, I will just focus on the boss.

If you didn’t know, you can switch your primary skill itself and styles from the inventory menu. I will suggest which skill works the best.

Archer
    When fighting a boss, switch your primary skill style from style 2 to style 1, since you don’t need the piercing trait against bosses. This would give you far more dps = less time dodging.

I am assuming you are struggling with his second form. Just keep dodging his teleport punch until he uses the vacuum -> slash attack. Even if you get sucked in front of him, you should have enough time to dodge his slash attack. Attack him before he goes back to teleport punch... repeat.

As of the final phase, just watch out for 3 light balls from the above. If you see the marker, just dodge.

Knight
    Shield style 3 for the primary. Just turtle and shield bash. You can even withstand the laser with the shield.

Oli
    I can’t really comment on this one, since mech alone should be enough to kill the boss. Just keep rolling and focus on surviving while the mini mech gets you enough screws?

Lull4by likes this.