Universal Otherworld Legends (by ChillyRoom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, Aug 18, 2020.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Going to wait until the IAP situation is sorted before I put too much effort into this. What I played was fun though.

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    The art with so many female characters showing off large breasts and bare midriffs is a bit much for me.

3. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    If you leave the game you lose a run? Can there please be s “save & quit” so that doesn’t happen? Then when entering the fight you are prompted to continue or start new.

4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If you leave and come back shortly (I don’t know how long) you can just progress from exactly where you left off.

Otherwise, the game will prompt you to continue the game, which puts you back to the beginning of the floor with your progress on the floor reset (each floor takes about 2 mins.)

5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Indeed I have. It was all by accident how I unlocked him though.

I agree that he is a powerful character. Skills have good combination of fire power, movement and defensive utility.
    I am still trying to figure out what combination of skills fits me.

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #46 Jstorm, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh that's crazy! I always avoided hitting him because I saw the prices would go up. No idea that would happen. This game is getting pricey though with all these characters. Reminds me of Kingdom Rush's characters except there's less to unlock here since at the moment, nearly everything costs real money. Also getting blue gems is quite hard (you have to clear a lot of stages to get a decent amount). So I can't really experiment with builds since I don't want to waste the little blue gems I've accumulated.

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Each character plays so differently, and equally satisfying.

Regarding the blue gems, you should get enough by converting white gems into blue gems.

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#49 Anotherkellydown, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Should I be saving the ingredients or just sell them at the shop?

Edit: Now I’m understanding more how the bar works. If you have the right ingredients and spirits, the picture of the drink turns into a brighter color. So it’s best to save them for a really good concoction.

I see you can only have one drink in effect for each run. The one I made gave me a 0.1% speed increase which isn’t much. Is there anything more to know about the bar? Like, is there a way to drink more than one (drink responsibly, I know) before a run?

I got to the first boss and got obliterated. There’s a lot to this game. I love the fluid controls; some of the better on-screen controls in recent memory. Seems like a great roguelite. Looking forward to the update that tweaks the IAP.

10. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    If i just close the app it asks to continue when you turn the game back on. If you choose to leave a run you lose where you were. So, right now just close the app.

11. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thanks i was wondering how the skills work :)

Jstorm likes this.
  12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Do you... prefer small assets?

Ijipop and stubbieoz like this.
  13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    There are some very effective drinks like 20% damage reduction. I don’t see the point using them on normal though.

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Here is some note on the weapon smith shop and the Item merge shrine.

After defeating the 2nd boss, you may encounter weapon smith shops and item merge shrines.

There are two person in a weapon smith shop, a girl and a guy. They can buff/modify your weapon in exchange of white gems.

The girl can install additional item effect slot and a random item effect to your weapon, and some stat boost (called infuse). The more slots the current weapon has, the lower the success rate. Failing to adding a slot will still consider the weapon infused (shown as a hammer marked on your weapon).

The guy can swap item effects on your weapon with that of items you have in your backpack. Again, the more slots your weapon has, the lower the chance. Failed attempt will result in the loss of the item, but not the weapon.

Note that infused weapon cannot be modified by the guy, so if you want to both infuse and modify your weapon, first have your weapon modified by the guy, and then have the girl infuse. The success rate can be boosted slightly by spending the weapon voucher.

Item merge shrines can be used to merge 3 items to craft random items, or a specific item if you merge items specified in the receipt. The receipt can be found as a book icon on the upper left of the merge shrine menu. Some receipt requires 2 items + any item (shown as a dice).
    Randomly crafted items are... kinda meh.

15. Ashe tyr

Ashe tyr New Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Really love the kung ku girl qian's movesets. pairing her with a mushroom or the world get smalI really adds heft to her range with her aoe tiger skills and back slam move.

time to head to epic next.

Attached Files:

Jstorm likes this.
  16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #56 L.Lawliet, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    How do you convert white to blue? I only see the gem decomposer does blue / red. I accidentally used it and lost some blue gems...

Edit nvm I see. It's actually in the IAP shop. That's a weird place to put it. This definitely makes things easier. I've been saving up my white gems.

I'm debating who to buy next. I only bought the Archer. She was fun but imo, the starter brawler is much better. I got the furthest with the Archer only with amazing luck and amazing item combos + legendary weapon. I'm still upset I was so close to beating the game. Getting that again seems impossible and she gets wrecked really easily with the enemies from China. I'm only using all starter skills since I haven't spent money on anything else.

17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Indeed it is a weird place.
    Did you try Ginzo? He can be purchased with white. Too squishy for me though. Requires a lot of dodge cancel and reflex.

If you like a brawler, Peddler is also a fun brawler, and strong with non-IAP skills.

The knight and the engineer are fun but requires a lot of getting used to due to their unique mechanics.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh yeah Ginzo I'm up and down about. I like his range on his skill but yes, he's too squishy. Pretty much China is my "test" point where I see how strong these characters truly are. Ginzo got ganged up pretty hard there since enemies are too fast for him + his skill makes him freeze up for a second. Though to be fair my brawler girl got demolished here as well once she had to fight multiple enemies at once in the floor advance node.

Peddler looks great but his first skill drains life so I'm a bit concerned about that part. Him being a secret character is awesome so I'm tempted.

The Knight I can't tell if I'd like him. No dodge and with a skill that buffs supports (which depends on the shop availability) sounds iffy. The Mechanic looks cool but seeing how you need to collect parts to use her awesome skills does sound a bit rough but maybe it's not that bad in practice. Her costing the most (along with Peddler) leaves me to believe she's supposed to be rather strong.

I guess those are my opinions but seems like I'm leaning towards Peddler.

Jstorm likes this.
  19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Tried the hard for the first time and beaten it. Hard mode adds a type of enemy for each area, increased enemy numbers, and seems to have more higher health enemies. Bosses seems to be the same?

Attached Files:

20. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Knight might be my new favorite character. He hits hard and is ridiculously tanky.

L.Lawliet likes this.