Universal Ocmo (By Team Ocmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 15, 2017.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I completely agree and know others who also thought the controls were awful. To me it just feels like the controls were made to artificially increase the difficulty.

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    We might have different opinions on the game / ease of controls, but tbf we should be able to agree on whether or not swiping plays any part in it. Which was one of the main things you said you were finding difficult.

Perhaps you mis-spoke / meant something else, but if you are criticising a game with no swipe controls on the basis of your difficulty with swiping then... I’m a bit lost as to where opinion comes in.

Or I might’ve missed the swipes. Obvs. If I have done, I’d love to know what they do - I can’t find them in the tutorial. As mentioned.

Edit:

3. Ocmo

Ocmo New Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Ocmo Controls

Developer here.
    There are no virtual buttons in Ocmo. Here is a videoclip that hopefully explain the control schematic better:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIN0pNRDDuo

Release = Tap
    Jump = Tap
    Grab = Tap (location)
    Pull = Press
    Walk = Press (location)
    Brake = Press (location)

4. Ocmo

Ocmo New Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Developer Here. Sorry to be a bit late to the party.
    There are no swipe controls to the game. Just tap and press.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Just returning here to say I’m bewildered by the lack of coverage / interest here, tbh. Steam release, well reviewed, tremendous physics-based rag doll speed run game.

And... almost nothing?

This is one of very few games to have complete hooked me this year. Outstanding effort, dev. I hope you’re doing better than this thread / TA’s lack of coverage suggests.

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    We have covered it: http://toucharcade.com/2017/11/02/ocmo-release-date/

http://toucharcade.com/2017/11/15/best-new-iphone-and-ipad-games-november-16/

A review is all that's left but we just don't have the bandwidth to review every game that comes out, even the very good ones. It may happen but it's up to our writers' availability.

7. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I just checked out a couple videos on this game. I've been interested in it since the article posted. Probably going to get it on payday. I just hope I get used to the controls alright. Looks amazing and brutal.

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Not bad for a game with “awful” controls.

[​IMG]

9. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the very first (and a limited, obviously) time!! Very recommended!