Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Downloading now,anyone wanna play multiplayer with me when it's done installing?

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #642 Rip73, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    Have to say, Eric Ford wrote a very accurate review of the game on the front page.
    I think he got the atmosphere and attention to detail of the game spot on.
    Plus a very deserving four stars. Nice to see a review that gets the game, so well done Eric Ford basically.
    And Foursaken Media of course and their own Eric.
    http://toucharcade.com/2012/11/19/n-y-zombies-2-review/

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Agree with TA here

4. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Decided to give this game a second chance after the recent update. Improved controls made it more playable and accessible. Good job to the devs for taking notes based on our comments. NYZ2 is going to be a mainstay on my iPad :)

5. CJL001

CJL001 Active Member

Jan 25, 2012
    CA
    Game Center: CJL_001
    If anyone wants to play co-op...

6. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #646 shoi, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    I wanted to like this game and for 2$ got some fun but once you've been after the brooklyn bridge II, even the side missions are starting to be overwhelming(the subway pissed me off so much that I didn't try it again).

I wonder if it's because I am using the aim controls. I feel the number of zombies should be decreased when using this control scheme.

In the end,I had more fun with Dead Trigger (the last version offers a longer story mode, side missions, arenas, a slot machine-which is more fun than I would have thought at first lol- for FREE and the grinding is not different from this game) so I guess it's a matter of taste (If I liked co-op, which DT does not offer, perhaps I would have liked it more).

If the following points were solved, it might offer a better experience:

- less zombies,especially when using aim controls

This is the main reason why the game is just not fun

- more gold per mission

it's 5 gold per mission and gold base weapons start all at 100 so 20 side missions to get one
    (didn't buy any so I don't know if you can upgrade them)
    if you want to max out your weapons, you will need from 15 to 50 gold plus $...

- you need to succeed your missions to get something

unless you unlock one of the survivor skill that allows you to loot zombies you've killed(1$ per head?), if you fail a mission you will get nothing at all.

- a way to skip side missions

I really dislike the scavenger, and to some lesser extend the find medic missions.

- a radar with wider range

it is so small, it is meaningless

- one slot for items other than weapons

- fix the background reset

In the end, I really think this game promotes use of IAP and the grinding is not fun(at least, in Dead Trigger head shots are fun and use of ragdol makes it nicer than NYZII that has not so good graphics)

STP gave it a 2, TA gave it a 4.
    I will let my rating to 3 because for the price I had some fun but could not recommend it.

PS: I really HATE IAP so it does not help my rating and I am pretty sure this game should have been either free with IAP or 6$ without IAP.

7. njstone9

njstone9 New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Suggestion

Hello,

I've completed the game on all three difficulty modes. (For those of you who are struggling, you need to run around a lot on some of the levels or find places to "hide" where zombies can only approach from a few directions.)

I don't know if it is a bug but I can't replay any levels once I have completed them. I know I can still do the side missions but I'd like to be able to replay levels. For example, I really enjoy the Brooklyn Bridge 2 level, but once I have finished it, I can't do it again.

I think it would be a good idea to make missions replayable. Let's say that if you have completed it you can't use it to get any money/gold/skill points - you can just play for fun.

One other point - in the original Zombies game the rifle was an awesome weapon. However now it's reload time (about 3 seconds?) between shots coupled with the fact that the zombies move quite fast means it's practically useless on "Help from Above" missions because the survivor gets very quickly surrounded by zombies because you simply can't kill them fast enough with that weapon.

Having said that, this is an excellent game and I appreciate the effort that has gone into it, plus the effort to improve things by responding to users' feedback.

Any thoughts/responses from the developers?

8. redcoat

redcoat Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    student
    las vegas
    Would be cool to add different endings based on what difficult you played

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I found the rifle to be the weapon I had on every mission. With that weapon fully upgraded, you get 5 shots and its basically a one shot kill gun. On help from above missions it's prob the most important weapon to take out larger enemies quickly. And during its reload have some grenades handy. Launch it right at the survivor and clear his area. But to me the rifle was my go to weapon. And also shotgun. Which is useless during help from above.

10. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This is what makes this game so awesome. There's not one way to beat the game. And what works for one person will not for another.

11. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Make an add on campaign? Maybe follow other survivors?

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This!

13. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey guys, next update should be coming soon....

What's new:
    • player will no longer get stuck on enemies and can "push" their way through crowds
    • major performance boosts and optimizations
    • fixed a saving bug
    • improved zombie pathing
    • miscellaneous optimizations
    • added a new weapon: Winchester Special
    • added a new weapon: Tommy Gun (drum-type)

I think there's some more stuff that will make it in the update as well - perhaps a few graphical tweaks, but I'll have to double check on that one.

14. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Any chance of a smaller size ?:)

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    All sounds cool. Thanks.

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sweet! :D

17. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Any tips on my room 2??? Don't know what wepons I should use

18. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I would definitely suggest going heavy melee on that level... It was much easier when I went with riot shield, bat, .50 cal, and maybe shotgun after that.

19. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Any chance of a smaller filesize:)

20. njstone9

njstone9 New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I've found two more bugs:

On the bridge side mission, you can only walk along the side of the bridge. However, you can walk off the bridge and walk on thin air! Try it!

On the Coney Island side mission no zombies appear.

Plus the rocket launcher damages survivors. Well, instantly kills them. Unlike grenades.

Nick