Monster Trucks Nitro

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by brighteyes74, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Yeah, but maybe the devs should wait until their apps are approved and listed in the Store before running around trying to hype them. That way they're able to advertise a release date that they KNOW they can meet.

2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I think you have to look at like software in the world outside of iTunes. There is a lot of marketing that needs to take place to build awareness beforehand to boost sales. And delivery dates slip all the time. Is it right? Of course not, but you still need to do the groundwork prior to launch. With iTunes, you're talking about an even shorter timeframe to sales because of the accelerated product lifecycle.

3. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand the reasoning, I really do. It's just irritating to constantly see stuff like 'look for it in a few days' and then a week later still no sign of the app.

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Believe me, I understand where you coming from. It's annoying when you're waiting and waiting, and it still doesn't show up. On the other hand, you may want to check out G.I. Joyride which is apparently coming out tonight if you can believe it and will tie you over until MTN shows up. :)

5. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I know what you mean - that can be pretty annoying. But as Big Albie says, this all part of the process of trying to sell the game to the biggest amount of people. What I don't like though is why devs decide to say it will be "couple of days" or "Submitted today". As far as I understand it, devs are given the option to delay release to a specific date once the app is approved so why not launch on a set date that you could advertise rather than some random date of apple's choosing?

Anyway, this game looks quite cool, just not sure about the 360 degree rotation thing.

6. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Agreed. I hope it's optional!

7. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    it should be:D

8. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Any updates on this one?

9. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    hope its out soon
    ;)

10. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I wonder if this'll be more like the online version or the downloadable version...

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
  12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I don't have the info, sorry Donkei, but I can't wait to pick this up it'll be a perfect companion to play back to back with a recent pick-up G.I. Joyride. Hurry up Apple!

13. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I wonder if the gameplay will be more like the online version or the downloadable version...

14. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    #34 don_k, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
  15. mrcc

mrcc Well-Known Member

that would be cool game to be added to ipod touch. i would be doing back flips. double back flips. and triple back flips. ridding just like travis pastrana.

16. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Over a week now. What's the damn holdup?

17. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Apple or a last min fix

18. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

Must be. But some communication would be nice.

19. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    All the website says is that the game will be available in a few days ( which it has said for about a week now), and a link that will work when the app is up and running. No news, no info on the holdup, nothing.

20. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    yea............. talk about it