Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Impressions

Impressions Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Bosses are IAP only.

I agree the game itself is good, but to call this bug ridden game a "very good port" is simply setting the bar too low for future ports.

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Too bad its IAP only,would have preferred them to be unlocked through some achievement..

Anyway on my point of view,based on my experience with the game I encountered only 2 bugs..One was the dialogue to npc bug which is well known and can be remedied by just tapping the node instead of the character..The second was the time-stamp bug of the save file that gives it a very high value of the over all play-time..So far I have not encountered a crash,frame rate drop or glitch on the assets..

Did I find the interface of the game touch friendly and natural for my device??Why,yes I do..Did the control seem accurate and responsive??Yes I do..Was the visual presentation and over-all look done well or pleasing to my eye..The answer is yes on both counts..Did the two bugs hindered my playing experience,annoy me or stop me from finishing the game??Well that would be a no..Did I find the loading times too long??That would be a no aswell..So I would call it a very good port indeed(i'll call it what ever I want too for that matter,as it is my right)..

I never said it was a perfect port like bastion or some other games that seem flawless..Keeping in mind that even the high rated triple A games come out in its initial release with a lot of bugs and glitches that are sometimes if not often game derailing..

Well these are my thoughts on the matter playing on campaign and quick battle modes..For where it counts the most,the game delivered in my opinion..I cannot speak for the multi-player other areas since I haven't tried it yet..

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I was waiting for an update, but since the devs don't even show their faces in here, I'll ask for a refund. This buggy mess sholdn't be released. Half baked port.

4. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    *cough*

*waves hand*

Hi Heringer! An update is coming soon...

P

5. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I stand corrected then. Will wait for the update.

6. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Game is great. Thanks for bringing it to ios.

7. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    En espera de la actualización aún! :/

8. vesp67

vesp67 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I was liking the game until it randomly deleted my saved game.... Now I have to start all over from the begining of the campaign again...

9. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Clash of Heroes_some solutions

Hello guys,

Sorry, it took me a few days to answer your questions and gather all information. There are some bugs reported here and there on this forum. While some of them are to be fixed, some others are not bugs. But let’s have a look together.

If you cannot properly download or launch the game as it crashes instantly or keep loading for a long time, it is most likely a memory capacity problem of your device. To optimize it you need to close all running games and applications. Give it a try!

To start, next game update will fix following issues:

- Timer Bug: The number of hours displayed in the Solo campaign was broken
    - Design issue: In Solo Campaign, players had 3 turns (instead of 2) when being the 1st to play
    - Freeze at launch: It was not possible to run the game when having a low connection (for instance 2G)
    - Localization fixes
    - Syncing iCloud: The game was stuck on Syncing iCloud for some players. Some modifications within the source code have been made. These modifications should fix the issue. We hope that this fix will solve the issue but it is a shot in the dark as we can’t reproduce the issue on our side.
    - “Curse Shield” artifact: the Wall strength of opponent remained unaffected whereas strength of user’s walls are reduced by 50%.
    - In-App Purchase : Improper number of Artifacts unlocked on purchase of Full Battle Modes Upgrade (50 instead of 55).
    - Visual Glitch: Images of Boss characters were not visible on screen for Player 1 in battle modes.
    - Artifacts: User was unable to equip Artifacts received in Online Mode.
    - Crash: Games crashes when user invokes unit stat sheet while progressing in any Boss Battle.

Some of you are also wondering why the dev team made a choice of “landscape” rather than “portrait” design. Here is an answer from the TAG GAMES dev team:

“The recommended touch areas for apple devices are 44 pixels for non-retina devices and 88 for retina devices. In a portrait mode we need to fit 8 columns of units across the screen. The maths do not work as a screen width in portrait is only 320 pixels. This would mean that if units had no space between them, and no borders and no GUI they could be 40 pixels wide.
    As a conclusion, Landscape allowed larger units making them easier to select.
    We created landscape and portrait prototypes of the game and after playtesting with Ubisoft landscape was chosen as the best way forward. The portrait prototype needed scrolling to see all your units at a usable hitbox size.
    Otherwise, all the backgrounds and node data is set up for a landscape view. Having adventure mode in portrait would have meant that those nodes would not have worked and the backgrounds and node data would have to be adjusted.
    So we went for Landscape for those reasons:
    - That’s the solution which offers the larger hitboxes to move units
    - Implementing the portrait display for Battles would have forced players to switch from portrait to landscape every time they start or complete a battle.”​

We will keep monitoring your feedback and supply further technical support of the game. Not to forget Android version :)!

And if you would like to give your support to the game, please, post your note for the game http://mightandmagic.com/clashofheroesios/ !

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks for your input Ubi_Irina.

Personally I'm not having ANY issue whatsoever besides the wrong timestamp (knock on wood...reading the forum I must be the only one in the world) and I'm having a total blast with the game (world 3 now, after having 100% completed the first 2).
    Game plays wonderfully on iPad 3 (occasionally I take my MP turns on iPhone or play some puzzles, but on iPad it truly shines).

Actually...now that I think about it, I have one problem occasionally.
    Crash on accepting a MP invite...so with my friends we have to usually send multiple invites to have one working.
    As you start a game, no problem whatsoever...so maybe TAG would like to look into that too.

Great game anyway.

11. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Find it hard to believe they can't reproduce the stuck on iCloud sync.......sounds like they are making the most minor of fixes and everything else requires too much effort to fix so it won't be fixed.

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I thought that you can unlock everything for multiplayer when playing the single player campaign - at least the Ubisoft forums say so. Now somwone said that the bosses are available through IAP only. What is right?

Game also constantly crashes on my iP5 when starting multiplayer and chosing a friend in GC. As soon as the battle starts, the game crashes every time...
    Any solution?

13. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Bosses are only iap you have to pay the one for 7.99 I think it is.

14. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Nothing about all the online multiplayer crash/bug's?. For me, the online multiplayer is the most important thing on this game :/

15. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    You ever notice how smaller developers will get right on fixing bugs and not put out spin. I sincerely hope this game makes enough money so ubisoft will put the resources towards patching it. I doubt they will, they don't do it for pc games so why would ios be any different. It's a ubisoft staple they have been doing for many years, so don't get your hopes up they will do anything other than very minimal support.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's great to see a representative of Ubisoft reading and replying to posts in the TA forums. Thanks!

The most commonly discussed issue with the iPhone version of Clash of Heroes doesn't seem to be the iCloud sync issues or the timestamp bug, though, but control and UI issues. Many find it hard to actually select and place units, and a some reviews (among them, Touch Arcade's own) seem to at least partially mirror these sentiments.

Is there any hope for a control/partial interface overhaul?

17. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    any hope for a control/partial interface overhaul?

Are you playing on an iPad? The iPhone is too small for games like this.

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Another bug I've noticed is, if I'm playing my turn in a multiplayer game and get a notification that a player has moved in a different game and do I want to switch, after I close the window, denying it, I'm unable to delete units.

Also, and this isn't a bug as more as just cheating but if you are playing your turn and don't like your moves, if you close the app before your final move your able to replay the turn.

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Odd that I've played this game a fair amount and never got stuck on the "Syncing iCloud" screen until yesterday. So I guess the only way around it is to go into airplane mode? (That seemed to work for me...of course, you then don't have an iCloud backup)

Playing the iPhone version, I've had virtually no issues compared when I see how many have complained about various things here. I really love the game and have gotten used to the UI even on my small 3GS screen.

I should mention I haven't played multiplayer so not sure if I'd have any issues there.

20. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Some fix for the map would also be nice. At least some better controls. I'm tapping everywhere like a mad man to pick up some gold.