Mfi Controller - Twin Stick Shooters

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by escapedturkey, Sep 20, 2015.

1. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I almost exclusively play twin stick shooters on my iPhone and iPad. Can you recommend a good MFI controller?

One of the reasons I use my iPhone/iPad combination so much for working is ease of access and portability. Many controllers seem less portable than the actual phone/tablet devices themselves.

The only controller that seems as close to being as portable as the phone/tablet is the SteelSeries Stratus. Will it work with games like Inferno 2, Xenowerk, and Space Marshals? Is there a better recommendation?

Thank you! :cool:

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Portability-wise i think nothing defeats the small size of the Stratus right now. Most of the controllers have the "legs" which rest on the middle of the palm of our hands which make them a bit bulkier than the Stratus's old nintendo-ish design.

Stratus works fine with those game you mentioned. Take note that with Afterpad.com's (this site is owned and maintained by one of the TA regulars, and ou should check it out) reviews MFi controllers generally have fantastic analog sticks. The general flaw of these MFi controllers are the dpads, and i think the only one he recommended that had a good dpad is the Horipad, while everything else is a bit clunky.

3. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011