Universal Mekorama (by Martin Magni)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sash-O, May 14, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Awesome! Just awesome! Really Awesome!

2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    The subreddit under "Mekorama" doesn't have any meaningful content regarding sharing QC's. Just a couple comments. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Here is another level people hope someone likes it, it's called Wall-B.

Attached Files:

4. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

This is just fantastic. From the actual game to the level editor, simply fantastic. Refreshing pay model too, more than happy to pay to play this.

Also had a go at my first level so don't expect too much of a challenge!
    [​IMG]

The best new game I've played in a long, long time. Great job Martin.

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Great level, you are a designer yourself right, because it shows.

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I found the old TA forum for Mekorama useful with a ton of levels. Not sure if some were incomplete or being worked on still but they seemed to be able to get uploaded into the game ok.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, the Upcoming thread has a lot of levels in it. Here's the link for anyone who wants it.

Nearly everything I've created is in there. I'm still going to spam a few of them out via Twitter/this thread, as they're pretty hidden there, and planning to make more at some point.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #108 mr_bez, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    I don't get why there hasn't been an official TA 'Out Now' article about this release yet. Are they confused because it released at the weekend? Did Martin do something to upset Eli?

Edit: guess it just took a while as it's tough to say so many positive things without sounding like you're repeating yourself. :)

9. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
    Article is up

http://toucharcade.com/2016/05/16/mekorama-out-now/

10. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    #110 TheGreatEscaper, May 17, 2016
    Wow, lots of cool levels here!
    Top Field is a nice pathfinding level, very creative layout.
    First side of Wall-B was fun, I keep falling off the other side xD
    Patience was a really cool concept! It did take a bit of patience though :)
    Let's Go was a fun obstacle course, good use of the moving parts!
    Darkport City wasn't difficult but it certainly looked AMAZING!!!!

I might have missed a few or skipped some which I've played in the upcoming forum, sorry if I missed yours!

I'm working on a level called 'Impuzzible' which aims to be the longest Mekorama level made so far... So far I've got two puzzle layouts installed in the level, one of the puzzles has to be traversed twice in different ways and the other one has to be traversed four times in different ways!

11. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Dude! I'm stuck with one of your level... This game is beyond my expectation for an iOS game so far!

12. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Great game, easily worth my £2. Can't believe how tiny the program is considering the quality. Excellent projects of growth with the level creation and download ability. A Web interface to create the levels on you PC would be welcome. Top game.

13. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    My second level. It's a stinker. It has a clear goal and there are at least four different ways to solve it, but you are likely to get frustrated (hence the name).

Attached Files:

14. That's actually not the reason why I made it decentralized. Mostly it's a way to keep cost down, which enables me to have a generous payment model.

But I'm starting to think you're right. I already have > 100k players and very few seem to find the "official" level sharing page on Facebook.

There is not. I'd argue that the possibility of making hidden areas inside structures is very useful for level design.

Busted! ;)

You're right. Facebook page is pretty dead too. I guess this thread, the old thread, and Twitter are most active right now.

Looking forward to it!

For those who don't know, Level 32: The Cube is basically a clone of a level by TheGreatEscaper, which is why he's in the game's credits :)

Solved it, no thanks to Red bot :p

15. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    #115 TheGreatEscaper, May 17, 2016
    IMPUZZIBLE is here!!!
    There are four sections for you to brave: the Three Plank Shuffle, Gridlock, the Flagpole, and the Turbine. You're going to have to explore each section at least twice to reach the end...

No dodgy moves please! (E.g. Directing your bot to a movable tile and then quickly moving it away to make him fall.) There are no steps which require timing in this level.

[​IMG]
    Click here if the image doesn't load

Since it's quite a daunting level I'll split it up into the four sections so people can also enjoy it in bite sized chunks :)

Edit: forgot to mention, free camera is a MUST for this level!

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Already a big thanks to all level creators (i'm too lazy/no time to do so) and thanks to Martin for such a fabulous great game. Lol, a dollar per MB 1.5 makes it the most expensive game, somehow. Very well deserved!

17. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    #117 TheGreatEscaper, May 17, 2016
    Impuzzible split into bite sized sections :)

[​IMG]
    3 Plank Shuffle was the first puzzle idea I had for the level. I thought it would be an elegant starting puzzle. Unfortunately, due to it's size and position in the level it actually became quite clunky and is now my least favorite section of Impuzzible. It does redeem itself a little bit by actually having quite a lot to do. It was inspired by lock picking tumbler locks. The third traversal of the puzzle is my favorite.

[​IMG]
    Gridlock is my joint favorite section of Impuzzible. It was designed with the first traversal in mind so obviously that is the most difficult and interesting section of the puzzle. I spent a while tinkering to make it work on a further two levels! I was stoked to cram so much into that 4x4 puzzle area...

[​IMG]
    Flagpole is my other joint favorite section! It's not particularly difficult and you only go through it twice (with the first time being trivial) but the second traversal uses some really interesting steps that I haven't seen done before in Mekorama. When making this section I wanted to use some interesting interactions between a rotating and sliding object.

[​IMG]
    Turbine is just a fairly standard rotating thingy in the vein of my previous level, Perspective Maze. There's nothing very much interesting here, and the secondary traversal is very simple, but it works as a little transition level in Impuzzible, and I needed something a little extra to fill up the space at the back of the level.

I hope this makes the level a bit more accessible! The point of Impuzzible was to make as much puzzle in one level without too much overcrowding, and hopefully it achieved that goal. These mini sections are so you can try out each section if you don't want to go through the whole thing :) Although my favorite part about the full level is the way you go back to old sections in unexpected orders and ways which doesn't fully translate into these mini levels.

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Wow. Made it! There's so much packed in there. When I reached the Flagpole I thought I was almost done. Couldn't believe I had to go around again. I reckon it's your best level yet and that's saying something. It might even be my favourite of any level I've played, including Martin's.

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #119 sakara214ever, May 17, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Solved without The split section help! Maaan what a level! Took me 30' minutes and had to redownload game in iPad cause the level is enormous :) Well done greatescaper!!!!!

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I was at the flagpole, but had no clue further ha ha, great level Greatescaper, gonna try again sometime tomorrow, this is indeed your best level yet, couldn't do most of your other levels either ha ha, it shows that you are a puzzle box maker.