Magic Rampage - Asantee Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nobunaga, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    https://www.facebook.com/MagicRampage

If you have an android device and you don't have this, you are missing out.
    Also, coming to iOS soon. Closest thing to rogue legacy on mobile. Better than Devious Dungeon. What more can I say.
    Oh, I could say its free and has IAP structure like Solomons keep. As in, I have no idea how its going to make money and hope its a paid game on the Appstore. We'll see.

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Saw a few videos, I'll reserve judgement when I play it. Not saying it looks bad, but I dunno how to feel about it :/

3. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #3 Nobunaga, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    A healthy sceptisicm can be a good thing. I went into this with no expectations.
    I was pleasently surprised. Right now, I'm putting it up there with goblin sword as one of my top picks for a platformer on mobile.
    Tons of equipment to loot. The further you get, the more that opens up to you. Like matching items of the same element for boosts. Upgrading equipment. Special items that drastically change the appearance of your character. All items have visual changes. Some more dramatic than others. And, lastly, really decent controls.
    I'm sure someone else with an android device can give it a second opinion. Eventually you'll get to try it though. Cheers.

Edit:
    http://toucharcade.com/2015/02/24/magic-rampage-coming-to-ios/
    Glad to see someone else tried it. Thanks, Carter.
    It really is a shame it's free. Not because it detracts from the game. It's as generous with coins (the single currency) as I'd like it to be. More because people will complain or avoid it.