Universal Lums (by Hyperbolic Magnetism)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    After playing this game more, I really got into it! Very nice game. I just like the feel and look of this game. The function and variety of different Lums is cool.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lums was successfully nominated to be included in Game of the Week voting on Touch Arcade forums. Voting occurs at the link below. Developers may not vote for their own game. New user votes subject to review.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2917013

3. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    #63 lokiman, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Jan is working on new levels right now but you can imagine how challenging and time consuming it can be. But thanks to our in-game level editor one can design a level almost everywhere... even on the toilet :D

I've done some levels too but it seems that they too difficult and so they are reserved for the ultra-hard world, hehe :p

Btw which level do you find the most difficult to finish with 3 stars? For me it is something like 3-13 because of little more randomness than what you see in most other ones.

PS.: Big thanks for a nomination! We really appreciate this and are happy for all your support so far! :D

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Was just about to ask that: any chance of a level editor to make our levels and share them?

5. lokiman

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    I think that releasing a level editor is our ultimate goal but it requires serious rewrite because its code is very, how to say, ugly :D Everything is so pretty but the editor was done very quickly in the beginning of Lums development so many of its parts need additional work. It's also not very user friendly - I say it is too "hardcore" for general population. But it works and this is what people want so we will definitely think about the best way how to make it more easier to use.

It will be also a big advantage to have some kind of system which will handle sharing levels between players. If you can contribute to future level packs then it is good for us too :) Right now we can upload levels to our server and sync them to all of our devices but this system needs to be rewritten too as it is too specific and not designed for mass upload/download.

So we have quite a long road before us but I promise you that eventually everybody will be able to create his/hers own levels with the editor bundled with the game :) So the question is not IF but WHEN :)

6. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    has it been confirmed that the HD version will eventually go universal? I'm tempted it buy this but a universal future would certainly help seal the deal.

7. lokiman

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    If I remember correctly it was metalcasket who proposed an idea to turn Lums HD into an universal app but leave the iPhone version alive. That way nobody will be angry at us :D I think id soft uses this model for their Rage games and I don't know if it is working for them but it sure is a nice option for users to decide which version they want to buy.

I discussed this with Jan (split82) and we pretty much decided that the idea is indeed a good one. No release date has been confirmed yet or anything like that but we will make it happen, eventually.

8. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    The dev said he will make the game universal not sure if it will be the iPad version or both.
    Here:

9. Yes, I would recommend that too, many games like Wimp hd went this route, since it doesn't usually take all that much more memory to make an hd universal, it would be nice if possible. Especially in the future when the iphone 6 comes out. Thanks!

10. Bronxsta

Sounds awesome. Would add tons of replay value

And this is the first game in a while that made me want to get three stars on every level. And that's because it's time based or score based, but based on actual gameplay and puzzling out the correct way

I hope future levels use the "bubble" more. Some might say it makes the game too easy, but I see it as a way to incorporate more puzzle mechanics. You can use your Lum to push and prod and manipulate with more finesse, to press down on buttons or weight based puzzles, and other functions.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congratulations on a superb Silver Award review from Pocketgamer. :)

lokiman, since apparently my big mouth was able to convince you to give the HD version the universal treatment, once it's out, if any iPhone Only owners of Lums are angry at you, please send them my way for a beating. :p No, but really...Lums is just a wonderful, wonderful must-have on the App Store and offering a universal version alongside the iPhone Only version isn't a necessity, it's an amazing gift.

12. Nutrilica

Nutrilica Member

Mar 17, 2012
    I'd rather have this be popular over Angry Birds. Take those cross-eyed pieces of crap back.

13. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Just finished this beautiful game. It really deserves so much more attention than it is getting. Wonderful visuals and thoughtful gameplay due to the different Lum abilities. Give me more of this over Angry Birds any day of the week. A definite must play.

14. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
  15. lokiman

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    #75 lokiman, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Level 3-5 was originally called "Scale (Hard)" to teach the player that stone is heavier than glass... or maybe it was to practice this physics based mechanic after showing it for the first time in the level 2-6 (which is called "Scales")...

I hope it helps ;)

16. Awesome game! This game is a true gem like whirl the squirrel and baby nom nom!

17. #78 Connector, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    Lums HD

Wow! This game looks great. One thing you might want to stress is that this is not an Angry Birds like game. From the screenshots, it looks like a game based off of Angry Birds, but watching the video, it looks so different!

And I really like the polish in this game. Wow, the smoothness of the game is amazing, and I like the kind of surreal atmosphere that this game has.

If you guys ever get a chance, it would be nice to see another video with more gameplay on it. I am impressed by this game, definitely get us some more information!

[​IMG]

Yes, this is a great game, I highly recommend it! It is nothing like angry birds, it's actually closer to a platomer. But it has totally unique gameplay. That is what is refreshing about this game. Really well made with a high degree of polish!

Very highly recommended!

18. Bronxsta

Nice! A 4.5 from TA.

It's really good to see this game getting the reviews it deserves

19. lokiman

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    Wow! Big thanks for a nice review! This is just awesome :) :) :)

PS.: We are still working on those new levels. HD version was changed into universal application and it seems that all problems with that were fixed so it will be available in the next update. I know it takes some time but please be patient. Thank you :D