List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The iPad version if Tiny Bang Story came out in February. Great game, too. I would think this would be one that would be a bit hard to play on the iPhone / iPod Touch, though.

2. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I didn't realize it had already been released for the iPad. I just saw it as a new app on Appshopper.

I have happily added it to all the BFG games I just bought on sale :D

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Impossible to play on iPhone and the iPhone version that I bought (I thought it was a universal app bc it didn't show an iPad version on the side) is IMPOSSIBLE to play on the iPad although it says compatible w iPad. Total waste of $. I almost went blind trying to play. The game looks great so I was extremely dissapointed when I was forced to delete.

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That is a shame. I've played through at least part of it twice (started on the PC before I got the iPad version) and I loved it both times. It's too bad that it's so difficult to get a refund for mistakes from Apple. I really think you'd enjoy the game if you could play the iPad version.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's an interesting looking game: 100 Lights. It seems to be more of a puzzle oriented game, but visually it feels like an adventure game and it's free, so why not?

6. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I mistakenly bought the iPhone version and deleted it in frustration as well. It is unlplayable that way.

7. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    New upcoming adventure game (supposedly) from the front page:

Year Walk by Simogo.

Not sure what to make of it, but their other games are pretty well respected...

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Maybe it's better with the sound on, but just watching it I feel like I'm viewing some sort of brainwashing video.

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Makes me feel better:)

10. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    You've cracked the code-it is all an encoded message saying "Buy me! Buy me!":)

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Apparently I need an interpreter then, because all I got out of it was "ignore me, ignore me" :rolleyes:

12. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Now there is a career, Marketing Interpreter. I just need to get a new degree!

13. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I just completed Cool Quest. It definitely was a challenge for me - a couple of puzzles were really difficult at least for me. If it's still free, I totally recommend getting it. I paid .99 for it and was not dissapointed (just wish it was larger).

I am waiting for the next cryptic game to come out - cryptic kingdoms. They first said it would be in July, then August, now August/September...... I really liked cryptic caverns and thought it was very good and I liked cryptic keep as well.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Great, someone we can like even less than marketers ;)

Cool. I didn't realize there was a new Cryptic game coming out. Of course I still haven't played Cryptic Caverns yet, but it's exciting none the less.

15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Come on, it wasn't like I was going to be a Marketing Interpreter/Tax Collector/Political Candidate. I'd just be telling you what the marketing meant for spending your money (on my products, of course)...:)

16. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Is anyone playing Microids Atlantis 2? I'm stu - uck!

17. Wizardo

Wizardo Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Starving indie developer
    New Jersey!
    About to Blow Up Part 1. Free!

Hi Guys. My partner has made a really fun old-school adventure game. It's been discussed in this thread and I thought it may interest some of you to know that it is now free for a limited time!

About to Blow Up! Part 1

It also now has an in-game walk-through. If you like it, maybe you can give it a review? :)

Original TA thread

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    See, you're already learning how to put a spin on things :rolleyes:

19. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    You should definitely check out cryptic caverns. There are several puzzles in the game that are great. I think the developer Jacob Medina stands out in that his puzzle designs are original and smart. Also I think you mentioned a couple of weeks ago that you haven't yet played Lost City. That should be your next game no matter what else pops up. Lost City is in my opinion the quintessential original IOS point and click adventure. It's so smooth with great graphics, atmosphere, and pretty good puzzles to boot.

20. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Fire Maple makes awesome games, and Joe gives amazing support as a developer. His forum interaction, willingness to take suggestions, and his fantastic attitude can't be beat!