Link to AppShopper in the Review pages?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by piyo, Jul 18, 2011.

1. piyo

piyo New Member

Jul 18, 2011
  2. piyo

piyo New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Yes, that is the url. (Sorry to mislead you to thinking that I am asking for the url itself.)

I am expecting this kind of url on the review page itself, because Touch Arcade and AppShopper are "sister sites". Is this expectation incorrect?

If there is an easier way to go from a Touch Arcade review page to its corresponding AppShopper page other than using the AppShopper search function, please let me know. For example, is there a url-rewriter browser plugin that makes links to the Apple Store into AppShopper links?

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I've actually brought this up a few times! :)

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Appshopper links on TA front page would be great. There is another way to find AS links (though I guess it'll be easier to just search in appshopper compared to this)...

Most (though not all) reviews on TA have a link to the forum thread of the game. And in majority of cases, you'll find appinfo (TA plugin which automatically pulls in app description/screenshots etc) posted in the very first post of the thread. Appshopper page is linked in appinfo itself. Just click on the small appshopper icon ( [​IMG] ) on the bottom left of appinfo box. As I said, not really all that better than simply searching in appshopper :p

5. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I always liked it when the reviews had links to the forum for that game. ("The players in our forum seem to have mixed feelings about this game. [link]") It made it easier for me to instantly find impressions, etc. without having to search the forums, especially for older games.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  7. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Really good tip. Thanks. Never knew firefox had this.