Universal Kaiju Attack (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 17, 2022.

1. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Omg this is awesome. After only playing one mission I know I am going to love this. By far my favourite game store game (And love the no in app). But really this game is a blast. The tutorial was hilarious lol. But I kind of got it when I started to play. Plus because of you guys I knew I could swap from anywhere.
    So cool how the game functions. Kaiju hurts humans (which also takes your health) and humans heal you (give you health). Buildings power machines. Machines hurt Kaiju. I am looking forward to all the unlocks and different boss battles. I think I’m going to be spending a ton of time with this one.

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I have the exact same problem, the tutorial is really not good.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I mentioned that in my written review on the US App Store. Maybe if enough people say something they’ll flesh it out some more. At least here we can share strategies. That’s one reason I love these forums.

Is there anything in particular that you want to know? Or were you just reiterating others’ comments?

djstout likes this.
  4. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Ill do just, great game now that I understand how it works.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  5. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I played all levels to level 2 before to discover that you don’t have switch adjacent tiles

:D

davagorn likes this.
  6. Anotherkellydown

7. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Wow this just gets better and better. Unlocked my first, “level ability”. Which by the way works on any level you play thereafter. The one I got is amazing. Going to be a huge help with my gameplay style. Love this game. So incredible. I already hope for updates with more Kaiju!

I also love getting max level buildings and humans. They help so much as they hit for a huge number and for free. Then they provide huge health boost and energy.

I agree it could use a 2x button for animations, but it’s really not a big deal. It’s not that slow.

I do find once I unlocked all the items one seems a bit OP over all the others. And I don’t mean the one that hits for a huge number.

Lastly so far it may be a bit too easy. I have all levels at 2. One at 3 and one at 7. I think I have died a total of 3 times.

Regardless of anything game is pretty much flawless.

BlueTrin likes this.
  8. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Damn I love this game. Hard decisions ha to be made that risk and reward in this game is so addicting

BlueTrin and elcrazy like this.
  9. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    #29 elcrazy, Feb 21, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    Look at that beauty of a board!! Level 7 final battle lol. On level 6 of this Kaiju I had so much energy. This game is so good. I think my only issue now is it’s a bit easy. But it’s still a blast and super addictive.

Found a ss I took with 99 energy. Don’t even remember that. Think I took it for a different reason.

Attached Files:

10. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Game is great until the end (final final bad guy) level which is fundamentally broken..either it has not been play tested or the devs just don’t want people to complete it. Too many people spawn and the bad guys area blast (sometimes two wiping out half the screen) makes it impossible to manage.

shame on you devs

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I’m not going to pretend I’ve been on the Game Stew bandwagon. I have been with them from the start with the first couple of ToFs, but the idea of IAPs for currency in paid games has always soured me (no matter how balanced a game is or unnecessary the IAPs are). I was hesitant to pick this up, and I finally did, and boy, oh boy does this have me reconsidering my Game Stew decisions in the past. This game is nothing short of incredible. The balance between accessible and deep gameplay, the carrot dangling loop, the upgrades, the sights and sounds…even though this isn’t exactly a Match 3 per se (even though it really is), it’s hands down one of the best. Abso-effing-lute best!

12. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    I agree with all of this. I have many of the game stew games. Almost all really. But I never dive too deep. Something about the in app currency always bothered me. Still does really. Was so excited to see this one didn’t have it. For good reason too. Buying gold in this game would ruin it. Plus it’s handed out very fairly. But ya for me this is head and shoulders above anything game stew has done in the past. I do like there other games. Always had a good time with them. But this is something else. I as well almost didn’t pick this one up. But I had to try a match three where you fight Kaiju lol. So glad I did.

metalcasket and squarezero like this.
  13. Anotherkellydown

Yeah, I spent many hours on this over the weekend. I just couldn’t stop playing. One of the top games for me so far this year, and better than most from last year. I’m on level 7 in Russia and China, level 6 in Taiwan, level 5 in Japan, and all the rest I’ve completed with the exception of Bermuda which can’t be played until the others are complete. Everything meshes so well together here that it’s almost a perfect formula for game addiction.

metalcasket likes this.
  14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I’m really glad we’ve acknowledged each other after the rather messy falling out we had last year. Hopefully we’ve turned a new leaf and can start anew. One learns from their mistakes, right? Truth be told, even though you haven’t been here all that long, you kind of reinvigorated the forums with your enthusiasm, and I always enjoy your posts. Glad you decided to come back. :)

But yeah, on topic: I’d really like to know how well IAP packs in Game Stew games sell, and if this might see them venturing into more fully premium experiences in the future.

15. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Agree, game is one of GameStews better releases. Like all of their games, it includes creative and clever mechanics, but ultimately is gameplay become very grindy. Unlike others, success feels less dependent on RNG and more rewarding of tactical gameplay, less prone to rage-quit. On the other hand, It may be due to my choices but noticed big jump in difficulty as Kaijus hit level 5, almost as if game was initially intended to offer IAP. Regardless, game is a real gem and definitely worth the price.

16. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I just realized, that it’s not a match-3 game, it’s a merge game, lol.

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I like this but for some reason, like almost every other Game Stew game, I find myself losing interest in it rather quickly. But good game to play here and there I suppose.

AltsKev likes this.
  18. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I lost only one time against the last boss in all the fights against him but I use an OP setup

19. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I could finish it, wasn’t that difficult.

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I almost love this game. I like it a lot, but it immensely irks me that we’re not explicitly and obviously told what the kaiju movement patterns are.

I don’t need much, but I’d like to understand why one turn they move one tile and attack four tiles, and in the next turn they move three tiles and attack seven. What’s the logic!? It’s utterly infuriatingly frustrating.

Fun otherwise.