Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
  2. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Why is this not on the front page yet???

It has great touch controls! This is i think the best we are going to get for a "Block Sandbox" game for the iOS, I don't even think the official Minecraft game will be this close to greatness (I have it for android and it doesn't work as well as you think it should) this on the other hand WOW!!!!!

3. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm digging it.

(See what I did there?)

4. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    It was released only 3 hours ago, give em some time.

Anyone know if the dev plans to make an iPad/universal version? Was disapointed to see that it was iPhone only.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    They did post this a while back -

http://toucharcade.com/2011/07/22/minecraft-y-ios-title-junk-jack-looks-awesome/

6. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I have made a pick axe (had no recipe for that, had to go to some forum) which is nice. I do however have a recipe for a forge but it won't build. I have the stones and the torch but nope, no dice.

I'm sure I'm not doing something right, but the game won't tell me. My two recipes btw are the forge and a loom. Bloody usefull at this stage of the game. I had to stop playing before I slung the phone across the room.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    According to what was in the upcoming thread the iPad version will follow depending on the success of this version.

8. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I think earlier in the thread it was mentioned you need a workbench to make the forge.

9. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    I figured it out, you need to build a crafting table before you can build a forge.

10. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I sent an email but have not heard back yet, I can't wait to play this.

11. devensega

Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome. A great idea would have been to dig up the work bench recipe first. I want the play this game, not stop and look up a forum thingy every five minutes.

I'm sure I will enjoy this eventually but it's starting to feel like work.

12. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Working for your issue, soon you'll get a specific version to understand the older devices problem! Register your device on testflightapp.com if you already did that..

Regarding frustration, we are already planning a step-by-step ingame guide in addition to the craftbook to help new players not feeling frustrated! :)

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Announcing the possibility of an upcoming iPad version only provides current iPad owners with a dilemma. Announce a conversion to universal instead and everyone can buy guilt free.

14. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    My kid has an iPod 3rd gen and the game starts to load then crashes back to the home screen. Is this not compatible on 3rd gen iPods? Works fine on my iPhone 4S so far...

15. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    That's what I'm worried about. I might get this but I'm still not sure.

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    First is it an 8GB 3rd Gen? Cuz that is really 2nd Gen.

Second did you restart the device after you installed it?

They have acknowledged an issue for the 2g devices and some people are helping them work it out.

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I hope @Pixbits is reading this!

18. devensega

Feb 28, 2011
    It's actually a really good game mate, just pay attention to this forum so you can build the essential things you need to get started. This should avoid the frustration I felt in the first hour.

19. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Ingame Tutorial

We are considering doing a complete game guide that will help to play by giving new users basic step by step gameplay tips and crafts, available from the begininng.

We hope that this will help a bit who have never played a sandbox game like this.

Thanks for your great feedback!

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well that sucks. Never knew the real 3rd gens were 32gb and 64gb only. Was told when he got it that it was 3rd gen. Explains why I can't update it with ios 5. Talk about false advertising. Oh well, hopefully an update will come to get the game working on the older devices. Guess Santa's gonna have to look into upgrading the kids iPods this Christmas...

Thanks for the info...