iPhone Batteries and Performance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ctathemarius, Oct 21, 2018.

1. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Hi there,

I am using the iphone 6s plus. So far there is no problem. But considering future mobile games, I am wondering if I can play enough with my iPhone model. However, recently, high-spec games such as Civilization® VI do not guarantee iphone 6s Plus model support.

https://toucharcade.com/community/threads/sid-meiers-civilization%C2%AE-vi-by-aspyr-media.315522/page-16#post-4119607

Last year, with battery and performance issues, Apple released a statement. Therefore, the related models can replace the battery at relatively low cost. My iPhone is also covered. And I expect that it will have a longer lifespan than now.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

Would you like to buy a new model? Or would you rather replace the battery? What are the benefits of using the new model iPhone? I do not have a lot of mobile games, but I like to enjoy good quality games. I will be glad to have any comments on my curiosity and questions. Thanks!

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Basically, it comes down to four things. New phones have:

1. Better/larger screens
    2. More RAM
    3. Better processors (including. Better GPUs)
    4. More drive space (if you pay for it)

All four will make a difference on the high-end games: they will run smoother, look better (especially if they have been optimized for the new processors and screens), sound better, and be more responsive. You are, of course, paying for all that. The question is: is it worth it to you. Perhaps you would prefer to spend that money on a Switch, if all you want to do is gaming.

Personally, new phones are one of my few vices, and I always buy the top end — I’m now on a Xs with 528 GB (don’t like huge phones). I’m really enjoying it, but that’s how I roll. (I also own a Switch, BTW, but I play much more often on my iPhone).

3. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Civilizaion work fine on iphone 6s(tested on mine ip6s)

i changed battery one week ago and phone work good and fast,updated on ios 12.0.1

if i have money i will change to latest iphone models...but for now 6s is good,i also have ipad mini retina and play many games on him...