Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Yay! It works now! Time to try to beat some of your times! [emoji106]

2. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Following up from my earlier post - played it quite a bit more , rated it 5 stars on here and on App Store. Still loving it, expect it'll stay on my iPad and iPhone.

Good to see its no.1 racing game in the App Store too! Definitely deserving of success. Hope to see some updates and more titles from the devs :)

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Awesome game, love the graphics and music too. Have been playing each level to get pro before moving on to the next level just so it lasts that much longer. It's rare that I enjoy a racing game but this is awesome.

4. kawfi

kawfi New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Future Idea

Love the game so far! Someone mentioned an "Outrun" mode should be available. I definitely agree. After completing everything, this "Outrun" mode should have all or some of the tracks connected together for one long race, against time if possible.

5. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Anyone on the fence, this is my sincere request for you to try the game for yourself.

Here's a review:

https://koffeeklaud.wordpress.com/2015/08/21/letting-the-horizon-chase-me-in-horizon-chase/

6. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Soinds like a great idea. Please do it:)

7. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Seconded.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A couple of reviews on my UK store are ridiculous you should be able to vote reviews up or down on the store. It complains about the graphic style not really being 16bit or 32bit....clearly they haven't read anything about the game.

But yes as said above if your on the fence buy this, I'm no big fan of racers and already spent a lot this week on apps and this wasn't even on my radar. I took a chance because of all the reviews here and I love it....the only problem is I get so engrossed in my races I stop watching TV and have no idea what happened and also don't hear a word my fiancée says....that could be a pro or a con I guess : )

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I bought Top Gear 2 for the SNES like 20-25 years ago for the equivalent of $75, and playing Horizon Chase has brought me really fond memories of those days. It's a real steal at its current price.

Aside from the ideas I've read in the last posts, I'd also like to see a 2nd animation for "hard crashes". AFAIK there's only the 360 turn animation when you crash. I'd love a "hard crash" animation as in Top Gear 2, where you could find 2 animations when crashing.

In any case, if nothing was to be added to the game, I'd still recommend it 100% as it is. Truly amazing.

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  11. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Only completed San Francisco and this game is so much fun.

I really have hope for some new content in this one. For me this is one of the best games this year. What a great job they did.

12. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    It would be nice if the cars could use their real names...

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This game is really special and I'm having a blast. :)

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Game of the week nice!

15. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Okay I finally bought it. I know I'm late to the game but let the fun begin.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I just got 100% completion of California....you don't get another car unlock for that?

17. ConceptNormal

ConceptNormal Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I Make Sure Your Seeing It From Both Sides...
    Boston
    Mobile, Computer or Console... This is one of the Best Games I've ever Played!

18. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    man what a great game.I just played it for a couple of minutes but i cant wait to try it with my controller.

19. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Which is your favourite car? I am in South Africa now but I found out that most car I unlocked aren't as good as the second blue car in the game (infinity), I just started playing now with the Audi but the full tank is a problem