Universal Hero Emblems II by HeatPot Games (WIP)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ginokuo, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    It's stilllll Summer 2021, so, um, any day now...!? As I just posted in the HE1 thread, I finally picked that one back up and beat the final Dragon King boss, so now I'm really itching for 2.

Wonder if there could be any intellectual property battles between "Hero Emblems" and "Fire Emblem Heroes" to slow things down!

[Oh, and, as always, sorry to those who get excited seeing this thread come to the top!]

2. mlodziezy

mlodziezy New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2009
    Summer ends...no words from Devs:(

gaberaph likes this.
  3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    My heart skips a beat every time I see that there is a new posting here. :(

4. J05H

J05H Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2017
    5 years later...

5. doink123

doink123 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    There is still time! Summer ends on the 22nd

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It's a bummer but I've told myself to not expect anything here so I won't be disappointed. At least we have HE1 which is a masterpiece. I've mentioned it before but the art style of the new one just isn't cutting it for me. However, the addition of tons of new mechanics and party members will definitely spice things up. I guess it'll be a trade off (if the game ever does come out).

Lots of good games have been coming to Apple Arcade, which I don't pay for, so lately it's been hard finding some good premium releases that fit my interest. I'm always jealous when I look at all the new games Apple Arcade gets. I hope this one will come out one day.

7. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I accidentally deleted my progress in HE1 after I recently picked it back up close to endgame (I believe) and finally beat the Dragon King. I was cruising along and hit the wrong damn button one day when starting the game up. I was crushed. The only salve I can think of is getting HE2!

8. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    The Hero Emblem devs are starting to remind me of George RR Martin with this ever delayed release schedule

Pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. I‘d rather guess they dreamt the game too big and ran out of funding a while ago. It’s just two guys after all and I suppose they have to look elsewhere to earn a living while finishing the game in their sparetime. Wouldn’t be the first ones …

I don’t get it, what’s so wrong with Apple Arcade? The devs get treated fairly and players get tons of premium games (without any f2p and iAP shenanigans) at a massive discount with a tiny monthly fee.

Are you concerned that you don’t "own" the games? With mobile you never do anyway. As soon as new hardware comes out and/or devs stop updating them most become unplayable, at the very least with newer devices. And I‘d be guessing that most games within Apple Arcade will have a longer shelf-life as the devs probably HAVE TO keep them up-to-date.

Premium, one-time-price games just aren‘t profitable anymore in 99,9% of cases with today‘s "gimme all (mobile) games for 'free'" mentality … For me Apple Arcade at least is providing a platform that gives players who miss those good old times a fair offer with tons of content.

Unfortunately too few people - even those who like fairly priced premium games - seem to take it and at most use the first free month. Would be a real pity if they‘d scrap it one day because of this …

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Whats wrong with Apple Arcade you may ask?
    For me it’s pretty simple.
    AA is fine if it has games you like to play.
    It has hardly anything that interests me. ;)

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #90 L.Lawliet, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    You lost me at "monthly fee". That's how all subscriptions services market their product - "there's a tiny fee and you get ALL this."

I don't want to pay a subscription for my premium mobiles games, period. Sorry. Even more so since they're all "premium" games. Imagine if I wanted to go back to play an older game I bought but I wouldn't have access to it unless I kept paying a fee. Imagine if all your old console games were tied to a subscription. How much money would you be spending if you have to pay that sub every year? Without tax it'd be like $1000~ for 20 years. Also the fact that every service has their own subscription means that you'd be x3, x4, x5 that amount easily. Some people don't even spend close to that much on gaming at all. If you just want to buy a few nice premium games, the subscription is totally not worth it. And that "you don't own the games anyways" isn't a good argument. It's true but that's just an easy excuse for devs to remove or not update apps and then you can't complain. Additionally, I have older devices so yes I can play tons of old games I bought on the app store. Most of the devs for the decade old games are long gone but I can boot them up on my iPod if I felt like it. Same thing if I want to play TimeSplitters2 I can turn on my PS2 and play it. I haven't been playing a subscription for it for 20 years to keep playing it at my leisure.

If you like AA sure, you do you. But it's not for me.

Son of Anarchy and Gwarmaxx like this.
  11. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Your loss then. And guess the subscriber’s along the way as well if too many people have a similar mindset. Then it‘s back to 99% f2p games I guess.

When you buy a single premium game a month for 6 bucks you also pay 1000 in 20 (!) years btw. Weird argument. It‘s also the only subscription service I got (on all platforms other than mobile you’ve got plenty of stand-alone premium game alternatives, so those 1000 bucks per 20 years don’t multiply x3, 4, x5 etc.).

Sure, I‘d like to "own" a few of AA‘s titles as well. But imo some people make much too big of a deal about their premium games being "stolen" by AA, especially considering the measly price tag.

As I said, with few exceptions premium games just aren‘t profitable on mobile anymore (same in turn goes for updating them for years and years) so AA’s definitely better than no releases at all (Just out of my personal experience I sadly don‘t know anybody besides me who pays for games on mobile anymore, all the people who love gaming on other platforms included). Zach Gage for example said, he only was able to get a staff and do Card of Darkness thanks to the funding from Apple and it‘s the same decision for a lot of other devs: F2P, AA or no game at all.

Btw I lost some of my favorite titles which aren‘t not only updated anymore but completely got deleted from the App Store by the devs/right holders out of various reasons. So even if like you I had some functioning 10 year old device laying around (which I don’t and planned obsolescence even aside, I‘d wager most people would have a similar dilemma) I couldn‘t play them.

And to return to the topic of the thread, I know that‘s not a popular opinion for some people, but if the devs really have run out of funding - considering their silence after many delays - I‘d prefer a Hero Emblems 2 on Apple Arcade than no Hero Emblems 2 at all. At least then it would be the people‘s choice if they wanted to get it or not.

But probably no sense in starting a discussion where we won‘t reach an agreement anyway (especially in the HE2 thread where every new posting that‘s not about an upcoming release is a form a torture). I’m glad the service exists, you clearly aren’t. So I guess we both do ourselves …

Taeles likes this.
  12. doink123

doink123 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    ginokuo, It's time for your yearly update! I'm hopeful that we'll see HE2 soon.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

13. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    damnit Doink! You JeBaited me!! I thought I was gonna see an update hahaha Now together we will JeBait all others as well ;)

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

Legion180 likes this.
  14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    *JeBaited* Sigh...! Some day....

15. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Really looking forward to update on this. Remember how this was one of the best game to me when the first got release (still an awesome game to me today). Hope the sequel get release soon and remain as a premium app. Definitely a day 1 purchase!

Gambler likes this.
  16. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Sorry in advance for everybody who clicked on this hoping for one of the rare dev updates.^^

I really fear HE2 is dead in the water … After many, many, many, many, many delays they finally gave a release date with summer 2021 again. Since then - once again - silence. I had always been hopeful and (with every passing year a bit less) optimistic that the second part would be relased one of these days.

But as the original release date would have been 2017 something must have happened: The scope of the game had gotten too big, they‘ve run out of funds etc.

I was really looking forward to this (and still do a tiny bit) but when summer 2021 hasn‘t panned out again without much of an explanation my last hopes finally have dwindled to near zero. Hope I‘m proven wrong but with the current state of affairs I‘m afraid HE2 won‘t see the light of day anymore :(

aconfusedkender likes this.
  17. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    You monster! Shame on you! Shame! Shame!

Gambler likes this.
  18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #99 L.Lawliet, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    YES YES YES

I've had notifications turned on in this thread for this moment.

Though as I've said before, being completely honest, I really miss the old art. The new art doesn't really compare, it's like New Grounds art vs big game studio art. Especially apparent in the character portraits. I'm going to have to used to the new artist but as long as the game itself is still fun, it shouldn't be a problem. I just want to know why they switched artists...

The trailer looks good and the voice acting is a pleasant surprise. I wish it was stealth releasing today so I could buy it right now.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agree to disagree on the new art — I think it’s wonderful, especially animated. But I’m with you with everything else. This is fantastic news!