Universal Her Story (by Sam Barlow)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 23, 2015.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Does it have a proper ending where you "beat" the game?

2. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Wow some real positive first impressions from some of the old skool ta members, defo gonna buy just for the unique setting. Really hope it lives up to its uniqueness? Looking forward to this big time ✌#️

3. Not sure what you mean. I play with my iPad on my lap and type on the keyboard. No reason to hold the iPad in your hands.

4. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Really liking this so far. It's very unique, and the search mechanic actually works well within the context of this 'game'. It's quite an unnerving work, actually.
    I don't know how long the game is but it seems there are around 170 or so clips to discover.
    There's also a lovely little minigame no-one has mentioned yet, but it's a bucketload of fun!

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    They said the same about "Papers, please", you know... :rolleyes:

6. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Just in quickly to say this game is fantastic and mesmerizing. I can't put it down!

7. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I loved Shattered Memories!
    But is there a lot of typing involved? I don't own a tablet, and I'm not a very good typist on the phone (fat thumbs).

8. The whole game is typing and watching. But it's usually just a word or a couple of words at a time, not sentences or paragraphs.

9. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    You probably saw my review go up on the site this morning: http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/24/her-story-review/

But seriously, if you're on the fence, you need to buy this. It's so different and has so many fantastic moments that you're doing yourself a disservice by not checking this out.

And be VERY wary of spoilers.

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Picked this up this morning. Looking forward to it. I'm always game for something new.

11. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    dude

have subtitles or english only??

12. #32 AppUnwrapper, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    English subtitles. I think it would be really hard to translate it since the game is about searching the script.

13. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I just prefer to set the iPad on my desk with the smart case and sit back and enjoy. Not a big deal that gonna keep me away from this masterpiece but an autorotation will be welcome.

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Ok friends, without spoiling much, I'm wondering if this is intentional or an error:
    I do a search query, a handful of clips come up. Two with an identical time stamp only one is about ten minutes ahead but she is wearing completely different clothes and has a musical instrument

Thanks!

15. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    OMG I literally can't wait to play this! Reminds me of the 90's era of Voyeur/Phantasmagoria style games! Woohoo, time for a trip to ze past!!!

16. I know what you're talking about.
    I'm pretty sure she changed bc she spilled coffee on her earlier outfit.

17. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Phew. Haven't found that yet. But happy to know it's not an oversight, thanks a lot!

18. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I have the feeling I figured everything out. It was a good ride, although with more or less just one big reveal and a few side stories here and there. That reveal came quickly as well. Still trying to find more videos, but no more surprises so far. But I love the atmosphere, the acting, the music... well done and very special little game.

19. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    how long did it take for you to reach the end?

20. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Orientation. Lack of is annoying

My cover has a built in flap that only works in one orientation. So this puts the game upside down. Great game but an oversite by the developers. Not had a quality game in awhile that doesn't allow you to flip it if you need to. Hope they fix that quickly. Going to play something else till they do.