iPad HECTOR: Badge of Carnage Ep1 (By Straandlooper)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iVaro, Jun 2, 2010.

1. THFourteen

THFourteen Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I have to agree, it is very good.

Things i'd like to see in the next episode - probably not cost-effictive - support for the retina screen, or an ipad version (doesnt have to be universal, i prefer to play this on my ipad, so wouldnt need it to work on my phone).

Hilarious stuff.

2. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Legendary !

Seriously, get this game now ! There are some things that are simply worth the price; waiting for a sale be damned !!! This is one of the top ten games I have for the iTouch or iPad, out of hundreds. It is certainly the TOP game in its category.

The humor and attitude are top-notch. If Rowan Atkinson had crossed with Monty Python and the Shield to create a game, this might just be it ! Best characters in a game in a long time.

Support the dev. so there will be an episode 2 ! You will not be sorry (unless you have absolutely no sense of humor at all, in which case, well...you know what Hector would say: "P...s off!!!" :D)

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Has Episode 2 actually been confirmed yet?

4. madam_octa

madam_octa Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I'd like to know the same thing, anyone has more info?

5. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #205 tblrsa, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    What a great game. This brings me back to those fancy Lucas Arts Classics which we all admired. Definately a Must Buy for every Adventure Gamer out there. :)

Edit: Finished it, cute game although it felt a lil short. Hope to see EP 2 soon. By the way, have u recognized the Monkey Island 2 references in this game? :)

6. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Still no update on the arrival of EP 2? Hope the dev hasn´t abandoned this fine game. :(

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I doubt that very much.

8. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    I seem to remember the dev saying that they hadnt started making ep 2 when the app first launched, so they could only have been working on it for a short while. It may take some patience (something which the app store does not engender due to the speed and volume at which apps are released), but I believe it will come. Point and tap games must take time due to the varied resources required to complete them (art, voice work etc.).

9. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    ^this.

Also, remember when Episode One of Hector first came out and the app's description said that if you wanted episode two to come out, they'd have to sell enough of the first one? I seem to recall reading an interview or seeing a post by the devs somewhere (can't for the life of me remember where though, so I can't repost it) where they stated that the first episode has sold enough copies that they have just begun working on episode two, but it would take about a year to complete everything. This was about a month or less after the first episode came out. So you've got a while before you'll probably see anything.

10. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
  11. Gunblade1190

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
  12. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Riiiiggghhhttt...

13. Gunblade1190

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    ...did you not read my original post that's right above yours?

14. yongkykun

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    I did. But I can't believe that you couldn't be ars3d to search for it :D

15. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Thanks for the update, glad to hear the dev has sold tons of copies, he most certainly deserves it. Alright, good to hear we can expect EP 2. =)

16. Straandlooper

Straandlooper New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    A message for you rudey...

Hello Hector fans
    Apologies about being as tight lipped as a mermaid's gusset about Episode 2 of Badge of Carnage.
    We are currently filing out forms, fiddling with knobs and other such things with regards to Episode 2, but as soon as we know more we will let you know.
    In the meantime you can follow the latest goings on with Hector on Facebook - The Hector Files - or follow the man himself on Twitter - @diHector - just don't expect him to be courteous. I think his Duke of Argyles are playing up at the minute. He is currenlty sitting on a lifebelt he just nabbed from the local municipal swimming pool. And it's the Clappers Wreake Orphanage's Gala today. Shame.

17. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Glad to read from you guys :)

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha, Knob fiddlers. ;D

19. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    i'd assumed they'd all buggered off on a long holiday to be honest :)

20. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    As soon as a sale comes on this I'll jump