Universal Gun Rounds (by Tobin Huitt)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Aug 1, 2020.

1. blabberf

blabberf Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2020
    I think I should save "GunRounds" for the sequel:p otherwise how will people tell them apart?

I JUST saw that and had to sit down. Gonna print the article out and frame it on my wall.

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, the boss was hard. ... there is a hard mode!?

Attached Files:

3. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Noooooooooo! You beat us all xD

And here I thought I was making fast progress for reaching 3-4 :(

Haha

Good job!

Hard mode? Maybe try not to recover HP at shops or not to lose your kill streak? If you already beat it like this, then I think you've already burnt your $2.99 :D

blabberf and Jstorm like this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Beating the normal mode seem to have unlocked the hard mode. I will post how it is different compared to normal later.

5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

OH. MY. DOG!

Sorry, I got it all wrong.

That's amazing news. Thanks for the heads up! It's definitely something to look forward to

Still, you beat us all... (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Jstorm and blabberf like this.
  6. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    I am seriously impressed, you have got to be at least 10 times as good at the game as me or any of my beta testers!

Jstorm likes this.
  7. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    2 Guns 2 Rounds for the sequel!

And of course...wait for it...3 Guns & Knuckles!

blabberf likes this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Let’s just say the hard mode really tests your reflex, also it seems enemies per map is increased.

blabberf and sebgo like this.
  10. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    I saw a notification that was a response from you in this thread and thought you were about to say you already beat hard mode. I'm gonna have to add an "ultra hard mode" or something in the next update!

Jstorm likes this.
  11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, almost there.

I think you need to check the magic circle laser and the big skull attack. Some of the patterns are unavoidable.

12. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    I promise they're all avoidable! Some of them are ridiculously hard BUT it is possible!

13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #33 Jstorm, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Okay, if you know that the particular pattern is coming, then I guess it is possible.

I don’t see myself pulling that off in the hard difficulty though. You know the reason why I say so.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m just wondering as it’s a bit confusing for me when people say turn based but then also mention reflexes? Usually turn based to me would mean you can take your time no twitch based play but then people mention having the reflexes.

@Jstorm not surprising to see you doing so well you seem pretty amazing at all of the games I see you play.

Jstorm likes this.
  15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    That’s because this game is a mix of turn based and action.

So, the game is a turn based because you attack once, followed by each enemy making their attack. This game is also an action game because you need to block enemy attacks with your shield at the right timing. To avoid confusion, all the attacks in this game are projectile based.

On top of each enemy having two attack methods, attacks with multiple projectiles have multiple firing patterns.

Combined with varied distance with the player character, some reflex combined with muscle memory is required to successfully block attacks.

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Jstorm thank you, so I can take my turn and then need to really focus for the enemy attacks but then get a breather when it’s back to my turn again?

17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Yes. There is no time limit during your turn.

You can carry up to 4 weapons. I don’t know how many weapons there are, but I think I’ve seen at the least 20.

Each weapon consumes a set amount of ammo, which can be reloaded manually by spending a turn, or recharged by successfully blocking enemy attacks.

Reloading should be avoided as much as possible, because on top of not being able to attack during your turn, reloading temporality reduces the radius of your shield (your shield is a circle around the character. The shield is activated only at the moment when you activate it, and has a brief cool down) , making it harder to block enemy attacks.

ste86uk likes this.
  18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Jstorm thank you so much, that all sounds great. I just hit the purchase button.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, I wanted to ask...is there anything more to the timer in the options menu than it just displaying the time on the screen? I ask because it definitely isn’t corresponding with my time of death (by a few seconds) each time I’ve turned it on. *shrugs*

20. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    It's just for keeping track of your time! That's weird though... I just tested it and it was off by like 5ms for me, is it off for multiple seconds for you?