Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. GD CreativeGuy

GD CreativeGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    I agree that people should start focusing on gameplay, but one issue I have is with the featured levels. Most of the gameplay is pretty bad, especially the daily features, so that clearly need to change as you said. But, most of the design in featured levels nowadays is pretty much focused on block design. And this is for almost every single one of them. There are some levels that use different styles, but I believe Rob should start cutting back on the features that only focus on block design, because every time I check the featured levels, nothing feels special about it.

2. Meepnax777

Meepnax777 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    NOT on a hype train...
    Yeah, most of the levels in Featured are very portal spammy and have too much glitchy auto, making for awful gameplay

3. Does anybody know how to easily make the new cave blocks in 2.1? They're so confusing and frustrating to make. If there's an automatic cave block builder, I'd love to use that. The rock formations are confusing.

4. Aerma

Aerma Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    On my computer, probably
    This is the kind of discussion I was hoping to start :D
    I think that RobTop himself looks more for aesthetic design. In my opinion, if featured and map pack levels can sometimes (or even quite often) have only semi-decent gameplay and amazing decorations, I think that to make it fair he should also feature levels that don't have the best deco but are fun and have great gameplay. Keeping up with the new effects and deco is really difficult for me (and I know many others as well), and because of this it seems like the good/famous creators (like Viprin for example) keep getting more and more popular while the smaller creators and the ones that know little about deco and effects just keep getting more and more pushed away. I almost wish the editor was back to how it was in 1.0 (but with the new portals and orbs) just so that myself and others who aren't as skilled with the complicated things could actually have a chance to make a feature-worthy level.

Here's my poll for those who haven't seen it: http://www.strawpoll.me/12142691

5. Splash

Splash Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 24, 2015
    head leafeon of state
    in a fursuit or something
    welcome any new people who may be checking out the thread from our shoutout on TA! we'd love to have you all here <3

6. Gd_ToxicNova

Gd_ToxicNova Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2017
    what
    Clutterfunk
    ummm
    thanks i guess?
    i don't like being loved but ok

7. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Most of the levels use blocks, but not block design per se. I'm talking about multiple blocks layered together or used in groups. Some examples are:

One of Kaptain's unreleased levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9aMdAWwmdI
    (The video is unlisted, not private, so I'm assuming he won't care too much :eek: )

One of Noriega's levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R46mp-0t2-A
    (This one I like more for decoration, but there is some block design.)

One of Namtar & Noriega's unfinished levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afKkIRnApyE
    (Notice the use of many <2.0 blocks and decorations)

One of Woogi + KSWgeo's levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4OQ7KIdZoI
    (This one uses two styles that have amazing block design or use a nice variety of blocks)

One of Woogi + Minus's levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JthEd5iFEFE
    (This uses nice block design for the most part, and has some light effects that aren't used much anymore)

I hope you're starting to see what I'm envisioning. It's not the use of one block, but many that makes the difference. :D

8. Geometry Dash Tgneostar

Geometry Dash Tgneostar Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    High school student at Rochester High School
    The dankest darkest meme holes ( &#865;° &#860;&#6
    Well on my YT is a preview for Tik Tok, need feedback

9. Aerma

Aerma Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    On my computer, probably
    But these are still full of color changes (both background and blocks) and the block designs on some still look pretty advanced, and also there's lots of deco.

10. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Stalking Robtop :)
    :)
    I am probably never going to open gdw ever again

11. Aerma

Aerma Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    On my computer, probably
    #102571 Aerma, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    If your goal is for Insane/ maybe a defficult "harder" difficulty then you got it !

12. llamadog

llamadog Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Wait we got shouted out?

13. Gd_ToxicNova

Gd_ToxicNova Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2017
    what
    Clutterfunk
    "new people"

:/

i really don't appreciate this welcome tbh

14. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    What do you mean by "still full of color changes"? I know they change colors a lot, but that isn't a bad idea for some levels. The color changes don't matter as much as the block design and gameplay, so right now don't focus on those. I know there's lots of deco in these, but the deco is more 1.9 focused than super moving object heavy.

The "advanced block design" is what I'm talking about when I say block design. A group of a single type block is not block design. Block design is the layering of multiple blocks and decorations to create a nice design, or the way the blocks are used together. For the most part it looks best when it's blocks from updates before 2.0.

Again, this is all personal preference, but I think we would have nicer levels if people worked with block design a bit more.

15. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Guys, I thought about this today...

During 2.0, I had an idea for a shop. It was when RobTop came here frequently. And my idea was pretty much exactly what the shop is in 2.1, but of course it was undecided what the currency was...

Could I have been the one to get the shop added? That'd be pretty neat.

16. Geometry Dash Brad

Geometry Dash Brad Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Geometry dash streams
    Beating some demons, or raging on them
    Idk why I like Master of the World so much

17. Splash

Splash Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 24, 2015
    head leafeon of state
    in a fursuit or something
  18. llamadog

llamadog Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    I'm trying to load data into GDW and it says sync failed. Is there an update to GDW that isn't on iOS yet that lets you do it? If so I'll just wait I guess.

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You could at least try and put some effort in, man.

20. Jamesd123

Jamesd123 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Lazy Town
    GDW progress save

Save your progress on GDW (the account section) then click load on geometry dash. It should add the diamonds and orbs to regular geometry dash whilst keeping your old progress on GD.