Galactic Keep by Gilded Skull Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gildedskull, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    now that sounds cool...always like the darker character classes, myself

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. Medic8er

Medic8er Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Paramedic
    Midwest
    Wow, I've been a lurker for awhile, but I must say that I had to post that Galactic Keep looks AMAZING. I love the art style and looks very original. Day one download for me.

p.s. I still have a box full of my old Lone Wolf books somewhere at my parents house. Ahhh...memories:cool:

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Does anyone else feel like Galactic Keep is going to ruin their lives? I have a feeling i'm going to be playing insane amounts

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yes.

Be afraid, be very afraid! :eek:

6. mbourgon

mbourgon Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I can't even begin to think about how much work this feature would be, but...

Co-op? Push notifications to your friends that it's game time?

Just hankering for some old-school RPG goodness (my NWN2 party sizzled out a while ago, my Shadowrun group ended with arrival of a child, and now we only really get together once a month to play Arkham Horror).

7. fahdiz

fahdiz Active Member

May 29, 2009
    Kinda looks that way.

8. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. Co-op would be amazing. We're working on the game one step at a time. We're going to start with the local battles, lock that down, and work from there. Putting multiple player-controlled characters on a map (locally) would be the next step...then online co-op. It would involve new (types of) missions too. The game will be an iterative process.

....no promises...but wanted to let you know that I hear you!

9. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    I'm so glad Hodapp put this on the home page!
    I'm so stoked about this, totally sjgame-ish (which I'm surprised they, or anyone else has done)

I personally would tweak #10's look, maybe the eyes, maybe some cleavage.
    Idk, ask Obama.... (current event news jk there;)

10. gildedskull

A couple more pieces of art: a hero and an 'enemy'.

[​IMG]

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The artwork is amazing. It blows me away.

T minus 5 months?

12. dolly

dolly Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Oh my...
    I really like your art style. Can't wait for this game! Instant buy for me.

I think this gem will win over many gamers who miss good story-driven games in the appstore. For me, it's all about the story and good characters.

Co-up via bluetooth or wifi would be a killer feature; through internet also of course, as somebody mentioned.

Must ask, is it your rules or is it borrowed from Dungeons and dragons or any other roleplaying game?

13. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Galactic Keep looks really fantastic. I think games with less 'gameplay' and more story telling etc. work better on the iPhone due to the limited control scheme. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

14. gildedskull

The rules are going to be unique to the game but will certainly be familiar to people who have played other systems. We're focusing on the d10 as the core die...which mixes things up a bit: it allows for smaller rolls and for percentage rolls (smaller than a d20, larger than a d6).

In the core battle, each character will have a primary weapon (unlimited use) and a special attack (that can only be used a certain number of times in each battle).

We're considering adding in a critical hit and failure system (for rolls of 10 and 1) in battle that will add flavor (through random actions). Eli noted this to us as something he'd be into and we think it's pretty doable. With a d10 they should happen quite often (as compared to a d20) and I think it will work well. I love the idea of being able to massively screw up or really disadvantage your enemy!

For example, a critical attack roll of '10' in a battle would trigger 1 of 25 'special' things to happen during the attack like crippling the opponents weapon for a couple turns, hitting an opponents 'weapon hand', reducing their damage for the rest of the battle etc.

The characters attributes factor into the game as modifiers to specific actions. More about this once we lock more of the game down!

15. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Whens beta testing coming out?
    I would love to try your game

16. gildedskull

We'll be sure to announce when beta testing begins! Like I said earlier, this game will call for a lot of play balancing so we'd like to pre-test it thoroughly (and continue to adjust after launch if need be).

17. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The only negative I've seen to Galactic Keep so far is that we have to wait so long for it to come out :)

18. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Same here :(

19. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    How long do we have to wait for Galactic Keep? I probably missed the time line in any earlier post. This looks like a MUST HAVE game.

20. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I believe they said it wasn't coming out until 2010.