Universal Football Manager Mobile 2016 (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Marc Vaughan, Nov 19, 2015.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If the universal app is used on an iPad or tablet, it has the side bar. I don't think any phones support that feature, unfortunately. I wish it was an option we could toggle on or off, so people with big enough screens could enjoy it.

2. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    The sidebar will be present in the iPhone6+/6s+ phones as of the last update (the same is true of HD and above android devices for anyone who has one of those).

3. shingetter

shingetter New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Is anyone able to give an idea on how the battery consumption is like on a iPhone 6S Plus?

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh, that's awesome! Great addition. I happily stand corrected.

5. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    Should be fine - I try very hard to ensure that the battery usage is reasonable across all models.

6. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Battery drain seems considerable but I would say still quite acceptable. Be wary though that the Plus models of iPhone have problems with the supported resolution as reported in this thread.

7. keroppikai

keroppikai Member

May 27, 2012
    Male
    English as a Second Language Teacher
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
    installed file size?

what's the file size once downloaded and installed? is it any smaller than last year's verion?

8. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I bought it for kindle fire (only tablet I have) and it wont download the data, anyone have a clue what I should do?

9. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    Am I correct in presuming you purchased it through the Amazon kindle store? (as thats the only store which supports those devices).

10. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    It's listed as 630mb on the iTunes store (we never quite know what it will be as Apple do some 'magic' when its uploaded which tends to bloat it somewhat).

11. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    yes I did, this morning

12. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    issue has been resolved :)

13. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Football Manager Mobile iPad unsupported

In case someone wishes to play Football Manager Mobile on the iPad and is considering purchase a word of caution. This game DOES NOT support the resolution of the iPad, making for a horrible gameplay experience. There's nothing but cloudy text and a blurry interface that makes it nearly unplayable for me. Please consider Football Manager Touch that runs natively or another simulation game since Football Manager Mobile is currently not a valid option for iPad players. It's sad to see a new game running so bad and releasing with low resolution in this day and age.

14. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Which ipad? Its looks good to me, no problem with my ipad 3

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've used All the past years' FMH versions on my iPad 2 and since its a universal app, it is clear and crisp as can be. Are you using an iPad Pro by any chance?

16. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    That's really odd, is your iPad retina?

I'm not talking about the iPad Pro but I have tested it on the iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2 and in both cases the game looks just horrible. All interface elements are blurry, not crisp at all. Also this was confirmed by SI Games that the game doesn't indeed support native resolution on the iPad at this point so I'm sure it's not a problem with my devices.

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Ah. My iPad 2 has a resolution of 1024x768, so that's probably why the handheld/mobile version looks clear.

The review here on TA seems to have been done on an iPad, and all of their pics seem quite readable. But maybe they used an older iPad as well. http://toucharcade.com/2015/12/01/football-manager-mobile-2016-review/

18. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Ah that explains it. Well the text is readable but it looks really bad and it's detrimental to gameplay. There really should be no excuse for a just released premium title not supporting retina resolution on the iPad. These devices have been out for several years. :(

19. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    There are some J-League clubs in the game however there are few Japanese players I'm afraid at present; you can however start a game using "My Club" and have full control over its creation so you could edit some of your favorite players from that league into the game.

20. Marc Vaughan

Apr 15, 2010
    As I've indicated a few times - I understand your position in this regard, however the reasons we didn't do a specific iPad retina skin was:

* In testing most users didn't notice any difference (I'm aware you are more sensitive than most with regards to this and probably have very good eyesight etc.).
    * Creating an iPad retina skin hugely bloated the download (we already have a fair few complaints regarding the download size each year so we're sensitive to doing this and on iOS devices we don't have the same luxury as on Android where we can stream down device specific assets down easily).
    * We found that some older iPad retina devices performed badly in terms of user experience/animation speed with a full retina skin.

Its possible in the future we will revisit this and I'm sorry if our decision hurts your experience in this regard presently but the vast majority of users appear perfectly happy with our choice and the game using a standard iPad resolution on those platforms.