iPad Ending

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
  2. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
  3. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    It says "best played on iPhone 4 or newer." Does this mean lower devices aren't supported, or just that the best experience is on newer devices? This doesn't seem like a terribly graphically intensive game.

4. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    You can't install a game if your idevice doesn't support the minimum iOS, so that rules out many devices. I play it on a 4th gen iPod touch, and it crashes every so often. Not a deal breaker by any means though. You can always play is on desktop too, just google Aaron Steed Ending Robotacid and you should be able to find it, as well as a download for standalone desktop versions. They are free. Aaron is working on porting the game to optimize it, but until then there isn't much to do but use a new idevice or pc (or Mac).

5. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Ok. I'll probably buy it under the condition that it'll run on iOS 5 (downgraded for the sake of speed).

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

7. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Glad this one got front page attention. I'd probably miss it otherwise.

8. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    #29 Scorpion008, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    For all desktop players, here is my set of levels. They include 60-64 and all but three from 75-99 (0-59 and 65-74 were made by the game's creator). If you don't know what to do with this file tell me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2qsjktzsrnew21/levels%208.json

The pinnacle of my puzzle creating prowess is number 87. It is as hard to beat as adventure mode, although the difficulty is handcrafted, rater than randomly generated. This eliminates bad luck from the equation, and tests the players true skill. I have created it to have only one general solution, so if you think you can cheat on it think again. All levels up to and including 89 are finished levels, waiting to be played. The ones afterwards are either under construction or old versions of finished levels. If you find 87 absolutely impossible, try 91, an easier variation with a different solution than its counterpart. 90 is also playable as is, but as you can see it is unfinished. 95 is a harder 80. The rest I would leave alone. Have fun, and feedback is appreciated!

87 Cleared: [​IMG]

9. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    A little help for the beginners:

You can kill everything that doesn't contain a gray square, just by smashing into it. You can kill one thing to get another to move, while you stay in one place. You use this to get to an even number of squares from an enemy. Then you approach and kill them. The dumbell shaped enemies are never going to go from being out of reach to attackable, no matter how many times you move unless you go and kill something.

10. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    If the tips are helping anyone, tell me and I will give you more. I just want to know that I am not wasting my time.

11. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I tried it online after seeing a youtube video - looks fun !
    Guess I'll buy it

There really should be some sort of "how to play" section or similar

12. Ravenblack

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    #33 Ravenblack, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    The puzzle levels progress nicely, introducing each enemy and object. I see the editor is included but there doesn't seem to be any instruction on how to upload or download more levels.

13. Glerick

Glerick Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Cameraman / reporter
    Belgium
    #34 Glerick, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Now this is a simple yet clever game. Totally digging the concept. Thank you for reviewing this title, TA. The short app description and simplistic look wouldn't have been so appealing to me on the AppStore, if I hadn't read the review.

That said, I really hope the developer keeps an eye on the community, because it's also a free desktop game (unprofittable). I do hope the iOS level editor will be improved as mentioned above. Right now it seems like a test, without any instruction. (Though, the lack of any instructions or words might be part of the games' charm)

14. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    You need the desktop version to share levels unfortunately.

15. Ravenblack

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Ok, well, I hope the functionality comes to ios version. :)

16. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The lack of any sort of text is irritating as hell. This stuff is not self-explanatory.

17. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    #38 Scorpion008, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    Tips then. You can kill EVERYTHING without grey in it. That means spawners too.

You just need to be on a different color of square (even number) from an enemy.

The broom shaped enemies you will find are very easy to kill, as they need to turn; this can buy you a move.

The plus shaped ones are hard because you need to be an even number of spaces form them or they WILL kill you. To do that kill one or a any other ODD number of something else.

The minus shaped enemies same, but they are less dangerous, as they only kill in one plane.

The non moving enemies, just attack from any side they don't have a "gun" on.

Pushers can't kill on contact, but they can push and follow you. They can smash you if you get between them and a wall or another object.

For pushers and grey wall blocks, you can only kill them with explosives. These are bricks with no grey but do have a black square with a white dot in the middle. Hit them to explode anything to their immediate right, left, up, and down, NOT diagonals. If they are on more than one side of you when they explode, you die.

That about covers the basics. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. There certainly are more advanced tips and tricks I have discovered.

18. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Do we have any expert players at this game here besides myself?

19. colinkloecker

colinkloecker Member

May 8, 2012
    Define expert. :)

I'm having a lot of fun with Ending, and have completed a majority of the individual levels, but haven't made it past the 4th room in the randomized game. I inevitably pick up a grey follower who inevitably corners me in. Any tips for making past rooms 3 and 4?