Universal DUNKYPUNG (by Nathan Meunier)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    And a front page App Store page / mention.

Currently at no.4 in arcade. Hope that’s lifted your sales a bit, Nathan?

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#22 Anotherkellydown, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    I’m having an issue with my scores. My level 1 score is reset to match my level 3 high score. Every time I break my level 3 record the score for level 1 changes to match. iPhone 7+ latest iOS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ah yeah, same here.

[​IMG]

4. NathanMeunier

NathanMeunier Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Freelance Writer / Indie Dev
    Thanks all, appreciate you checking it out!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  5. NathanMeunier

Apr 27, 2017
    I know, I feel the same way, but the problem is that empty space only exists on iphoneX and taller phones. On iPhone 7 and below, the screen ends at the very top of the "arena" so there's nowhere to put the score without it getting in the way. It's a tricky design thing, because given the limited space, there's nowhere to really put it where it's out of the way for everyone.

Gotters likes this.
  6. Anotherkellydown

Hey @NathanMeunier, have you had a chance to take a look at the level 1 & 3 score bug? Been wanting to keep playing this but would rather wait for a fix. Thanks!

7. NathanMeunier

Apr 27, 2017
    Hey there! Thanks for checking in again. Just fixed the level scoring bug this morning and am currently in the process of uploading the new builds to Steam and iOS. Might take a day or so to go live, but it's on its way. Thanks again!

8. Anotherkellydown

That’s great news! Appreciate all the work you’re putting in. I see from your Twitter you’re working on an RPG project too, so I’m looking forward to that. :)

9. NathanMeunier

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks! The update has been submitted to Apple for review and should auto-push live as soon as they approve it. Look for v 1.0.8 soon!

Yeah, DUNKYPUNG hasn't done as well as I had hoped, but I'm happy I finished it and released it nonetheless. I'm in the prototyping/alpha phase of a new game project that's a hand-drawn comic-style narrative-driven dark fantasy RPG. That'll likely be a meatier project released on Steam/Consoles down the road, though I'm also designing it so it could eventually work on mobile, too. Probably won't be a mobile-first release, though, given the size/scope of the project.

May release something smaller in the meantime, as I haven't given up on iOS card games and whatnot, just trying some different things out and going back to my roots (I started out doing narrative driven horror/rpg stuff).

Thanks a bunch!

Anotherkellydown likes this.