Universal Dungeonism (by Jeffrey Fal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TrencH, Jul 8, 2013.

1. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I am going to revisit those levels but I know I learned about the ice floor spell trick late so I am guessing that might have been what stumped me. I also had this small room with movable blocks that I saw no possible way to move, floating or not but in the upper right hand corner there was a small ledge I was able to push against and cast my teleport so I could leap over and continue. Perhaps I missed a teleport scroll in that level? Maybe there was something else going on that I missed? Either way I had a teleport spell on hand from a previous level and used that as I just had smoke coming out from my ears on that one. I have been paying close attention to the other levels and can agree that I have not run into another scenario like that. I will continue to look in the future before I make that conclusion. I think what would have been more useful is just me listing as I did above here a specific instance of a issue so others can confirm or let's know I missed something. I think that will work better. I stand corrected.

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Thank you, Jefff. I've been figuring out the game the more I play. :)

There have been a lot of "duh" moments for me in this game. Duh- the swirl-symbol spell is wind spell and it's stated in the shop page. Duh - of course I can't shift the thing sideways if I'm blocked and I can't sidestep. Duh -- the flag thing is a gate switch! I realise I was used to having things being obvious. I kept playing and it's been rewarding. The levels are interesting, challenging and the puzzles are just right. I'm enjoying this game a lot.

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    This looks good but as its not universal yet, I'll hold off on buying it but add it to my 'watch' list.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    This is my biggest request of any dungeon crawler I play. Unless the dungeons are 30 second runs, I need to be able to save & quit. Otherwise, I find that I end up having to close out and quit my apps for some reason and eventually get back to it only to be disappointed I have to start all over. Please implement this and you'll have at least one more sale!

6. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Anyone go deep down into the level X's?

I am wondering if they are endless or if there is a juicy treasure or boss at some point.

7. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I am also wondering about that. I have been downs about 7 levels deep. I do know one thing..The monsters get uglier and meaner the lower you go...

8. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    What's the point of the refresh tokens? Since I can refresh my energy just by resting for a turn, I don't see why I would ever care about picking up a token. Only if I'm in the middle of a fight?

Even more so the Refresh spell. What's the point of using magic to cast Refresh, when I could just rest instead?

The game seems a little slow to get going. I've played about 5 levels and I'm not sure it's getting more interesting. It looks like I could just replay the same levels over and over, to collect experience and gold, if I want? That would be even more slow.

9. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    This and wazhack might be my favorite games this year. Great!

10. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    This is terrific. Wow. I sold my iPhone a few months ago and got an HTC One (a mistake I'll be correcting once the new iPhone comes out), but I was so intrigued by the trailer that I grabbed this for my iPad. Even though an iPad is far from the ideal way to play this, it's become one of my favorite iOS games ever. So great.

11. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Is there a way to save your progress mid-dungeon? I sometimes get inturrupted when i play and it seems like i lose all the progress I made since the last dungeon I completed.

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week Poll Nomination

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dungeonism was successfully nominated as a candidate for voting in Touch Arcade forum’s Game of the Week. Voting will occur over the next three days. Developers may not vote for their own game, only active TA members may vote.

Here’s a link to voting: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2899773

13. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Voted! A labor of love, this one. A well-deserved win if it does.

14. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Too much good competitors - but voted nevertheless :)

Only three games on my phone atm - and Dungeonism is the most played one in the last days. Hope there a many more dungeons to come. :D

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yeah, I voted for Dungeonism too - even though I have to admit Deus Ex is a great achievement for iOS, I'm playing this one more. ;)

16. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    I am loving this game so far. Haven't played for too long yet but have a few questions: I've come across 2 scrolls can't seem to pick either of them up, does this mean I have to level up magic before I can start using it?

Also, I've heard reference both in the game and in this forum to "sneaking", is there a specific way to sneak or does this just mean trying to stay out of the line-of-sight behind corners or blocks and jumping out from behind things to attack the enemy?

17. Jefff

Jefff Member

Jul 8, 2013
    It's an honor just to be nominated.

There isn't. I've put the feature in my queue for a future update. It'll have to wait for my first task to be done -- making the app universal.

18. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I hope that gets more people interested because the game is just freakin funtastic!

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Any GC achievement plans?

20. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #100 mkaen, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    delete