Universal Door Kickers: Action Squad (by KILLHOUSE GAMES SRL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    I'm playing on android.
    It doesn't happen everytime, but sometimes only, that too mostly when I'm shooting and changing directions simultaneously. It tends to get me killed when I'm in a tight position with enemies coming from both sides.

2. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    I finally caught hold of the control glitch which i mentioned earlier on android. It's a bit complicated so please bear with me @elanaibaKHG

I am playing as the assaulter.
    Suppose i am moving right and i start shooting by pressing the fire button, and then without lifting my thumb off the fire button, i turn left, my character stops firing automatically, after which no matter which direction i move with the fire button still pressed, he won't fire, until and unless i lift my thumb off the fire button and press it again.

But secondly if I'm standing still and press the fire button, and after my character starts firing, then if i move left or right, he'll keep firing normally.
    I don't know if this issue is there on iOS but it's definitely there for me on android. Whenever you are free please have a look at it.

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  3. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    #243 elanaibaKHG, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    New version up!

- inventory mixups should be up
    - controls somewhat customizable in-game (do note that having the controls too close to the edge can sometimes lead to faulty controls in some cases. We're working on that too).
    - smaller fixes

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @elanaibaKHG did it make it through the approval process already? I just checked, not yet available for me. I’m so looking forward to all these improvements you mentioned. Especially that inventory fix, yay!;)

5. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    yes! (but yes, I can't see it in the app store either, yet).

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Update’s showing now. Holy shit, this is tremendous! :D

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yes, update's live now. And inventory is fixed - working properly and as intended, finally! I see you took an example from Snake Core seriously and did a great job adjusting the controls including the transparency and whatnot - nice! Although I don't understand why is this option accessible via the in-game pause menu only? A lot of new players gonna just miss it. And for convenience it should be included in the main options menu by default. Is it hard to implement or what's the reasoning behind this decision?

I'm not gonna ask about the separate jump button again. Or say that a lot of these issues could've been addressed during the proper beta. Don't wanna sound ungrateful because I appreciate your involvement, willingness to listen and respond and ability to bring these fixes on such short notice. So all I say is thank you! The inventory fix makes the game so much more enjoyable for me.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Meh, I think it's fine as it is. I mean, if someone has an issue with the controls, they're gonna pause to head to the main menu and instead of having to back out entirely, find the handy option right in front of them...unless you're (a general statement, not about you) the type to customize your controls the moment you try a game for the first time before trying the default controls.

Sagar Asthana likes this.
  9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @metalcasket I mean, it’s fine if you want to tweak the controls during the gameplay, of course, but I personally like to adjust my settings before I start to play. Or after I try. Taking my time. If nothing else, it wouldn’t hurt to have this option in the main settings as well. But it’s a nitpick, nothing major. I’m just asking for reasoning not to include it everywhere possible.

10. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    Any idea when this update might come to the android play store? @elanaibaKHG

11. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I am glad to see problems being fixed, even though many of the problems could of being rooted out with some testing. Now I can properly crouch when I want to, and don’t have to restart only because of unintended gears.

Now, where is da Jump button!? The

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the button customization options! All I did was move the d-pad one notch to the right and it made a huge difference. Just beat two more missions in a only few attempts with no more frustration.

What a truly excellent game this is.

13. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    #253 elanaibaKHG, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Now you have to remember that in the end we are a small indie studio with limited development capability (and testing capability). It shoudn't necessarily matter - your money is just as valuable regardless of if you buy an indie or a huge game - I'm just saying our development speed is sometimes limited. And factor in working from home conditions these days (kids jumping on one's head, limited comms between team members, devices spread out) and you get a certain suboptimal picture.

Crashes and bugs we should have caught, but adjustable interfaces are a feature we didn't think was needed, but accommodated to serve better based on your feedback.

We'll be looking at jump as well as Fergie's roll, be sure about it, as well as controller support.

Re - the controls adjustment being just in-game - its actually much faster to implement this way instead of loading all the needed stuff in a whole different part of the code. Also tweaking makes more sense when actually playing - adjust-play-readjust is the way.

Thank you all for your patience!

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No one's forcing you to come and mingle with us, yet here you are on a constant basis, not only interacting with everyone who reaches out, but both considering and accommodating our requests in an incredibly prompt fashion. I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you for going above and beyond.

15. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Small update issued on ios due to a nasty crash that affected some languages.

16. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Working on that too; lately their validation is kinda slow but hopefully this time it will be quick.

17. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    @elanaibaKHG hey guys, bad news, the game doesn't work anymore for me, it crash on startup, i've tried to reinstall it but nothing changes.

need a fix, please!

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This?

19. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    Ok, Thanks! :)
    I just love this game! You guys are the best❤️

20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    @elanaibaKHG new patch? still can't see it on appstore...