Apple TV Disney Infinity 3.0

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by iPadisGreat, Jan 1, 2016.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Anyone else playing this premium title on ATV 4? I find that some Toy Box games don't work properly when I download them.

For example, there was one with Ashoka going to kill Dark Vader who is apparently on a planet to assassinate someone, but after I kill him, he just respawns after some time and the mission never ends.

Another one is the Marvel Race Toy Box game download where I get to the track and the race doesn't start at all.

Is that common for Disney Infinity 3.0 Toybox games or am I doing something wrong?

2. lucky4u1986

lucky4u1986 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I also has the same problem with Disney Infinity, so i just quit the game. i have try to solve it but get no solution for it.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Wow that's a bit extreme. After all the rest of the game, the playsets, expansions work fine. I just haven't delved into making Toy Box games yet so I haven't been able to troubleshoot the problem.

It does seem like we have the Wii U port of Disney Infinity 3.0 because I can only have 4 player races in the Speedway expansion while the current gen consoles all have 6 player races. Not sure if that is the cause of the bugginess.

iPadhascompletedtheStarWarsPlayset

4. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    I recently picked this up as well. The Star Wars content is pretty fun. For experienced gamers, it's basically a low-difficulty brawler/third-person platformer, but the real gem is that it's easy to pick up for novices and supports simultaneous cooperative play. Simply because of that, I'm able to dedicate a lot more TV time to it since anyone can join in.

For me, I've had no problems with the packaged play sets or characters, and even the Toy Box Takeover expansion set works fine. I have, however, also had issues downloading some of the player-created content. Often the camera is pinned to ludicrously unusable positions, or the logic goals don't trigger when you accomplish some task. That part is frustrating. Still, there is a lot of first-party content and I'm able to create my own toy box stuff, so I've been having a good time with it.

5. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    Nice to see a new post by Carter covering this game on the front page! I'm happy they're going to release a new Star Wars playset, that's been the best thing about Disney Infinity so far, in my opinion.

6. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    #7 zebe, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Bad news for ATV Disney Infinity fans. The update supporting the new Marvel Battlegrounds content (and all 2016 figures) isn't shipping on Apple TV. Weirdly, Disney never announced this officially... just mentioned it on Twitter. So if you're like me and bought Battlegrounds and a Marvel figure or two expecting them to just work because they're labeled 3.0, you learned they don't by starting up the game and getting a vague error message about needing to connect to the Internet to download an update (there is no update).

https://twitter.com/DisneyInfinity/status/713398447643181056
    http://toucharcade.com/2016/03/30/disney-abandons-disney-infinity-3-0-for-apple-tv/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6XSJmCblxc

7. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
  8. babaroga73

babaroga73 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Woww, to discontinue the whole Disney Infinity , that's a bold decision .... Childrens toy shops are full of games and figurines from this, even here, in Serbia... Anyways, it looked very good, glad that I didn't buy any of it.

9. JasmineJasmine

JasmineJasmine New Member

May 11, 2016
    manager
    US
    I recently read that Disney Infinity is dropping support for the pc version of Disney Infinity 3.0. Why leave pc gamers in the dark like this? I play DI Primarily on my pc and I was excited that the Zootopia characters were coming to DI, well I went out and bought the Nick Wilde figure for the webcode only to be very disappointed after redeeming the code that I cannot play as Nick on the pc version. I enjoyed playing Disney Infinity on pc but now since they are leaving pc gamers in the dark by not adding the Zootopia characters or any future characters and content, then I'm afraid to say that I am no longer playing Disney Infinity nor am I going to throw any more money away on content for this game unless this content is added to the pc version.
    So I'm only leaving a bad review for the reason being that they are dropping support for the pc platform as I really wanted to play as Nick on pc only to be very disappointed that I cannot play as Nick on pc after I already bought the figure and redeemed the code.

10. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    They're discontinuing the whole game... not just on PC! :(

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I've never tried toy to life games before.
    As DI 3.0 is discounted heavily on Amazon here in France, I bought the Xbox One starter pack for 25€ and a few SW figurines for 5/6€.

My kids are a bit too young for that now, but I'm hoping it will be fun playing it with them later. Just hoping the software will still work though.

12. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    It is fun, but you're very brave, buying it now. I feel like it's only a matter of time before Disney shuts down the online support, and then, who knows how long it will continue to work :(

13. While these quibbles detract from the overall experience, to linger too long on the negatives is to miss just how much value and content is on offer in the Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack. It’s an experience with considerable polish that will introduce many young players to Star Wars franchise for the first time. Equally it will re-connect many parents who remember the original trilogy to the more recent joys of Rebels, Clone Wars and Episodes I, II and III.

14. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #15 vicsark, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Yep, I'm impressed by the huge content in the toy box and ambition behind it.
    Bought a few more adventures from 3.0 @12€ and figurines between 5 and 6€ on Amazon.
    I wasn't expecting this game to be so enjoyable and full of stuff. Quality of the toys is very good also.
    My kid loves playing with me on the Xbone, putting stuff in the House, etc...
    Well worth it if you have young kids (5/6 y.o. To 12 or more), a console and you find the starter pack below 30$.
    Just hoping they won't close the servers too rapidly :(
    Such a shame... Although I wouldn't have tried it if it hadn't been discontinued lol