Universal [DEV BLOG] Derendal: Idle RPG Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by izzydev, Dec 13, 2018.

1. izzydev

izzydev Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Male
    #1 izzydev, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Hi,

Finally I made the decision to start this devlog and share with you my current progress.
    I will try update it every week until and of development.

ABOUT THE GAME:
    Derendal is a mobile idle rpg game. First you create your character, and after that start exploration . Every step gives you experience . You may spend it by upgreading your skills.

Exploration description are generated randomly, so you never know what you will found in next :)
    Currently Exploretion mode is working well, and player can upgrade skill by collecting exp.

Game will be released on iOS/Android and Kongregate.

DEV BLOG UPDATES:
    WEEK 1
    WEEK 2

This is how game look like right now:

Gameplay/Exploration Mode
    derendal_forum_gif_1 (3).gif

2. izzydev

izzydev Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Male
    [WEEK 1] Level Progression and Mixtures
    Hello,
    In this week i added hero level progression to the game. Now, your new skills unlock when you will promote your hero on next level. Field with hero experience was moved on the center (this is the most important thing in idle game :p ) and now it has max capacity (you will have possibility to increse it by level up skill connected to it ).

Next to exploration description you will see reward for this step.

Additionally I added Beta sign up form -If you are interested in the game, sign up :)
    This week progress gif with changing
    Dec-18-2018 17-12-16.gif

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Sounds great signed up

izzydev likes this.
  4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    When will invites be sent

5. izzydev

izzydev Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Male
    I plan start closed beta in the second week of January. Of course, all the time I will update the progress in creating the game here :)

6. OkyOky

OkyOky Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Good luck

izzydev likes this.
  7. simpleyuji

simpleyuji New Member

Dec 25, 2018
    What was your inspiration for the game? Also noticed that the texts are in polish. Are you planning to do a softlaunch there first?

8. izzydev

izzydev Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Male
    #8 izzydev, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    I really like play rpg and idle also, so I wanted to combine this to in one :) I saw a lot of idle games with small rpg mechanics but mostly you collect heroes in it, instead of owning one. My inspiration was old RPG games like Baldurs Gate , and paper version of Dungeons & Dragons and Warhammer where you must use your imagination. Explorer mode in Derendal works like a simplified version of D&D description made by Dungeon Master (at least I hope it will sound like this: P ) where you will see only description of your hero step(This descriptions are generated ).

Is a one man project so I really hope that I can give a little bit of the spirit of these experiences.

I definitely want to soft launch this game to test all mechanics on bigger group of peoples but where it will be I frankly don't know :)

9. izzydev

izzydev Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Male
    [WEEK 2] New Explorer Step Type and Skills
    In this week I added new step type - Treasure. Every time you explore location you have chance to find secret treasure. When you open it you can get additional gold and silver.

Another added feature was SEARCH. Now you can additionally search in every explorer step and get more experience for it.

In the beta version of the game you will have 18 skills to skills to upgrade. Every skill is unique and in some way speeds up gaining experience.

Additionally I added more step descriptions and new icons.

Current Gameplay:
    Dec-29-2018 14-40-01.gif

All Skills List:
    Dec-29-2018 14-47-02.gif

In the next week I finally start work on translation system and translate all polish texts on english :)

10. TigerrrUppercut

TigerrrUppercut Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Aug 8, 2016
    Mobile Marketing, Monetization & Community
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Signed up, looking forward to checking it out!

izzydev likes this.
  11. izzydev

izzydev Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Male
    [WEEK 3 and 4]
    Sorry for big delay in updates.
    In week 3 I focused on translation system - from now all preview gif will be sent with english texts :)
    Also i added Book Mechanic - after discover and read it you additionally power up connected skills .

In week 4 I added game map with first locations. All locations are unique and have dedicated explorer steps, treasures, traps.

I next week I will focus on inventory system and items ;)

Current Gameplay:
    GIF_1.gif

GIF_3.gif