Universal Dandara (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 5, 2018.

1. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Or use the
    Pearl of Dreams
    and
    teleport in from another campsite
    after flipping the switch to do it without dying. Not sure it really matters.

2. toofinedog

toofinedog Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I found a use for the Memories Shaft. There’s a room in the final area called “No Pain, No Gain” with an inaccessible chest. Just don’t kill yourself.

3. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    Just found a better use. It’s basically the Bubble Lead/Top Spin of this game.

4. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Right. IIRC there's also a chest somewhere in the Dream Lands that's inaccessible unless you use Memories Shaft to injure yourself mid-leap.

5. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    I’ll have to look for that if able. I updated to iOS 11, and the game no longer quit on me in the boss room leading me to being able to complete the game. It was always laggy for me in the second-to-final area before, but now it’s laggy everywhere. I was in the Dream Lands because I have 100% exploration and 90% chests. I know I skipped a couple chests in there, but the slow down was horrendous and got me killed. I emailed the dev through their website before I plunged into the battery-draining waters of iOS 11, but they haven’t replied.

I just realized there’s another place in the final area along the lower-right edge where the memories shaft might be useful.

6. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    By the way, did you go back to the locked room in the Village of Artists by the telescope? Very anticlimactic.

7. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I didn't. What happens?

8. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    There's a bunch of hacks for the Memories Shaft, so long as you don't mind losing some health. Pretty neat, not sure if they're all intentional though.

9. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    Pretty much nothing. There is a projector displaying your completion time and percentages. I went there before I had 100% chests but went back with 100% exploration/chests, 9 of each of the health and energy refills, and 6 arrows (which I assume is the max based on collecting all the chests), and nothing changed. Weird that’s all it was when you get the option to display those stats in the options after game completion.

10. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    MFi Controller Support or Not?

Anyone answer this question please?
    Does the iOS version support MFi GamePads? Steelseries Nimbus etc..

11. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It looks like the first discount will be coming soon. ;)

12. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    When?

13. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Oh, I just confirmed that the price was discounted. It's $ 9.99. Thanks for the heads up. :)

14. brantkings

brantkings Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game dev
    Brazil
    Hey guys! Dev here! Patch 1.1.4 is LIVE! And it fixes most issues talked about in this thread! iCloud, inverting touch controls, no vibration for MFi controllers, and much, much more!

Here's the full change log: https://toucharcade.com/2018/06/07/dandara-update-will-add-map-rotation-and-icloud/

Sorry for the delay, but this patch snowballed into a lot of features!

Yes it works with it!

sebgo likes this.
  15. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Thanks! I beat it (100% took a lot of time to find all chests ) about one month ago, tho. I played it in brazilian portuguese because I thought it'd help some more with the mood in the game and it really felt great.

Looking forward to more of your projects. I actually like Magenta Arcade a lot, too, so maybe it will come back someday?

Parabéns para vocês!

16. brantkings

brantkings Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game dev
    Brazil
    #136 brantkings, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Yooo! 1.1.5 is live!

That brings minor changes and pretty much make the experience a little bit better and more fun for everyone by changing level design, enemy AI, and whatnot. Not many new features! It is made with a newer Unity, so that can potentially removes some bugs if you're experiencing weird ones as well.

About Magenta Arcade, thanks for the love! I think the game is back there again, just the demo isn't out yet, this and any other problem we'll try to fix asap. :)

sebgo likes this.
  17. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

That's amazing, maybe it'll feel a little different in a new playthrough? I really like Dandara a lot (o mundo do Sal é muito maravilhoso! >__< ), so I'll probably dive back in from scratch!

I kept an old iTunes folder backup that includes Magenta Arcade's IPA installer, and thankfully it runs on 64bit iOS! ;)
    I was lucky to have it, because it doesn't show up on my purchases list.

Thanks for the heads up on 1.1.5!

Muito obrigado =)

18. Ubu

Ubu Member

Jan 21, 2011
    There is a scythe-wielding boss in the “Intention Square” room that floats in the air and then dives at you.
    I’m thinking there might a bug preventing the boss from being beaten...?
    I’ve seen walkthrough videos in which the boss is hit with a few missiles, blows up, and then the laser bars blocking the exit open.
    I’m currently upgraded to Level 24, so I have *plenty* of endurance and energy.... And I’m hitting the boss with more than ten missiles, etc. But it’s having no evident effect. It looks very different than the cakewalk I’m seeing in the walkthroughs.
    Is this a bug, or does anyone have other thoughts?

19. brantkings

brantkings Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game dev
    Brazil
    Hey, I've answered your email!

My advice is patience. Do a bit of damage, and wait for him to attack. Just pay attention to when he does something. Evade him and repeat. You'll soon be able to do it!

By the way, every time you hit it and it flashes red, you are definitely doing damage. If it doesn't, then it is a bug. The thing is, we never encountered a bug like that on any platform.

Good luck!

Oh and everybody saw that Dandara is now $5,99 right? It's a good time to pick it up!

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Damn. I saw that my version on Steam was updated, and the beginning of the game was WAY different from what I rememberered.
    So I decided to check and see if the iOS version got an update as well.... 3 weeks ago!!! Woo!!!
    So I... reinstalled it and was hoping to see this new version that the Steam edition had been updated to....

Unfortunately..... it.... is not.

='(

Hopefully the iOS build gets the same treatment that the PC version received sometime soon.... if at all....

<sigh>

Ever since I bought a USB controller and started diving back into PC games about 3 months ago.... I've been noticing how many developers just.... don't seem to care as much about their iOS builds.
    It's a real shame... and it's really starting to turn me off of iOS games.... which I never thought would happen.

After 10 years and just as many trying to advocate for mobile gaming.... it's just.... it seems like it's not worth defending anymore.
    =/