Universal Cally's Caves 2 (by Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 30, 2014.

1. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Jordan, I beat it woo!! That was so fun!! I really enjoyed and glad I made it all the way through! To my suprise, didn't have a lot of fails..except..jumping into a swarm of enemy bees that knock me into the lava or my favorite..The Heavy( btw I love this enemy animation it looks so awesome) shooting me right into a pitfall but overall I really love this game and plan to get all achievements but GUYS YOU MISSED ONE AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT TO PUT IN: Max out all your weapons. That would have been an awesome one. But as I said, this is a great gem that shouldn't be missed and if you guys plan to make CC3, I can't wait!

P.S: Now that Cally parents are saved, PLEASE TELL THEM THAT HER DAUGHTER NEEDS SWIMMING LESSONS ASAP. Thanks :)

2. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    HAHA!!! Yeah they should really sign her up for swimming lessons eh... So yes I can definitely confirm there will be a Cally 3, we are in the early design stages of it now... 1HK0 will be back with his awesome art and original Cally's Caves artist Dave is returning to help with level design and music. It's going to be bigger and better with lots more focus put on the weapon levelling system, as well as new RPG mechanics like pets. We also want to revamp the map system and obviously refine the movement/combat mechanics. And we will put in lots of new bosses, enemy types, and DEFINITELY an achievement for maxing all guns :D we will definitely keep the Toucharcade community posted! But everyone here that liked Cally 2, we appreciate your support and trust and we are going to provide you with an even better experience in the next year :D

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    So you're already working on the sequel? Thats good news but does that mean there won't be an expansion pack for Cally's Caves 2? I would be happy to pay for more weapons, stages, bosses etc.

4. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012

Dude that sounds so amazing! I can't wait!! Woo and pets?? Dude, you, 1HK0 and Dave are one epic trio. Seriously. I was looking at my Battlefield 4 game and then Cally and I was like nah lemme play Cally Caves 2. I support you guys 100%! And Cally better have swimming lessons so I don't have to see that daring game over screen!! :p

5. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    We are in the early design stages of the seuqel :D
    We are currently working hard on the Cally's Caves 2 update, we aren't sure if it's going to actually have a content expansion or just be bug fixes and a few more levels... Odds are though we are not going to charge for anything in this game but rather make a new one and charge for it or something... We are working on figuring that out.

Thank you so much iSupah! Yeah you can definitely look forward to more cally titles in the future, we feel like we have a good thing going here :D

6. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Took me 6.5 hours to finish, max all weapons, and get all the achievements. Defeat 100 turrets was my last one, couldn't find a significant grouping of them so I kept killing the 2 at the start of 63. Now I think I'll go over the levels to see if I missed anything. Great game!

7. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    I'm having saving progress problems, I think. Everytime I play the game I start on the first level. I'm playing on an iPhone 4 with some lag, (I know that on the description says that iPhone 4 is not well supported. Maybe is that?

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    That's normal. Just tap on the head button up top to bring up the pause menu. From there you can access the shop and map- where you can select the level you want to go to.

9. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the advice Matt, you are indeed correct that the map from the pause menu will take you to any level you've visited before :D Thanks for playing! that's actually a super fast time to 100% everything!

10. TeeDubya1975

TeeDubya1975 Member

Jul 9, 2014
    I absolutely love this game, but I have one question and forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere. Every time I enter a level or the pause menu it displays all of my GC achievements. Is there any way to stop this? Obviously bought the poison bullets and gems. Best platformer I've played for iOs. Great job. At level 96!

11. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    TeeDubya thanks so much for playing and enjoying the game! We are currently working on it, and it seems to be an issue with our code not registering the gamecenter achievements over cell signals and weaker wifi signals, where it takes a few seconds to register the achievement. This is totally my fault, and wasn't happening using the test gamecenter achievements so I never caught it. The best fix we have at the moment is playing on a really good wifi connection so the achievement registers quickly, otherwise it comes back again and again until it does register.
    I'm sorry about the gamecenter bug, but we are super glad to hear you are enjoying the game, and we are very thankful to you for supporting us! We will work our butts off until the update is ready, and again I apologize for the inconvenience about the pop-ups, that is 100% my fault with my code.
    Jordan

12. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Thanks, dude!

13. TeeDubya1975

TeeDubya1975 Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback, I'd say it's not your fault, but mine for not having a Wifi connection :p Looking forward to updates and of course CC3! Time to go back and get the first one! Great to see devs so interactive with the people who play their games. Keep up the great work!

14. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    We will definitely do our best! Thanks again for playing Teedubya :D

15. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
  16. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012

4/5!! Not bad man! And over 33,000 players! Dude, this little gem of a game deserves all the praise! I'm sure you guys are happy to see this support!

17. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks iSupah! Yeah we are totally blown away with how the app is doing, Apple featured in the "New" section of a couple categories in Canada and the US and then Toucharcade gave us 4/5 stars. We are so grateful to them for having a look at our game, and helping spread the word about a game from a previously unknown team. We cannot express enough how cool it was to see a review of our game on a site we've both read everyday for years. A big thanks to everyone that posted here and helped get our name noticed! And thanks again to Shaun Musgrave, Eli, and everyone at TA.

18. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    @jordanfwc

Hi, I hope this hasn't been mentioned already (search brought up nothing). But I was wondering if it would be possible to keep the current song playing in-game from changing when I pause or check the map?

Not sure if this was a design decision or a memory issue but it is bugging me. I think it would be better if the current song kept playing, even if you pause/check map/shop, until the end before switching to the next one.

The music is really good and I hate that sometimes I need to pause or buy something in the shop and it just immediately changes the music. Please consider. =) Thank you very much.

19. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Noted! thank you for the feedback :D

20. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    music stuff

Hey Cecil, we also have most of the soundtrack on our Soundcloud, and the whole soundtrack available for 3 bucks on Bandcamp!