Universal Blood Roofs - (by Gamesmold)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 9, 2012.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Hm... lolwut!? :D

Thanks for the response (and rather weird technical problem). I hope the upgrade will fix the issue even for jailbroken users as I doubt many/any will update to OFW.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Go to the store on the main menu, you can upgrade them three times.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    5th in "story" mode leaderboard with more than 4.000.000 points :D

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Unlocked and played using Jane, and there arent any ammo drops. Im sure this isnt intentional because it wont let you kill any bosses.

I'll try a few more games with Jane before going back to Catherine if there really is no ammo drops for Jane.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Fu**, number 1 in High Scores (Survival) and Distance Run (Survival), and number 2 in High Scores and Distance Run, and I only bought the first upgrade of the wings. :eek::cool:

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Somebody mentioned Lovecraft? Hmmm... going to check this out, the monster design is quite unique. I am not that much into Endless Runners, but this looks different.

Just too bad that SEPULTURA hasn't written the soundtrack for it... Roofs, bloody roofs..

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #108 Ayjona, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    Thomas, is there any hope of a touch-only control scheme? A simple two-way stick/slider/2 arrows on the left side, with jump and shoot placed together on the right, would do wonders for those of us who simply CANNOT enjoy (or control :) ) a game with tilt alone.

Blood Roofs is truly and honestly amazing. However (and this is in NO way criticism, as I am aware most players probably do not suffer from this smartphone age handicap ;) ), I simply cannot work with tilt controls. I have tried, time and time again, in excellent games said to feature the most intuitive and natural of tilt implementations, but I cannot seem to enjoy a game unless I'm rubbing grease all over that little screen, and the same goes for Blood Roofs (though of all tilt games, this is the one I can enjoy the most in spite of the tilt controls).

I realize this option might be time-consuming to implement, but I think I (and the others who feel like me, of which there might not be a rabid horde and dominant majority, but at least a few more, here and there, dispersed in small cells of tilt resistance across the globe) would rather have just an acceptable touch-only scheme, than to live life on the tilting plane.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wow... the more I play, the more I'm loving this game!!!

It's actually one of only a handful of games that feels just right playing with tilt controls on my iPad... I even prefer playing on my iPad opposed to my iPod. I'm also getting a lot more comfortable with the camera angels, and think I might prefer them this way.

BTW, that huge 4 legged spider-lookin thing (name starts with a T), badass! =oD

Also, I finally unlocked Survival Mode... is it exactly the same, minus extra lives?

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    And endless, and I think that there aren't any bosses. I haven't unlocked it yet.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Haven't unlocked it yet, but was wondering the same thing. The game is already endless so I was curious to know what the difference was.

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The main game mode isn't endless.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Guess I haven't been fortunate enough to get to the "end" yet.

14. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Great game, having some fun with it so far! Really though, Blood Roofs is one of the worst names I've heard for a game in a while!

15. Gamesmold

Gamesmold Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Well, you never know what may cross your path... ;)

16. Gamesmold

Dec 11, 2010
    Oh yes, there are! Of course.

But - :D - if you unlock Jane right away and play your very first game on the device with *her* - before completing the tutorial with Catherine - *then* there are no ammo drops for this game.

Once you completed the Tutorial with Catherine, ammo is there.

Sorry, it took me some time to reproduce this... Will be fixed in the next update.

By the way: Thanks a lot for your profound feedback!!! Really appreciate this.

Best,
    Thomas

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #117 Greyskull, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    There is an important gameplay element that I think many here seem to be unaware of. The floating red-orangish orb monsters yield a power up when killed...it can be an extra life or extra wing power (good for the current game only); it can also be a grenade or boost, which you can keep for future runs.

18. Gamesmold

Dec 11, 2010
    Yes, they are very important. And helpful.

19. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Did you manage to kill the Mausoleum Monster's eyes? On my best run I got far enough to confront...her, right :), 3 times. I killed her once and had 2 shots at her eyes but didn't pull it off. Best to save your grenades for latter bosses.

20. Gamesmold

Dec 11, 2010