Universal [Beta] Space Egg Ships (by Dabadu Games) - Spaceships built with Eggshells. What could go wrong?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dabadu Games, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Dabadu Games

Dabadu Games Active Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    Hi! I’m Jordi from Dabadu Games, a small indie studio near Barcelona, developers of “It’s Full of Sparks” a game published last January by Noodlecake and very well received here, in Toucharcade (here is a review by Rob Funnell: https://toucharcade.com/2018/01/18/its-full-of-sparks-review/)

We are now working in our upcoming title and, since we had a very useful feedback last time from the awesome people in this forums, we are searching again for beta testers :)

The new “thing” is called “Space Egg Ships”, here you have a little video:

To start testing the game just follow this link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/1m4Mro5A

You can give us your feedback directly on this thread.

Space Egg Ships is an arcade game with a fast-paced strategy layer that makes it easy to learn, but with an extra depth that will keep you engaged. With more than 100 handmade levels and various game modes, including a Challenge mode to compete against your friends.

Let’s Break Some Eggs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any kind of feedback will be very much appreciated, but we are specifically looking for:
    • Bugs! let’s kill them all! Freezes? Black screens? Strange Slowdowns?
    • User experience design is hard as hell. How do you feel playing this game? Is there anything that you find especially disgusting? (navigation, progression system, energy system…)
    • Onboarding. What makes you stop playing the game?

If you want to follow the development process, release dates or simply stay in touch, you can always find us on twitter https://twitter.com/dabadugames and facebook https://www.facebook.com/dabadugames/

Many thanks!

2. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Looking good already. Polished and original - a card puzzle arcade egg game!
    It’s well presented with some interesting graphics.

Completed the prologue and started chapter one. No apparent bugs, glitches or slowdown on iPad air 2 with latest iOS.

Playing the cards to centre screen works effectively, and I see many more interesting cards being unlocked. I don’t know if there will be an option to create my own deck or if deals will always be random.

Only reasons to stop playing are domestic obligations. Looking forward to seeing the later chapters.

Dabadu Games likes this.
  3. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    There are two types of cards, movement and "special" cards (weapons mainly). You can buy with the in-game currency the movement ones but the special cards are given randomly at every level up.

Looking forward to more feedback! Thanks for playing!

4. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Today I made numerous attempts to complete the secondary objective in Chapter one, level three - “Four in a Row” - ‘collect 5 ingots’. It’s hard to do and needs luck with the cards. Unsuccessful so far, though several times I’ve got within one space of the fifth ingot. Will try again tomorrow.
    I’m trying to complete all objectives in a level before moving on.

The ship I’m using has a 4 second slow motion ability but I can’t work out how to use it.

5. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    Maybe this one is shown too early.

The best approach is going first with the "3-right" card (discard all the "2-right" cards if needed, you'll not need them). Then, use two "2-up" cards (discard the "3-up" if needed), then use the "2-diagonal-left", then "3-left" and "2-left" (in any order) and then use the "3-down". From there, it depends on the cards left, but you must reach the end using the "up" or "diagonal" cards.

Good luck and be careful with the enemy egg ships!

Only to be sure: do you try to do all the objectives at once? Have you figured out that you can complete them individually in different rounds? You can try first to get one and then play again to get another one.

You can also buy more movement cards (with the in-game currency) to build a more powerful Egg Ship.

The 4-second slow-motion ability is automatically activated each time you use a card. There's a progress bar at the top of the screen that shows you the duration of that "bullet time" where everything is slower. It's useful to give you time to plan next move or dodge bullets.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Asp likes this.
  6. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    [​IMG]

We have updated the TestFlight version!

Thanks to your feedback we have corrected some bugs.

Besides this, now we have the "Challenge" mode online. Unlock all the Egg Ships and compete in the Leaderboard every day with a different one.

The top scores have prizes! Come back the next day to get them :)

7. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Thanks for the assistance in completing level three. It’s just habit that I try to do all the objectives before moving on.

I’m working on level seven of chapter one - Master the diagonal flight.
    I see there are now different shaped arenas in addition to more challenging turrets, which means having to think and play cards faster. It’s a matter of practicing to get used to this innovative system. I’m out of energy now which is ok. I can only maintain the necessary concentration for a few attempts at a time.

No sign of any bugs or technical issues. I’ve just seen notice of the update so will download.

8. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    It's a habit that I have too. We are both "completists", that's fine!

Yep! things begin to be more dynamic in the next levels, with turrets and bullets everywhere.

My main concern is that mix between a puzzle game and an arcade one. If you reach to unlock the Challenge mode, you'll see that this "fast response" is more needed and the game goes more by the arcade side. I don't know if mixing these two types of games will be ok. I like it, but I'm eager to hear other opinions!

Thanks again!

9. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    Do you want to know how it feels Space Invaders played with cards? Come on! Joint our TestFlight and use these cards!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    Thanks for all the awesome feedback you are giving to us!

We are preparing an actualization for the next week with this recap:

• Faster transitions; At first they are cool, but when you only want to play next level or repeat it again, the transitions are too long. We are working on it!
    • It takes too long to unlock the arcade cabinet (the challenge mode); We are making a brand new league to play with the fighter only. So, you’ll no need to unlock all the ships before entering the Challenge.
    • Bigger buttons! the clickable area will be bigger with the next update!
    • The gold drone will be able to break other eggs. We thought it was fun but seems that is not. The special rule for the gold drone, that made it more vulnerable than other ships, will be removed.

Don’t hesitate to give us your feedback! You can continue to doing this through the testflight email but you can also do this replying on this forum. Thanks!

For the new ones: Don’t be shy! Come aboard!

You can join the TestFlight here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/1m4Mro5A

Asp likes this.
  11. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    We made a huge update to the TestFlight!
    We have changed the control system and now you can "program" the egg ships with powerful combos. Join the TesFlight and give us your feedback!

https://testflight.apple.com/join/1m4Mro5A

12. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Really better like this :p

not chance for cancel a move ?

Dabadu Games likes this.
  13. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    Yeap! It's already on the works. We are working on a "cancel" with a little punishment: you'll can delete the combo but you'll lost the cards in it. I think that the extra tension that brings feels good. We'll update this next week. Hope you like it!

AltsKev likes this.
  14. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    oh yeah, good idea.

15. Dabadu Games

Nov 10, 2016
    Game Developer
    Barcelona
    Done and live! If you update the test flight, you'll see a little trash icon that cancels the combo. :)

[​IMG]

Thanks again for your feedback!

16. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Thank, ll try it :p