Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Confirmed for iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Firestar, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    I got a weird feeling this is going to be like "split-second" for the iphone.....

2. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Awesome! Next, we'll find out about COD: Black Ops on the iOS. That would blow my mind. Awesome news though. I also look forward to compairing this to MC2. The vehicles and the fact there's 5 different locations over 14 missions makes me think it's gonna be a close call...
    Good day for iGaming. :D

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    If they have destructible environments then that right there is enough to beat MC. If a game like this wants to be good though, it has to made not to caiter to older gen devices.

4. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Seeing this is Battlefield you should be interested in the Frostbite Engine which is technically more advanced than the Unreal Engine in supporting DX11 and destruction effects.

The geometry detail doesn't look too bad, but as others have said the textures and lighting could use some work. For the shadows, even Modern Combat 2 uses blob shadows so I'm not sure this is a huge setback.

5. Jayross

Jayross Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I am really surprised. I don't think we will get destructible environments like BC2 on consoles and pcs.

4 player multiplayer? It seems pretty weak.

Although I am looking forward to it, being such a huge Battlefield fan, but this just seems like EA is milking this franchise.

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Huh where did you got that "4 player multiplayer"?

7. ltcommander.data

Dec 1, 2009
    If it is only 4 player multiplayer than I'm inclined to think some amount of destructible environments are provided as a CPU tradeoff. Otherwise it would be outclassed by current iOS FPS.

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I step away from TA for 30 min. and this?! :eek:

Been playing BF franchise since the beginning, this is the best news I've heard all week!!!

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Very unexpected and very welcoming! I really hope they have a proper multiplayer implemented. :D

10. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yes let's hope they don't ruin the good name of BF on crap MP...

11. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I cannot believe that this game will include 14 campaign levels and multiplayer, from a long-established AAA franchise title, developed seemingly exclusively for the iDevice (meaning no other portable systems, so it is not a port of a PSP or DS game), and sell for 9.99 or less. Keep in mind that EA does support the iDevice more than any other multi-console dev, but still.

If EA actually sells what they are proposing here for $10, then they have lost their fricken minds. And if they try to sell it for significantly more than $10, they have still lost their minds. Either way, they've lost their minds. This is crazy. People would pay 39.99 for this game on the DS or the PSP, easily. Why the heck would you develop it only for the iDevice and sell it at 1/4 the price? I thought EA was in the business of making money.

12. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    why are you complaining

13. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    All his carefully thought out theories are falling apart. It's like when your mom tells you Santa isn't real. :( Brings back memories.

14. ltcommander.data

Dec 1, 2009
    Maybe Activision should pay attention to how well this does, seeing how they charge $4.99+ per multiplayer map. Capcom is another big name developer who have been very generous with free content updates to Street Fighter IV. Although if it was a DS or PSP game, wouldn't it have more missions than 14? Certainly 14 quality missions would be worthwhile for $9.99.

15. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I play Battlefield BC 2 for the PS3 every day. Although I'm excited about this news, I am highly suspicious that such an ambitious project could be finished so quickly. If the console version just came out in March/April, a mobile version would require more time to bake in the oven for a true Battlefield experience. I hope EA doesn't rush this just for the holiday season because in my honest opinion, Brothers in Arms 2 sucked pretty bad.

This should use the Unreal, Rage or some special engine that EA has been hush hush about for it to be really amazing. They shouldn't rush this with half-assed graphics, especially for such a popular franchise.

Call of Duty Zombies did a phenomenal job bringing a mobile version to the iphone, and though I still play it with the inclusion of Der Reise, the graphics are really out-dated for what could be possible. If the graphics can't even surpass a 1-year old game, it shouldn't be released yet.

16. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Please step away from TA for a week so that everything else we could potentially want announced ... IS. :p And Reckless Racing will probably come out that way :p

17. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Trust me it's hard enough to step away from TA for 30 min... A whole week?! IMPOSSIBLE!!! :p

Monday is my 2 year anniversary with TA... :eek:

18. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I'm on at least once every waking hour :p Often 2-3 times lol.

They better bake you a cake then.

19. MaxPancaKe

MaxPancaKe Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Will this support 2G?