Universal Barbearian (by Kimmo Lahtinen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Goliathon

Goliathon Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    First of all this game is amazing and I’m having tons of fun. The atmosphere and tidbits of flavor everywhere are on point.

That being said, I’m 5-6 hours in and feeling stuck. I’m 4 bosses in and only have one open portal (they come from the stars) which seems endless/suicide but makes a ton of money chaining 999+ combos. Also there is nothing to spend money on at this point, all shops seem out of stock and seems maxed at 72 followers.

Maybe I just need to power thru on this level but its a strange change of pace

2. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    It is rather odd given the way the game plays up to this point. But yes, you must power through this level. There are two others that you must also complete to unlock the final boss. The other two are easier. Best of luck. :)

3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    my guy kimho, buddy, pal, homie, family friend. ARE YOU PLANNING ON ADDING ADDITIONAL CONTENT BECAUSE I AM A FILTHY GREEDY SWINE WHO DEMANDS ADDITIONAL ARMIES TO DECIMATE, ADDITIONAL WEAPONS WITH WHICH TO DECAPITATE AND EMULSIFY MY ENEMIES, ADDITIONAL HACKS THAT EMPOWER MY BARBEARIAN TO VAPORIZE THE MASSES SURROUNDING HIM, AND PERHAPS AN ENDLESS ARENA IN WHICH MOBS CONTINUALLY POUR, BODIES PILING UP AROUND ME, THE CROWD CHANTING MY NAME "LINDA, LINDA, LINDA", ENEMY SOLDIERS FLYING EVERYWHERE, MY SOLDIERS CELEBRATING THEIR VICTORY BY DISCARDING THEIR WASTE UPON THEIR CORPSES....sorry....i really like your game man

A+

Baron Cappuccino and gimblll like this.
  4. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I’m up against the mega skull but keep getting killed. I can’t figure out what those crosses are for, anyone care to help me out with some strategy tips?

5. Goliathon

Goliathon Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Thanks! I managed to beat this and then the game! I wish I could keep going and amass a bigger army/keep upgrading my units, axe, etc. but no regrets!

gimblll likes this.
  6. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #106 dukat111, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    The crosses/pluses replenish your mana used for summoning your troops.
    I couldn't beat the skull until I figured that out. At first I thought they were health potions that were bugged.

Keep running around, grabbing the pluses and summoning your minions to fight the head while taking out the skull generation crystals. Never stop moving to avoid the skull landing on your head.

gimblll likes this.
  7. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

It's a bit too early to tell, it hasn't exactly been a huge success so I haven't really thought about the future much. Would be really fun to do some more end game style content, but we'll see.

8. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Just throwing it out there, but I also would be interested in additional content being added. :p

gimblll likes this.
  9. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    That's a real shame, one of the better games of the year, highly recommended to anyone on the fence.

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Completed the game after 12:30 hours with a 71% completion... I wonder what I'm missing - I think I rescued all the minions (and bought the max as well). I only completed one Cosmic Challenge so not sure if that's the missing % as it's still quite far from the 100% mark. I think I also bought all the upgrades and weapons. Hmmm. Gimblll: Feel free to spoil us with a spoiler alert to your post!

Anyway, this game is simply awesome! An easy 5 out of 5. I totally enjoyed it! I played on the default difficulty and I think it's all just tuned perfectly. The boss battles were tough but never unfair and never frustrating. The regular battles were epic, especially at the later stages when you've assembled a decent army. People who complain on lack of attack moves are just missing the point - the game is about enemy variety which is vast, and varied level layouts, and then the best way to tactically beat whatever is thrown at you. Loved it. Personally this is my favorite game of the year on any platform! (Yeah, I liked it more than God of War with its boring bell and vine puzzles etc.) This is non stop chaotic action that just gets better and better as more enemies are introduced and your army grows. It's a shame it's not getting more articles from game sites, attention it deserves.

gimblll and pathogen541 like this.
  11. Ostermi

Ostermi Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Hello I don’t understand one the buildings ! The one which talk about energy spirit ! What it does ?

12. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    The energy is used to summon your minions to help you in battle. :)

gimblll likes this.
  13. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016

Right? I cant understand why no one is talking about this game. It really is quite good and there is nothing like it on the app store.... I mean, 2d mass murder as a bear skin wearing barbarian?! Whats not to like?! I wish TA would give it a review.

gimblll likes this.
  14. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Well there are a few things you need to do. Start with completing all the Master Classes. Then there's a few secrets in the meta world. ;)

Thank you so much! (And everybody else posting messages like this!) Even though it's pretty clear by now that it's not going to be financially succesful, I'm so glad there are people having fun with it! Makes it all worth it. :)

I'm just really bad at PR I guess. I was too wondering why TA hasn't given it a review. They did give it that Game of The Week thing though and it's been #1 on the "Hot Games" list for a while (I have no idea what that means).

15. honeybadger

honeybadger Member

Sep 8, 2014
    This game is amazing! Makes me sad too that it’s not getting more attention.

dukat111 and gimblll like this.
  16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    That simply means that the game is getting a lot of posts in the TA forum.

gimblll likes this.
  17. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Yay, @gimblll TA has given a review of Barbearian!! :cool:

gimblll likes this.
  18. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
  19. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Hell yeah @gimblll!!! 5 stars!!!! Not surprised.... totally deserved

20. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I’m downloading Barbearian as I type. It looks like a really fun game.