Banner Saga $9.99 ---> $4.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by unlimitedfury, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Senile Felines

Senile Felines Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I bought this game yesterday on sale and it has not once worked for me. I've closed all other apps, restarted my iPhone 5S, and every single time I start up the app, it shows the company logo for 1/2 second before cutting to a black screen and staying there. I can still go to home screen or switch apps just fine, but this app isn't working at all.

I think I may have just wasted $5.

Do the devs frequent these forums at all? Is there any way to get a hold of them about this issue?

2. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I think you need 1GB free memory for it to run...

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Can someone tell me if this is more of a "game book" app? I'd like to get this but I have tried a well-reviewed game book app and am not crazy about the genre.

4. skeevs

skeevs Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Anyone knows if it plays fine on iPad 2? :)

5. truthiness

truthiness Member

Nov 3, 2014
    The game is more of a turnbased strategy game. The combat is very reminiscent of games like XCOM and Final Fantasy Tactics.

The story of the game follows the Oregon Trail formula - manage your supplies and deal with events as they crop up while trying to reach an ending destination.

So no - it's not really a gamebook.

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Can something go on sale that I don't own lol.. Btw 5 bucks is an absolute steal.. Even if turn based combat isn't your thing I still recommend this

7. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I wish it would drop over on the Amazon App Store too so I could get it there for my android tablet. Bigger screen and much higher resolution than my iPad mini so I'd prefer it there but they've not dropped it anywhere except for the iTunes Store yet.

8. CookingPie

CookingPie Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    well i don't know. i haven't bought it, though the graphics look gorgeous and the story sounds intriguing. i have looked at some youtube vids and there is nothing there that appeals to me. nothing there that gets me to say "oh i'd like to play that".

to me it looks a bit like chess - with it's turn based play mechanic and different characters with unique abilities, only a whole lot more complicated. i love playing chess, but that was a long learning process - to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each piece and how to use them together. but why would i want to start over learning all the strategies and strengths of the 'pieces' in this game when i can go play a good game of chess which i am already familiar with? of course, the story is the big incentive here. chess misses out on that.

question:
    does the banner saga start out simple and guide you gently through its play mechanisms or do you have to work them out for yourself?

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale again.

10. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    This game has amazing production values, a great story, brilliant artwork, and pretty good turn-based gameplay. $4.99 is really really low for such a great game. If anyone wants more information before they buy, I think that there are plenty of videos and reviews available on You Tube. Touch Arcade gave it a very positive review: http://toucharcade.com/2014/10/07/banner-saga-review/

11. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    End of the year sale!
    Missed it last time, but now it's mine. ;)

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Last time was for black friday... i think they forgot to put this on sale for that, so went with the sale now. LOL :D

13. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Still $10 for me.

14. veryggyy

veryggyy Active Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I like pc version ,more better than mobile ver. in control /operation!

15. SimonMagus

SimonMagus Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    This thing better be good, it cost me a whopping bucks.. ;)

Been waiting a long time for this one...