Out Now Asphalt 8: Airborne+ (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Discussion thread for original release: Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/asphalt-8-airborne/id1563005359

Asphalt 8: Airborne+

Gameloft
    400 MILLION PLAYERS CAN’T BE WRONG! TAKE A SPIN WITH THE FRONT-RUNNER AMONG MOBILE RACING GAMES! LEAVE GRAVITY IN THE D…
    Media
    Details
    400 MILLION PLAYERS CAN’T BE WRONG! TAKE A SPIN WITH THE FRONT-RUNNER AMONG MOBILE RACING GAMES! LEAVE GRAVITY IN THE DUST! • 250+ OFFICIAL SPEED MACHINES: Ferrari, Ducati, Lamborghini, McLaren, Bugatti, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Chevrolet… From bikes to cars, we got ‘em all! • HIGH-OCTANE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE: Race in real-time multiplayer action for up to 12 opponents & dare your friends to ghost races! • STUNNING GRAPHICS: Interactions between the vehicles, environments & tracks are a fully physics-based experience! • INTENSE ARCADE GAMEPLAY: Feel the thrill of gravity-defying racing across 50+ high-speed tracks! • WIN BIG: Participate in our Limited-Time Events to stack up amazing & exclusive rewards! • MASSIVE CONTENT DEPTH: 400+ career events, 1,500 car mastery challenges, 6 unique game modes, car collections. An endless stream of single-player content! • CUSTOMISE & UPGRADE YOUR RIDES: With over 2,300 decals, take down your opponents with style! Privacy Policy: https://www.gameloft.com/en/legal/asphalt8-apple-arcade-privacy-policy/ Customer Care: https://www.gameloft.com/support
    Information
    Seller:Gameloft
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Jul 27, 2021
    Updated:Apr 11, 2024
    Version:2.0.0
    Size:2.7 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Asphalt 8 with no FTP shenanigans? SIGN ME UP!

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Now the greatest question of all: can we transfer our progress from the original Asphalt 8 to this one? Lol, my guess is no, simply because it would be unfair in PvP against newcomers, but who knows...

4. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    I am intrigued to see how they change the game, so it no longer incorporates P2W mechanics.

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ

They are actually doing a lot to tweak the game…even to make it feel fresh and seasoned to veteran players.

(There is an interview with the developer on the ‘2nd’ best touch gaming site that explains these changes in detail.)

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks Donny! I've read the interview and am really looking forward to A8+. I guess I'll have to unlock all the content again, but I really feel wanting to do it (even with a normal A8 account with around 260 cars...)

7. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    This is coming tomorrow as well

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    1am here, for me it's out now xD installing...

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #9 VirtualBoyFreak, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Okay, here's my first impression: this is Asphalt 8 as we know it. Amazing. Now for the first tip, specially for people who, like me, come from F2P Asphalt 8.

1. You have Max and Pro improvements. I've just improved my Audi R8 e-Tron ATM and I've made my first mistake. BEFORE you upgrade your car towards Max, check how many free upgrades for that car you get in mastery and act accordingly. For example, in the Audi R8 e-Tron I've counted 19 free upgrades for this car (EDIT: it might have been 20, since the rest of the cars I see have 20), so you really just need to pay for the first level (from 0 to 1) for all 4 specs (plus one of them from 1 to 2 if there are 19, but I believe they were 20 and I didn't count well). The rest can be upgraded for free by playing mastery. EDIT AFTER 2 WEEKS OF PLAYING: all MAX upgrades can be done for free, since you only need 20 upgrades to Max out the car. I always upgrade speed 1st, nitro 2nd and then I upgrade acceleration & handling evenly until I finish the first 10 mastery races of a given car to Max it out completely. If the car is one of the new ones that need 220 cards to be pro'ed, I do 1st speed to level 4, then nitro to level 4, then acceleration to level 4, then handling to level 4, and then keep on going giving a bit of priority to speed & nitro. I've already got like 126 cars and this is the pattern I follow with all of them.

I've also upgraded 2 of the 4 Pro specs. In the e-Tron there's only 1 pro level for each of the 4 specs. Idk about the rest of the cars. The cards can be bought for a bunch of coins in the garage icon, which changes stock daily.

As for the game itself, there are many modes, many cars and a bunch of bikes. Multiplayer is not implemented yet, and I've unlocked the time limited events section, but there's none ATM.

I've had a quick check to the cars and the ones I'm missing from the F2P version are the McLaren formula cars, the McLaren X2 and a few cars which were already removed from the game years ago because of license issues (for example the Toyota Supra or all the RUF cars). I'm sure there's many more missing because I own around 280+ vehicles in the F2P version of the game, but there seems to be "only" 236 in this one. Maybe we'll get some cars in time limited events, who knows.

In any case, even though content might not be as large as the F2P version, there is A LOT, and also A LOT to be done in the game. Story mode with 9 seasons (yes, season 9 for Max cars is there :)), mastery races (15 for each car), motorbikes, a new mode which I haven't unlocked yet but seems like limited events to unlock even more things... There's so much to be done, that I can't wait for tomorrow to continue playing and see what's in here (3am here now, way too late to continue playing now, lol).

10/10 for me. This game alone justifies my subscription to Apple Arcade.

JasonLL, Skall and DonnyDJ76 like this.
  10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    So glad to hear it! It’s released here around 11:00

11. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    This game is still awesome! Looking fwd to the multiplayer

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    In the end I don't know how to add up... You don't need to buy any upgrades to Max the cars, since you get all of them (20) through the mastery, which is exactly what you need to Max the car from 0 to 5.

13. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Game is crashing on track Alps reverse - gate drifting - season 4

frustrating…

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, don't get too frustrated. I've already reported Gameloft that one and another 6-7 which make the game crash (season 6 has four races that make the game crash, including the Lamborghini Estoque race, so don't bother buying that car until Gameloft updates the game), as well as those impossible objectives (29 perfect sections? Destroy 4 cars in a drift race? Come on...). I reported them like a week ago and they sent my info to the devs & told me they're working on it. Hopefully we'll get an update soon. Meanwhile, just do the rest of the missions & mastery races.

Skall likes this.
  15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    So it's been 3 weeks since I reported the bugs, but there's no update fixing the issues yet... I wonder if we'll get the fixes before 2022. :(

16. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    same here… very frustrating…

17. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Ok I just finally downloaded this version and my question is do overheating issues still persist in the Apple Arcade version? I have the latest iPad Pro now but only the 8gigs model

18. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    And am on iPad os 15 public version

19. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    I tried asphalt 9 on my iPhone and boy it was a heater

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have it on iPhone 12, iOS 14.8 and I don't notice any overheating issues. I've been playing 3h straight and the phone battery went from 65% to 25%. I don't know if the overheating issue you mention is iPad Pro exclusive or not, but it's perfect here.

Skall likes this.