Universal Arcane Quest Legends (by Marco Pravato)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lordnedox, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Loving the game! Love the whole series really.

2. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Many thanks!

With the next update, translations will be included from the major languages, and some bugs will be fixed.

Further updates will hopefully follow soon :)

3. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Love this game. If you could add MFI its definately my GOTY.

fun....!!

4. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Help me out here, what is MFI?

5. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #25 Lull4by, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Made For iPhone (MFI), in this case I think what the user wants is the MFI Controller.

6. SuperSpooky

SuperSpooky Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Male
    I’ve been lurking on this site for years and I finally decided to make an account just to say that this game is fantastic. It’s what I’ve been looking for out of an action rpg on my phone: The controls are tight, it’s a ton of fun, there’s loot and leveling, the battery drain is nonexistent, and the price for the other chapters is more than fair. Great work, this is why I love mobile gaming.

Grungebob likes this.
  7. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    I see, so we're talking gamepad support here. I planned to take this into consideration, I wouldn't expect to be brought up an iPhone user though, it's normally an Android thing.
    I have one gamepad, and it might be compatible with iOS (it's called Steelseries something), so I will definetely look into this.
    BTW are we talking only controller for the game part (so there's still a touch screen for the menus), or fully controlled by the gamepad (e.g. connected to a TV, so no touch screen available) ?

Thank you, the only way to co-exists with those other giants in the store is to provide a honest product, I can understand that many other productions are way better (Dungeon hunter, Darkness Rises ..) but you're always worry when the game will start being too difficult unless you start paying.
    So thank you, and please don't forget to share and give a review, it's the only way to give it some visibility.
    Cheers

8. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    #28 Lull4by, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    As a controller player, I would say it is better to play the game with full experience, so the answer is the latter one if it is possible, but I can see there might be some limitations in the game, so if you can do the former one only, it is still a good result.

Maybe you can launch a gamepad-testing version on testflight and sent some invites to those players who have MFI controllers.

BTW I think the most important problem for me, is the hero can’t choose and lock on the nearest enemy sometimes, so the hero will keep attack the place without any enemy if the enemies move to another direction/place first.

9. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Congrats on the launch. Will check this out later today.

10. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    If gamepad only for game is more realistic im cool with that. Im an ipad with gamepad player so touching for menus is easy. But if full support is possible i know many like to sit back on couch and chill with gamepad and beer

11. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    The new update 1.0.7 is live in AppStore!

In this version:
    • New languages! Added full Russian and Italian translations. Added "draft" Spanish, French and German translations (quality may vary, especially for German).
    • Added ability to rotate the camera, dragging the finger at the top part of the screen (the location might change in a future update, for now it's the top 30% of the screen , in a center position).
    • Fixed a bug when learning a new skill, the skill button would appear very small.
    • Increased the distance of the “far” camera setting.
    • Increased visibility of potions on the ground.
    • Added a new "Restart quest" option while in the middle of a primary quest. Primarily to avoid getting stuck on a piece of terrain. Stats, XP etc. are preserved.
    I have done a few tests of gamepad support, and it seems doable, however for some reason my own gamepad reports a wrong value when idle, which I have to investigate. Anyways, I cannot guarantee anything at the moment.

As requested by many, focus is now in completing the adventure. Though initially 6 acts were planned, I don't think there would be enough contents to entertain for such a long span.
    Instead, only one big final fourth act will be developed, which will include pretty much all the ideas, monsters, bosses and story line. The Act will be available for FREE to those who purchased Acts 2 & 3 pack. I think this way is better for everyone involved.

This might take at least a few weeks. After that, I will open the poll to see what should be added: leaderboards, multiplayer, more missions etc.

Cheers
    Happy new year to everyone!

houseofg likes this.
  12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Fantastic game. Purchased both chapters, at an absolutely fantastic price given how Diablo-like this game is! Just wonderful.

Only minor flaw for me is how sometimes loot gets positioned where you can’t retrieve it. Small thing though. Oh and the difficulty seems to ramp up pretty fast.

But these are small things. Brilliant overall.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks for adding camera controls!

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    This looks like something i would love - a true premium mobile Diablo like! Just 3 questions :
    1) Is there world variety between acts?
    2) Does the loot and character skills progression design convince you to play just a bit more?
    3) Where can i find some gameplay videos of further distanced camera? This is too zoomed in for me.

Also to the dev: don't worry too much about these Darkness Rises etc F2P clones of each other. They offer flashy graphics, with 1-minunte stages and 99$$ packages. They are obviously very lucrative, but you made a game that clearly aims at a different kind of gamer and for that you have my honest thanks.
    If AQ is even moderately good, i would much rather buy it and support you for further efforts than all these clones combined, because i have often wodered how much would it take to port Diablo2 or make a smilar game for mobile, and why nobody does it.

decript likes this.
  15. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Hi,
    I'll answer what I can:

1. Yes, definitely. Though some areas are repeated in terms of assets (never in terms of design), there should be enough variety, especially with the third act been located on a desert area.

2. Players might help you there, in my opinion there's quite a bit of loot and skills in the game especially because you're not constrained by classes. As mentioned earlier, warriors have more armor and weapons options though (as it's in basically any RPG).

3. There are tons of videos on youtube, but I think they're all made with the previous update. I think you can just download the game (it's free after all) and try by yourself. You can play the whole first act without paying anything.

With regards to the other comments, this is just what gaming has become nowadays, especially on mobile. It's sad but a lot of people prefer watching games instead of playing them, and the flashier they look, the better.
    But still it's pretty cool that even solo devs have a chance to show what they can do, so it's not a bad market after all :)

Cheers

EDIT:
    Almost forgot, huge thanks to TouchArcade for making Arcane Quest Legends Game of the Week!
    https://toucharcade.com/2019/01/04/toucharcade-game-of-the-week-arcane-quest-legends/

ramzarules likes this.
  16. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeap, all the youtube videos are with the zoomed in camera.
    I will give it a dl and see for myself then! Hopefully my 6s+ battery will be ok since i read good things about battery drain above.
    Cheers and thanks again for making this!

17. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    There are still a couple of options in the game settings, to lower the quality or limit the FPS if the game was not performing as desired. At the lowest quality settings, though you lose real time lights and high res textures, the game should still be very playable and run smooth on basically any device (tested on 6 years old iPad and still going :) )

18. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Here are two solutions I thought for more precise fighting style like “archer” and “mage”, they worked for “melee combating” as well:

1. Drag the attack/skill button to aim, then released the button to attack, the character will lock and keep attacking the first enemy he/she hit.

2. Tap the enemy you want to just lock on it, then pressed skill/attacking button to attack, just like normal rpg games.

I am curious if these two ways are possible to put in the game, how do the developer think?

BTW, I think the rolling action need some work as well, it is just awkward at the moment I guess.

19. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Does this have iCloud saving?

20. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Well, I finished all the current content. Level 32. I have way too much gold and nothing to spend it on. I have so much gold, I’m not sure I could ever spend it all.

Skill points: I used all my skill points to just level up 2 skills to maximum, the healing skill and the area effect melee skill, and then mastery maxed on both axes and hammers.

The challenge was very easy, the bosses were very easy.

None of this is criticism, just observation in case the Dev is reading. These are all knobs that can be adjusted. I think more clever ranged bosses would really help. I could literally run around the map and let my companion whittle the boss down, and all I had to do was quickly atrack a couple of times. If my companion got killed, they would pop back up in 30 seconds and immediately attack again. That’s fine, but makes boss battles super easy. Companions shouldn’t pop back up as long as enemies are near.