Universal Angel in Danger (Mario 3D Land style platformer) by Sakis25 Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I'm really enjoying this. I got to admit now that I'm a few levels in, for as simple as it might seem, I'm dying a lot. Lol. It's really one of those great indie games that come around a couple times a year. Great job devs!!

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I was actually thinking this exact same thing today when playing. I had the wings and instead of dying I was wishing that I just lost that power up and could have continued playing.

3. sakis25

sakis25 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    I can work on an update for this.
    Also there was a bug some users experiencing that was causing to lose the final 3 stars. It will be fixed in the next update. Probably next week.

Also users who own the game please support the game and rate it on the App Store. 5 stars are very important to us.
    Thank you for your support.

4. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    I love the game, but I don't like the one-hit kills.

You could do it Sonic the Hedgehog style... and make it so you lose your rings if you get hit. That would still give you incentive not to get hit, because your score for the level would go down.

It would be nice if there were checkpoints before really tough platforming areas too. It's not fun to replay a long stretch of a level 20 times just for another chance to try jumping on a single tricky cloud.

Yeah, I know I'm arguing to make the game easier... and someone could argue just as strongly to make the game harder! But I think that maybe a game that looks as friendly as Mario should play as friendly as Mario.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Maybe checkpoints themself could be a powerup allowing users to employ them as they see fit in whichever area, if the powerup can be retained by not getting hit/dying.

6. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
  7. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
  8. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    It's a shame that most review sites don't edit their ratings after later updates have ironed out most of the reviewer's problems. Only example I can think of is Slide To Play's Mass Effect: Infiltrator review after EA changed the control scheme.

Anyway got this, but I've got a bunch of games I should finish first (Squids: Wild West, Paper Monsters, Aquarius etc.), as I don't want anymore half-finished games.

9. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    If anyone can PM me if they found all three stars on level 2-2. I'm going nuts. I found the 2 obvious ones but can't find the third. I'm starting to think there's a glitch and there is not a third. Thsnks in advance!

10. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    Let me give you a hint.

[​IMG]

11. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #52 heringer, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    I found the game to be a tad bland and uninspired, and the graphics are questionable by being so similar to Mario 3D Land, which makes it look like a copycat of inferior quality. Also, there are various elements that make the game seems a little amateurish.

It seems that the dev is listening and trying to improve though, so that's always a good thing.

ps.: on a more personal note, I hate when you need to hold a button to run in 3D platformers. I'm aware that's how Mario does it, but I never saw the point. It would be nice to have an "always run" option.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Have you played it ? Think its a really good 3d platformer, granted we may be giving it more praise than normal if there were other games like this on the app store but i cant think of many.

Its a bit like the Micromon game, i'm not a Pokemon fan so that just seems a cheap rip-off but others seem to like it.

13. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Of course I have played, otherwise I would not form an opinion about it.

I don't think the same apply to Micromon given that the latter is a very polished game with a distinct, well made artstyle that sets it apart from Pokemon. It actually looks better than most Pokemon games.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry just sometimes people go from just the screenshots

I think this game makes a nice change from the usual 2d platformers, it sounds like the dev is keen to make changes to please people so thats good to see an active dev. Look forward to updates and hopefully more

15. wakatanka

wakatanka Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Very nice, i love platform "the Mario Way", graphics is nice, maybe is too much inspired from Mario, similar enemies, similar environment, a little more personalization would be very appreciated, a very nice game thougth.

16. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Thank you

17. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    Next update will have some great new features and improvements.
    Controller support included!

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Didn't realize this was by sakis25. I was one of the early and vocal supporters of Extinction 3D. Such a nice little game. Anyway, went ahead and grabbed this. Time is short right now, but hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to try it and review it. Thanks for continuing to make premium iOS games and focusing on gameplay instead of payment schemes.

19. malaheart

malaheart Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Male
    Angel
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sakis25:

"I was thinking to make the player when he gets hurt to lose his power-up first then if you get another hit you lose a life.
    I need some more feedback on this".

Glorkbot:

"The hardest thing about the game is that when jumping it's really hard to tell if you're going to hit the enemy's head and kill them or just land right next to them and get killed yourself."

Poopyscoopy81:

"Great game! Controls are sweet. Wish you could double jump though and a life bar or halo bar would make the gameplay a bit more forgiving. Any plans for a checkpoint.

- - -

These are all good points in my opinion. I have always loved platformers, and this is a "good game" which with a few tweaks could make it a "great game".

Checkpoints (especially in areas where you could fall off the edge to your death), double jump (possibly), life/halo bar, lose power-up first then life - all good ideas. :)

I love the TA forum.

Thank you dev Sakis25 for your game and updates.