Universal Agent A: A puzzle in disguise - A spy themed puzzler (By Yak & Co)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TastyTadpoles, Oct 28, 2015.

1. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Please charge for it! I would hate to see you get stuck not getting paid for your work. Plus if you end up making it a few part series you'll have the option down the road of making the first installment free as a loss leader.

anyway, had a great time with it, looking forward to the next one.

2. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Maybe increase price when new content is added a la wayward souls?

Hope you got great sales dev
    Awesome game

3. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

Just finished it, and enjoyed it every bit as much as the trailer suggested I would. ^_^ Beautifully done! Loved the whole 60s vibe to the character and set design, perfect voice work, and puzzles that, for me, were just right - a challenge, but not bamboozling. (I admit I used my 5s' slow motion video function at one point, though =:)

I'm pleased there doesn't seem to be any way of getting stuck, through not having completed things in a specific order - that's a feature in some adventure games that can be ridiculously frustrating. Here, it's more a matter of tackling the problems as you encounter them, and eventually, it'll all fall together. And explode. ^_^

So, how about some animated adventures of Agent A and her nemeses.. ? I really enjoy this world you've set up. ^_^

4. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

Brilliant thanks @background. In part 2 we'll continue building the plot more as well!

Oh ok I'll have to suss that out in Broken Age, i didnt notice that! Thanks good tip!

Oh I am hoping sometime early next year. With possibly a couple of updates before that with some extra puzzles in part 1 if you do want to play through again!

Oh great @leocold thank you!

Thanks Max, very good tips! Yeah we dont have a big marketing giant behind us so we just tried to make something unique that would stand out on its own!

Oh good idea @collider, something we could definitely consider making part 2 paid with the first part free but if you already bought part 1 then you dont have to buy part 2! As long as we keep our original fans happy, that's the most important for us.

Oh boy you guys are full of great ideas. That's another way we could do it! So we increase the price when part 2 comes out which means if you already bought it then its a free update! I like that idea too.

Unreal! it's cool that you noticed things like the voice acting that we put so much time into perfecting.
    Oh yeah I know what you mean with those adventure games! Hahaha and explode lol.

Love that animated adventures idea hahaha! Or how about just a sweet comic book or something :)

5. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Just completed and I am sad now hehe.
    Fantastic game, it really is.
    Can't wait to see what else you guys come up with. More gadgets!

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Toi can support the dev more by leaving review on the appstore and your star here :)n###

7. Baracus

Done and done ;)

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I read there is a part 2 ?
    Is it out or have a release ?

9. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    By buying part 1 you're supporting them for the release of the part 2 :)
    Go for it

10. TastyTadpoles

Thanks Baracus, we have a heap planned! So many ideas for different puzzles and story directions. Was there any thing in particular you would like more of?

That would be great!

Legend... or if you spotted this text in the game Wedgend!

More missions arent out yet, we're just starting building them. Hopefully we'll have a small update out by end of year with a few more puzzles and then next year some bigger missions for you!

Thanks for all the support. Everyone who buys it is helping us make it bigger and better so thank you to everyone!

11. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    That's the thing i kinda feel feel guilty and use wife's account to buy agent A again, thanks for the great entertaintment

12. Baracus

Wedgend! <-- is that how Chinese would say it?

I suppose things like making some kind of machine or Heath-Robinson type bodged together solution for catching Ruby made from parts gained from other puzzles. (Like the telescope but much more elements). So the machine you are making is like the hub puzzle but to get all the components is (most of) the rest of the game.

Or some human interaction / conversation (not much) (NPC's), like setting up a trap situation to catch Ruby by making / giving an object to someone (but she still gets away anyway so the story continues....)

Having said that I do like the solitary 'me vs. the map' feel of part 1. There is often too much dialogue in puzzle games for my liking so it's cool. But more locations would be good purely because I totally love the 3D style you used (camera zooms, colour pallet... lovely!) and want to see MORE!

Thinking about it, the main thing missing was piecing together clues. I mean clues that lead to a step forward in the story rather than clues to solve a individual puzzle. I'm just rambling now :)

Maybe some more 'technical' puzzles would be good too. Using gadgets. Analysing blueprints / architectural plans / wiring plans. Modern day spying. Oh wait it's 60's isn't it! :D Well Bond still had some tools in the past didn't he? Stun Pen :)

If I were you tho guys I wouldn't waste too much effort retrofitting more puzzles to this part unless it's relatively easy (I doubt it is!). This game is perfect - focus on the continued story IMO!

On the 'improvements' side, I guess some of the puzzles were a bit too 'chicken feed trail' simple to follow to the answer. So maybe you could insert some extra steps to some of them in future (or in part 1 instead of adding totally new puzzles - for example the
    last puzzle when you plug the phone into the bomb, it's too obvious that number is to be dialled from the phone in the office - for me as the last puzzle that was an anti climax but maybe just because I was sad to finish the game hehe
    . But I guess you are wanting it to be less convoluted than a lot of P&C games can be which is cool!

The puzzle in part 1 that I enjoyed most was
    using the water flow to the water feature. Liked it because it used locations far from each other and a few steps to solve it.

13. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    I was on hiatus from touch gaming for awhile, besides Fugl nothing seemed to catch my attention.

This looks fantastic! Just from the trailer I gotapuzzle agent vibe. I'm with early adopters maybe getting the new content discounted, or maybe the price increase model, suggested before. Can't wait to play, cheers!

Where's Maglor's seal of approval?

14. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Loved this game! The art direction is top notch. The puzzles were smart and made sense. It was a short play through, but I do look forward to more chapters. I was stumped a few times but not enough to cause frustration. I'm curious if new chapters will be IAP's? Regardless, I do think this first chapter is more than worthy of the initial price. Well done!

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Are there any other games like this in App Store to hold me over til update

16. TastyTadpoles

Haha wow thank you!

Ok cool sounds like you like the story and would like to be a part of it a bit more. All good tips!

Haha @Maglor come back! Thanks I hope you enjoy it and it draws you back to touch gaming!

Great thank you. No at this stage we're thinking free updates if you've bought it. Things might change on the Appstore but we'll see how we go. We both always like to give more than we get so doing something nice for our fans is our number one priority!

Well one of my favourite games is The lost city by Firemaple games. Definitely recommend! And also the classic "The Room" by Fireproof. Can't go past that one!

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=274255][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274347][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274304][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274467][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274328][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274330][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274263][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274149][​IMG][/thread]

Agent A: A puzzle in disguise

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Oct 29th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Honestly, i haven't checked back if something's changed, but you get some bad ratings due to a not transparent description that this is only the first (and short for some) episode. You should change this quickly.
    Swiss app store here.

19. TastyTadpoles

Oh fantastic, thank you for nominating us!