Universal Adventure To Fate - Dungeons [Dev Blog]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Touchmint, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    ThirdMoon likes this.
  2. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Hey I appreciate the shout out. Unfortunately I think iOS 14.5? Broke some features in the original game which is why it got some poor ratings. After I finish up this project and get things under control I’ll likely go back and fix whatever it broke if possible. This current game “Future Arena” took forever to write because I basically rewrote 3/4ths the game engine. The good news is I can now basically plug in the originals database files and I’ll have a fully updated HD multi platform fully accessible game.

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys officially 5 days until release (6/17/21) I just wanted to do a bit of a class preview for those who want some extra info or just are not sure what class they want to start with.

This game features 12 classes (10 at release). 3 of the classes are brand new (Savage, Alien and Zombie). The rest of the classes are mostly from Quest to the Future and reworked/balanced for this game. There are a few others from Quest to the Core.

That said I will be touching on the first new class here: Savage!

Savage was really fun to make and a little hard to balance but played right can be one of the most powerful classes in the game. I was able to do a few builds along the way that allowed me to beat the game with no deaths pretty easily. I wont give too much away in how I played them and let you guys figure them out.

That said here are their skills and you guys can decide how to play them.

First off Savage works a lot like ranger in its passive abilities. They get a 1.5x pet bonus which means whatever passive pet bonus your pet has your Savage character gets 1.5 that. So pick your pet wisely they really get a big advantage there that is sometimes overlooked. Combine a good pet bonus with the Savage strengths and youll be set.

Now on to its passive abilities:

Savage uses medium weapons (daggers/hammers) as well as medium armor (leathers). While they wont have top armor or top weapon damage they will have a good amount with the right equipment. Savage have rather average starter stats along with the highest starting hp. This plays into their abilities that focus on life steal which we will get into next.

The Savage active abilities are as follow:

Savage Slash - A physical attack that leeches hp.
    Pet Mastery - A passive skill that enhances pet abilities.
    Consume - A damaging attack that absorbs remaining hp and restores stam if a killing blow is dealt.
    Bandage - A minor healing spell.
    Decaying Spit - A debuffing skill that drains life : 25 HP every round.
    Freakout - An attack that damages all enemies with a chance to stun and confuse : 20 percent.
    Blood Thirst - A buffing skill that raises hp drain: 15 percent and strength: 5.
    Assault - A physical attack with a large random factor.
    Devour - A damaging attack that absorbs remaining hp and restores extra stam if a killing blow is dealt.
    Bludgeon - A debuffing spell that lowers enemy stamina : 1 and intelligence : 7.

The skills above are pretty self explanatory above but what I would really like to point out are the finisher type skills which are unique to the savage.

Consume and Devour are somewhat a gamble in that if you manage to kill your enemy you not only consume their HP which can be a huge boost but also regain the stam you spent. Which really can turn the tides of the game. They are somewhat situational but if you use this strategically against say an enemy that spawns other weak enemies or an enemy that has a chance to death spawn it can be very powerful.

although I spent the most time creating this class and working through it, it was a lot of fun to make balance and test.

I was so excited for people to play it I wanted to make sure it was FREE and unlocked so everyone can experience it from the start.

Hope you guys enjoyed this preview I will do another one in a few days or so an so on until release. If you guys have any questions let me know!

Stronsay likes this.
  4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The Alien Class Preview

The Alien class I would describe as a morphing/casting class that focuses on confusion skills.

Lunar Wasp - A transformation into a speedy poisonous wasp.
    Solar Beam - A magic energy based attack with a chance to stun: 10.
    Flesh Mend - A minor healing spell that uses no stamina.
    Brain Blast - A weak damaging spell with a large chance to confuse: 50 percent.
    Perplex - A debuffing skill that lowers enemy agi : 6 and intelligence : 6.
    Mindstorm - A storm of damage that hits all enemies and has a chance to confuse: 50.
    Matter Bomb - A magical energy based attack with heavy damage.
    Galactic Demon - A transformation into a powerful galactic demon. Gains melee power loses magical power.
    Quasar Glare - A magical stare that always stuns when it hits.
    Meganova - A huge magical damaging spell that also damages the caster.

So in the early game Alien is pretty sturdy is how I would describe it. With its self heal costing no stam and and brain blast confusing at a 50% rate its really an outlast the opponent type deal and let them injure themselves. its pretty fun to play and watch while you just need to keep an eye on your mana (for heals) and watch the enemy destroy itself.

Later in the game you get some more damaging spells that are very powerful with stacked int as well as even more but this time an AOE confuse that really causes chaos!

The Galactic Demon is a fun tweak that I put in there for those who want to play things a little out of the box. This morph/transform gives the Alien more HP which is useful but lowers int and raises strength. So you can play with str equipment and really get some fun damage out of it if you choose.

Quasar Glare is an always stun which is pretty useful for certain bosses that you want to powerdown.

The Meganova is the aliens form of a physical backstab with a little kickback. This is a huge burst attack that also damages the alien a good deal so use with caution.

Overall it was a lot of fun to create and play I really enjoyed the stacking of defense and healing skills, equipment and pets and just letting the enemies destroy each other.

AltsKev likes this.
  5. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I wouldn't mind a left handed option to move the direction pad to the left side. It isn't bad where it is, but that little shift would be nice.

IAP: Am I correct that 2x gems means upon purchase double the amount of gems will be collected for the life of the game?

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

honestly shouldnt be too hard to do a left handed option after all the stuff i did for the diff screensizes I have a pretty good idea of what to do ill add to update list.

As for the 2x GEMS. Yea its really the best deal there is. Double gems on EVERYTHING, battles, arena completion, game completion etc.

7. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Awesome!! Thank you. 2x is a good deal, I'm on it!

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Pushing a minor update through hopefully in the next few days to fix mostly accessibility issues and a few sound issues. If you guys see anything else let me know.

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys just submitted the first update last night. Mostly fixes for voiceover users but there is a fix to add back in battle music as well and some cleaned up code.
    Will let you guys know when this is live.

side note I’m not sure when this post will be locked since the game is out but I’ll keep an eye out.

I think I released on the wrong day so I missed the whole out this week post by a day so maybe next week.

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA