3DS... perhaps the greatest device ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    And anyway this discussion is pointless because it all comes down to tastes and the amount of money you are willing to spend. If you like nintendo games thats fine but id rather be playing and yet it moves for example on the wii than any nintendo made game or something like world of goo on my ipad (btw and yet it moves will likely be ported to ios). So its pointless trying to convince me to like zelda or starfox. Although i like the old 2d zeldas which more than likely we wont ever see another of.

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    You keep switching topics because you can't back up the godawful arguments you start. GTFO here kid. Go pollute other threads with your logic.

I bursted the little bubble where you live many times but you still don't understand.

3. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Portable game system standards are so low. Its lzughable when you guys get a hardon over old zelda or starfox games orff 1 and 2 (and recently announced 4 for the psp) remakes or ports (remember all that praise for the ff3 3d ds remake) whennios gamers expect that for $5 bucks (just look at the mediocre secret of mana reception). You guys are obsessed over old japanese square enix games.

4. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Perhaps a mod can clean up the past couple of pages and remove the godawful derailing trolling?

Anyway, 3DS news update...

Nintendo World 2011 event has plenty of playable titles

PLAYABLE
    1. Hideo Kojima’s Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D The Naked Sample (auto demo)
    2. Winning Eleven 3D Soccer
    3. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
    4. Resident Evil Revelations
    5. Samurai Warriors Chronicle
    6. Dead or Alive Dimensions
    7. Ridge Racer 3D
    8. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    9. Nintendogs + Cats
    10. Kid Icarus
    11. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
    12. Steel Diver
    13. Pilot Wings Resort
    14. AR Games
    15. Nintendo 3DS Camera

VIDEO
    1. Hideo Kojima’s Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D The Naked Sample (auto demo)
    2. Winning Eleven 3D Soccer
    3. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
    4. Resident Evil Revelations
    5. Samurai Warriors Chronicle
    6. Dead or Alive Dimensions
    7. Ridge Racer 3D
    8. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    9. Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
    10. Super Monkey Ball 3D
    11. Kingdom Hearts 3D
    12. Gundam The 3D Battle
    13. Tales of the Abyss
    14. One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP
    15. Cubic Ninja
    16. Tobidasu Puzzle Bobble 3D
    17. Pro Baseball Famisuta 2011
    18. Animal Resort
    19. Xevious
    20. 3D Beauty Clock
    21. Nintendogs + Cats
    22. Kid Icarus
    23. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
    24. Steel Diver
    25. Pilot Wings Resort
    26. Star Fox 64 3D
    27. Paper Mario
    28. Animal Crossing
    29. Mario Kart
    30. AR Games
    31. Mii Plaza

STAGE SHOWS (will be streamed live on the internet)
    * Nintendo 3DS introduction showing Mii de Asobu (“Play as Mii”), and AR Games (All three days at 11:00. Each day will have a different celebrity guest.)
    * “Nintendo Music Live” (All three days at 12:30)
    * 3DS game introduction featuring Metal Gear Solid Series (1st day at 13:45)
    * 3DS game introduction featuring Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition/Yoshinori Ono (2nd day at 13:45)
    * 3DS game introduction with Level-5/Akihiro Hino (3rd day at 13:45)
    * 3DS game introduction featuring Kid Icarus/Masahiro Sakurai (1st day at 15:00)
    * 3DS game introduction featuring Resident Evil Series (2nd day at 15:00)
    * 3DS game introduction featuring Nintendogs + Cats (3rd day at 15:00)

Mega Man returns... in Jan 2011?

The director of fan voting project Mega Man Legends 3DS has notified all that he will be attending the Nintendo World 2011 briefing in Jan 2011. Considering the early state of the MML3 project, it looks the best we can hope for is an early trailer.

Animal Resort screens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miyamoto says Mario Kart 3DS works really well in 3D

Something to look forward to...
    He was talking about the advantage of perceiving depth, and I assumed he was only talking about platformers. Presumably, Mario Kart looks great in 3D.

For the briefest of moments, Miyamoto looks like Pocket-lint has stolen a prized biscuit from his private cookie jar, since no announcement of Mario Kart in 3D has been made. Then he smiles.

“You’re right. We’ve found that pulling the camera far back to observe the car racing works really well".

Bit.Trip developer has 3DS dev kits "for a while", working on new game

“I can neither confirm nor deny that we do or do not have a Nintendo 3DS dev kit; nor that it is or is not red; nor that we have or do not have any plans for Nintendo 3DS development. Nor can I confirm or deny that the Bit.Trip games do or do not look totally amazing in 3D.”

IGA's Metroidvania Castlevania games to make a new entry on 3DS

Basically, a rep for Konami mentioned the studio who made the handheld Castlevania titles are now working on the 3DS, and are also experimenting with the augmented reality tech of the 3DS.

Konami's Girlfriend simulator LovePlus 3DS can recognise your ugly mug

Konami’s unique dating sim Project LovePlus will reportedly take advantage of the 3DS’s inner camera as a personalized login system of sorts, to ensure that your simulated virtual girlfriend doesn’t accidentally cheat on you. If someone other than yourself grabs your copy of Project LovePlus, your girlfriend will fail to recognize the “thief’s” face and will say things along the lines of “Who are you?”

Considering the pedigree of this series, how much great tech it uses for such creepy subject matter, don't be surprised to see the camera also being used to recognise you virtually kissing your virtual girlfriend when she leans in forward for a smooch.

5. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Lol doesnt look any better than glyder 2 for ipad or Nanosaur 2.

6. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Personally, I really enjoyed warioland for virtual boy and playnit via emulation and 3d glasses on pc. There is no reason they shouldnt port it and it isnt a launch title. I bet none of those games will display 3d platforming mechanics of objects coming in and out of view like it but just play like n64 games.

7. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Lol the quest is probably better and more in depth than any 3ds launch games and probably ita future rpg section. Heckgamers have such varying tastes look at this thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=78832

Some ppl think itsbeven better than the king and GOTY, Aralon. So again, just cause u guys think no one eqnts or is hyping call of duty zombies doesnt mean they dont wish it was on their system just look at the quiet and unhyped quest support on that thread u also never hear anything about compared to aralon yet tehre are ppl who prefer it.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How about you shut up now? I'm bored of this fanboy shit, I don't give a crap if you wanna miss out on some awesome games, go and f***ing make love to your iPhone, shove it up your ass and shiver in ecstasy as you think about how awesome N.O.V.A looks. This topic is about the 3DS so stop bringing this retarded iPhone conversation in. You clearly know nothing about games as evident by all the ridiculous comparisons you've been making in your desperate attempt to derail the topic. Get the hell over yourself.

9. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    What you're saying might be a bit harsh.

But yes, I agree that the arguments for the pro-iPhone/iPod Touch > 3DS side have not exactly been very strong. I just want to say that since this is the 3DS thread we should probably get it back on track instead of going through this pointless debate.

10. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
  11. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    owned .

12. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Why dont you get the hell out of this site if you dont expect people to challenge your little claim of this being the best device or post ur crap on gamefaqs or nintedo.com or someting. And btw here ismy oqnd back at you from toucharcade itself:
    http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/29/2010-pushing-the-ios-platform-even-further/

"Before we found ourselves immersed in Aralon, we thought game worlds this expansive were going to be reserved for the PC and home consoles. Being"

Yea the ds or psp have somany such games with such co plexity (/sarcasm). Another wuote for ya:

"I still remember just how blown away I was when I played my first online game of Mario Kart on the Nintendo DS in 2005, and the crazy WiFi setup it required. (No WPA, still!) Fast forward five years, and we're playing 16 player online races via 3G networks anywhere that you've got cellular service and enough battery left to play."

Go back to your little 3d or ds land queers.

13. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Quote trom the end of the article:
    "What's even more amazing is considering that we're basically in the middle of the fourth generation iPod touch, iPhone 4, and iPad product cycles. There's so much more these devices are capable of, and it's hard to even imagine what their successors will be able to do. 2010 was filled with advancements both in iOS hardware and software, I can't wait to see what happens next year."

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #534 crex, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
    Take a chill pill.

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Here's a fact for you: you're being a total dick. This one isn't even negotiable, it's made brutally obvious by the fact you can't let this go. For some pathetic reason, the fact people like the 3DS literally hurts you, doesn't it? Hearing any praise towards it sends a streak of pain stinging through your heart, and you just can't sit there and look at it without some ridiculous, childish rebuttal. Why are you trying to prove this point? To look clever? Because practically everyone in here thinks you look like an idiot, and it only heightens with each post you make. Absolutely no one gives a crap what you like and what you don't like, you're insignificant and unimportant to our well-being and enjoyment of games. You know ****ing nothing.

Here it is in block capitals because you don't seem to get the point:
    WE DON'T CARE WHICH YOU THINK IS BETTER. GO AND TYPE IT ELSEWHERE YOU ANNOYING LITTLE TROLL.

Oh, and if you are going to keep arguing with me, learn to spell. It's like I'm talking to a freakin' 8 year old.

16. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Wow at using "queer"... didn't know this site had early 20th century mindsets visiting.

You have now derailed the past several pages with your off-topic speak, all over a mere sentence that includes the word "perhaps". I think it's time for you to call it quits unless you want to be reported to oblivion.

17. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    Considering I write reviews and news pieces for IDevice games and have played many systems as well as owned many nintendo systems like the n64, wii, gamecube, etc. and probably am older than you (26) shows I have at least more credence than you.

18. Stirolak26

Sep 19, 2010
    I didnt start the name callimg but found the word queer as a funny and rightful way to describe nintendo fanboys of mashrom and flower talking games. Not that I have anything against fantasy and creative games mind you lol but some stuff intendo does is just so out there lol.

19. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #539 Omega-F, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    Give it up kid, you are gonna get banned. In the meantime, save some money for a 3DS.

Ignorance is a bliss they say. That applies perfectly well for you. I mean, do you think anyone here takes you seriously after the relentless display of stupidity you have demonstrated since you started to derail the thread? Are you that insecure of your own device that you feel the urge to downplay others using retarded logic and laughable arguments?

Have some dignity and go find fools somewhere else who believe any of the BS you say.

Report this clown.

20. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    they're Japanese

and stop, btw