One of the best ways you can support TouchArcade is by doing your Amazon shopping through a TouchArcade affiliate link. We’ve set up the easy to remember toucharcade.com/amazon too if you want to type that in or bookmark it. We get a small percentage of anything you buy through any of these links, which otherwise would just go to financing Jeff Bezos’s experimental pizza bagel flavors or whatever else he’s up to now, and it goes a long way to supporting the site at no additional cost to you. These Amazon Items of the Day articles are all products we have used ourselves, and feel are things that the TouchArcade audience might be interested in!
When it comes to charging, I’m all about packing as many ports into a charger as I can, which has made these mutli-port chargers an absolute necessity both around my house and in my bag of junk I carry with me when I travel. The RAVPower 60W 5-Port USB-C Charging Station is one heck of a multi-tasker, as it features a USB-C port capable of charging the Nintendo Switch, your MacBook, or other USB-C devices and four USB ports that can do 2.4A each. Better yet, for whatever reason, today this is on sale for $20.39 (down from $39.99). For the sake of comparison, I’ve also got a bunch of these very similar Anker chargers that I bought thinking they were a pretty good deal at $49.99. This is an absurd deal.
I have these kind of chargers all over the place at my house, as it seems like everything I use these days charges either over USB or USB-C. I’ve got one in the drawer of my night stand, on my desk, and next to my couch. $20 is pretty nuts too, as that’s what a normal Switch charger will run you, but this one also includes four more USB ports for charging batteries, iPhones, iPads, and any other weirdo thing you plug into a USB port for power. I do wish someone would eventually release a charger like this that has a fold in power plug sort of like MacBook chargers, as the cord is a little annoying for minimal travel packing, but, whatever.
Amazon reviews are overly positive as well, with the few negative reviews coming from folks who just seem like they got a bad unit they could easily just return to Amazon. Additionally, Ravpower offers lifetime warranties on these chargers in case it stops working after your warranty runs out. Really, I can’t say enough good things about these things, and for $20? That’s a frickin’ smokin’ deal.
Thanks for checking out today’s Amazon Item of the Day, and as mentioned before, even if you’re not interested in this particular product, buying things from Amazon by first visiting toucharcade.com/amazon is immensely helpful in supporting the site at no additional cost to you. Additionally, if you’re ever thinking of signing up for any Amazon services, we’d really appreciate if if you’d do it through these links:
- Amazon Prime Free Trial – Free shipping, Amazon Prime video, Kindle books, Twitch goodies, and a bunch of other stuff bundled into one subscription.
- Amazon Prime Student 6-month Trial – A slightly different flavor of Amazon Prime, exclusive to students that costs half as much.
- AmazonFresh Free Trial – Amazon’s grocery delivery service.
- Amazon Home Services – Amazon vetted handymen, house cleaning, and similar.
- Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial – Amazon’s answe to Spotify, Apple Music, and other similar services.
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks – If you’re even remotely interested in audiobooks, Audible is the best.
- Join Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited – Basically the text equivalent of an Audible membership.
- Download the free Kindle app – The best ebook platform, largely because unlike iBooks, your library is totally cross platform.
- Shop Amazon Cell Phones – Wireless phones and service plans without the hassle of dealing with going to a store.
If you want to take things a step further, you can check out our Patreon, but either way we just appreciate you sticking with us and continuing to both visit and contribute to the TouchArcade community over the years! If you’ve got a product you’re interested in seeing featured in an Amazon Item of the Day, don’t hesitate to reach out. The best way to get in contact with us is via email at email@example.com and be sure to include “Amazon Item of the Day" in the subject.