Zynga accidentally copies own game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by karlth, Feb 14, 2012.

1. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Zynga Inc. today announced a new game called FarmHouse, a farming simulation game for multiple platforms.

[​IMG]

"FarmHouse lets players cultivate their farms by plowing, planting and harvesting crops and trees. Players also care for their farm animals: milking their cows and collecting eggs from their chickens." said Zynga CEO Mark Pincus.

The new game immediately drew complaints about copying but Mr. Pincus said that FarmHouse was an original product based on an original idea and would provide hours of fun for all players.

Noted analysts were quoted as saying that FarmHouse bore an uncanny resemblance to the popular online game FarmVille by Zynga. When contacted Mario Piazzi the head of the legal department at Zynga said they were starting legal proceedings: "It is obvious that FarmHouse is a direct copy of our popular FarmVille game and we'll sue their pants off."

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    LOL!

I can see why this is coming though. Intrest in farmville might be dying and they might be releasing this slightly newer version to attract new players and nobody will go back to farmville. I call it the call of duty effect

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Almost everybody does work that Way:

Electronic Arts with their hole Sport Franchise, Konami too, Activision with their Call of Duty Franchise. Nintendo with...well they are even worse then Zynga in some Cases.

I know that Zynga isn`t really Everybody's Darling Nowadays but this is slowly getting to a new Level I don`t like overall.

And it's not only that Way in the Video Game Industry. Take a look at car manufacturers and you would puke sometimes how they work today...

4. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    interesting. zynga seems so to keep innovating itself, all the time