Zooloretto coming April 2009

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrbass, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooloretto from Spin Bottle Games. Won German boardgame of the year 2008. Play up to 4 players passing idevice around or play against AI. Works with 2 to 4 players. I don't myself have Zoolereto but have the 2003 card game Coloretto which Zooloretto is based on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    OMG, this looks AWESOME. I will definitely get this when it comes out. Any other information? Who is making it? How much will it cost? etc?

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Did you try clicking the link in mrbass' post? There are actually some nice details about the game there. Also, he said in the first sentence that the game was by Spin Bottle Games. The game reminds me of a portable Zoo Tycoon.

4. Much more involved than one might think. Don't dismiss it as an easy game due to the graphics. Here's the 6 page PDF rules.
    http://riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_220_gameRules.pdf
    This boargame goes for around $35 so really curious to see what the price point will be. Also I posted 2008 but in fact it was in 2007 it won game of the year my bad.

5. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Thanks mrbass! Zooleretto looks worth getting. I look forward to first impressions and video of it.

6. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Looks really nice. When it says 2-4 players can it be played by just ONE player vs. AI? I see it says can be played with AI players but then the 2-4 players confused me.

7. [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Play against the computer or up to 4 other players (Pass'n Play)

ok my bad it's 2 to 5 players. So I'm sure say you have 3 players you just pass it around. Same with 4 or 5. Even with 2. Now for the AI...yea not sure myself if it'll let you only play 2 player games with 1 opponent AI or if it has 4 opponent AIs to compete against.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

8. phishboy

phishboy Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Hampton, VA
    Sweet. I can't wait for this one. Zoloretto is a family favorite here. I wish more boardgames would come to the Touch.

9. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    this game deffinetly looks interesting
    worth checking out :)
    never heard of it before now but looks fun

anyone played the boardgame?

10. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Yeah this looks really good. I've never heard of the board game but this game looks graphically nice. Can't wait to see this one get added to the App Store library :)

11. http://www.vimeo.com/463141
    Video is shows how to play Zoolereto. Yes even 5 year olds can play.
    0:00 Setup
    5:00 Gameplay
    15:00 Scoring
    17:45 Expansions

12. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Great to see more boardgame adaptations appearing. I like the earlier version of the game (card game Coloretto) more as it is more streamlined, but Zooloretto may actually work better on the iPhone. There's more to do and the computer takes care of the more complex rules and scoring options. I like the 3D graphics revamp too. Hopefully they will incorporate the small expansions in the game also.

Zooloretto the boardgame can be had for under 20 euros, so I'd expect the pricepoint for the iPhone version to be somewhere between 3 and 5 euros/dollars. If there were a reliable Internet network play option, even a $10 price tag might be acceptable.

Two titles from Herr Doktor Knizia and now one from Michael Schacht. It's great to see two of my favourite board game designers making it to iPhone!

13. Don't forget Hanto = Hive and Mining Bots = Hey That's my Fish and Exqueezme = Blokus. Hmm Hanto got removed...suck.

14. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Yes, got those too (didn't know Hanto got pulled, but that was kind of expected). I like how the new batch of games are officially licensed. Fan-made, unlicensed software is fine as long as it is offered for free - I really love the free PC version of Blue Moon by Keldon and it even has publishers permission. But when I pay for commercial products, I prefer them to be official. The publishers will take a lot more negative stance towards fan software if people try to make money out of their intellectual property without consent, and that's harmful for the hobby.

Anyway, I hope the games will get wifi and internet play options too, those can be a major selling point for some people (I prefer AI for computer play and real board for social gaming, but there are times when live gaming just isn't possible and network play is a good substitute).

15. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I'm still waiting for Zooleretto, I hope it comes out next week! :D

16. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    hehe. I apparently didn't read that first post too well. I may have missed the text entirely and gone straight to the screenshots.

I too hope it'll include the expansions.

I've played the board game a few times. It's okay, but I hope it'll be more fun on the iPhone, no setup and (as someone already said) the all the scoring will be automagic.

17. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

ZOOLORETTO coming soon for iPhone - new video

Coming soon - Zooloretto for iPhone/iPod Touch. Published by Chillingo, developed by Spinbottle games.

In Zooloretto each player uses small, large, wild and exotic animals and their young to try attracting as many visitors as possible to their zoo. Be careful - the zoo must be carefully planned. Before you know it, you have too many animals and not enough room for them.

18. Great Chillingo that your publishing this. Hope it goes well. Anticipating this title immensely.

19. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I thought you were all talking about a Zoolander game until I actually read the posts.

20. MrSnap

MrSnap Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #20 MrSnap, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009