iPad ZoneOut is finally OUT

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jaisor, Dec 11, 2008.

1. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    After a month of slaving, sleepless nights and bad junk food etc... (you know it) ZoneOut is finally available on the AppStore :)

It has a more classic arcade feel and sound but I believe many will enjoy it.

Check it out: http://neonsurge.com/zoneout

Has a youtube video and everything. We found a few dedicated beta testers who seem to be heading the online score list regularly, its providing a challenge for now but if I hope they behave :) Around the end of the month we plan on giving out a few t-shirts and gift cards if the interest spikes.

For the newbies - try to zone out as much area at once as possible, that is the key to awards, unlocks and higher scores.

Let me know what you all think!

2. hecklerx

hecklerx Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Switzerland
    I bought this game on the itunes store, it's pretty cool. It's basically a version of those games where you clear a certain amount of area to advance, but with a twist since it has achievements/trophies.

3. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Looks good. Think I'll give it a go.

4. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I tried this yesterday

I saw this yesterday on AppShopper and gave it a quick try.

My initial impression was that it looks good and well thought out. Gameplay concept is similar to two others I already have (Blix lite and Dr Awsome). I did have some trouble with the controls in that they felt slightly sluggish.

I'm planning to play it on my lunch break today (11 minutes to go here until my break!) and will comment further later. Other than the control issue I had yesterday so far it looks promising. :)

5. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    Hey thanks for the quick reply,

Yeah the controls might take some getting used to at first. You can switch between the accelerometer and finger-swipe in the settings and also change the input sensitivity.

I think finger-swipe works best as long as you don't try to swipe over the ship (which I used to do instinctively :)) Just swipe in the middle of the screen and you will have no issues.

Hope u have fun, and watch out for Blue, he is a mean one! ;)

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I remember I saw this entry and i first thought it was a kind of shooter or something but I glad I saw the video (how it helps!)! Downloading... :)

7. ccallstar

ccallstar Member

Dec 11, 2008
    pleasantly suprised

saw this thread and figured i'd try it out. fun game and low price. well done :)

8. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I already hav bix and it looks like the same thing.

9. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    Its like bix ON STEROIDS! :mad: Plus online scores, awards, variety of pickups and enemies!

10. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I have Bix, Dr. Awesome and now ZoneOut.

They have the same base concept but they are different. DrA and ZO have great graphics and production along with unique tweaks that make them more enjoyable to play.

If you only like old/retro game design look and feel keep just Bix then. ;)

11. Aerundel

Aerundel Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I just checked out Bix (Lite) and Dr. Awesome... Dude, why are you plugging your own game in the review when rating those other apps? You also did it for Fieldrunners. That's pretty low, regardless of how many stars you give each game. Also, you gave your own game 5 stars in a comment thinly veiled as a challenge to beat your score. You should let customers determine what's good without adding your obvious bias.

12. jakeoneal

jakeoneal New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Zoneout

I'm pretty much hooked to this little app. It's great fun and has a great price. I think it's right on target, where other titles fail. Worth the download!

13. Exodela

Exodela New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Pretty cool game

I've been playing it for a while now and I have to say it's very addictive.

14. jaisor

jaisor Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Lead Software Developer
    Irvine CA
    I see your point about the other games, I removed my reviews and will put new ones w/o other titles mentioned, I don't like when people do that either - thanks for putting me back on the straight and narrow :)

But Dude, don't blame the player, blame the game :( It's a cut throat environment on the store right now, we are extremely small sized (3 people all, having regular jobs) and just trying to get our click up. Making each title is a total brain-killing tedious process and even if we enjoy every second of it we still want to see some results so we can keep doing it.

As for my own review with my score challenge - come beat my score and I promise I will change my review saying your name as being better than me at playing my own game - how is that? :p

15. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    The game looks really awesome. I'm planning on buying it especially because it's only $1 right now. :)

Congratulations on finishing this game :) Good luck on sales

16. InsolentDreams

InsolentDreams Well-Known Member

Similar to Qix and Dr Awesome...

Hey guys, thanks for checking it out. Yeah it is similar to Qix and Dr. Awesome but as Jaisor mentioned it has some great things like pickups, an award system like Xbox, and yeah it's on sale now for 99c. I'm another author of this game from the Neon Surge clan...

So you all know, I just put a post up about free promo codes for the game (see post below). If you're interested, PM me.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=2056

In exchange I just ask for a honest iTunes comment/review of the game. :)

Cheers!